Zeke needs to wake up and earn his money

blueblood70

Reaction score
McNeil has 8,074 yards, obviously Zeke needs 8,075 to pass him. Ya know it is possible he could make it this season, hate to say this because TEAM comes first but having Pollard isn't helping Zekes numbers.

I do doubt most know or care where he is on any all time lists other than us to be honest.

This running back thing, hmmmmm? I am looking at a list with nothing but great running backs on it, but no.....Ollie Matson, Frank Gifford, Paul Hornung, Marion Motley, Steve Van Buren, Hugh McElhenny, Terrell Davis, Floyd Little, Leroy Kelly, all in the Hall of Fame, now add Bo Jackson, Herschel Walker, Wilbert Montgomery, Willie Galimore, and another 1000 who deserve mention...point......soooooooooooooooooo many running backs, do you really need to spend a high draft pick to get one? Not that many great edge rushers or offensive tackles out there which are far more important than any running back, you don't have a tackle you won't have a QB very long.

Zeke is a stud, but so is a 1000 other cats, hell big Cookie Gilchrist terrorized the old AFL he's on no lists and most.....who?

SO??!!

zeke was drafted, resigned and is here part fo the DC team and what you want to try and argue away his importance which wont stop him from being here 1-3 more years..get over it accept it its that our FO decided was more important at the time and dont have any issues with it AT ALL....

go rip and break down some players on other teams..zekes still great and very important here taking up DCs time making sure they stop him first..

3 down bell cow that OURS!! you al can stop the BS on why he shouldnt have been chosen or repaid..the fact is thats very old news and hes here..

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Well, never really heard much about stacked boxes until Zeke came around and everyone claimed he always ran against stacked boxes. When people make those claims, I see if I can find data to back it up. In this case, NFL Next Gen Stats started tracking this back in 2016. The numbers are what they are and have consistently been low compared to fan’s perceptions.

I remember in Emmitt's last years, especially with our mess at QB, that was always a defense for his declining numbers. The reality was probably both. I like how those next gen stats give more depth to the arguments.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I remember in Emmitt's last years, especially with our mess at QB, that was always a defense for his declining numbers. The reality was probably both. I like how those next gen stats give more depth to the arguments.

It's actually a fairly logical conclusion that if a team has no passing game defenses can pay more attention to the run. Back in the heyday Emmitt and the Great Wall were good enough to move people even if they put 9 in the box. As the line got older and Emmitt along with it they were less able to do so. That's when it fell to Troy to attack the defense but once we lost Mike in '99 the passing game took a dive and never really came back until Romo showed up 5 years later. Inability to run against a stacked box should not be viewed as some sort of failure.. Inability to pass against it should..

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's actually a fairly logical conclusion that if a team has no passing game defenses can pay more attention to the run. Back in the heyday Emmitt and the Great Wall were good enough to move people even if they put 9 in the box. As the line got older and Emmitt along with it they were less able to do so. That's when it fell to Troy to attack the defense but once we lost Mike in '99 the passing game took a dive and never really came back until Romo showed up 5 years later. Inability to run against a stacked box should not be viewed as some sort of failure.. Inability to pass against it should..
:hammer:

RaZon

Reaction score
SO??!!

zeke was drafted, resigned and is here part fo the DC team and what you want to try and argue away his importance which wont stop him from being here 1-3 more years..get over it accept it its that our FO decided was more important at the time and dont have any issues with it AT ALL....

go rip and break down some players on other teams..zekes still great and very important here taking up DCs time making sure they stop him first..

3 down bell cow that OURS!! you al can stop the BS on why he shouldnt have been chosen or repaid..the fact is thats very old news and hes here..

Rip? Break down?,,,,huh?

Zeke is a GREAT running back but so are TONS of other guys, ya don't use first round picks for Jim Brown. If building a team QB/offensive line, pass rushers, DB's/backers....now ya can talk RB/WR/TE.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

I do kinda feel like I need to address Raze's statement about Zeke essentially being just "one of a 1000 guys.." That's simply not true.. Zeke is already in the top 65 in league history in rushing and top 150 in scrimmage yards.. It's a pretty solid bet that barring injury he will finish his career in the top 20 all time in rushing and probably top 50 in yards from scrimmage.. That's a tad more than "one of a thousand guys." That's pretty special.. and that's what you hope for when you take a guy that high. When I look at the guys currently on that top 20 list I can't find a lot of late round picks.. In fact as I eyeball the list the only non first rounders are Frank Gore (3) and LeSean McCoy (22) .. and they were both second round picks.

The myth that you can get all time level production out of a running back in the 6th round is overblown. Yes those guys can rise up and have a minute where they shine.. but if you want a guy who can produce over the long haul .. you gotta spend some money. I know the game has changed and the rules are basically begging teams to pass the ball all the time these days.. but there is nothing wrong with being able to win both ways.. which is where the Cowboys find themselves right now.. If we win even one championship with this group, that pick AND the second contract that everybody hates will be 100% validated. IMHO of course.

Proof

Reaction score
The rest of you know this is his daily click bait thread, right?

i swore that this thread must have been old and brought back to life to laugh at someone lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rip? Break down?,,,,huh?

Zeke is a GREAT running back but so are TONS of other guys, ya don't use first round picks for Jim Brown. If building a team QB/offensive line, pass rushers, DB's/backers....now ya can talk RB/WR/TE.
again TOO LASTE he was drafted in 2016 let it go!!! what the heck does this ridiculous debate accomplish now that hes drafted and signed to long term deal..

NOTHING NADA

redundant ignorance..

the FO puts the roster together that what it is until its not..

BTW other rbs since zeke have went in the first round and others top 5 other have been paid..at least zekes still on the field playing and at high level btw..

anything else you need explained?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I do kinda feel like I need to address Raze's statement about Zeke essentially being just "one of a 1000 guys.." That's simply not true.. Zeke is already in the top 65 in league history in rushing and top 150 in scrimmage yards.. It's a pretty solid bet that barring injury he will finish his career in the top 20 all time in rushing and probably top 50 in yards from scrimmage.. That's a tad more than "one of a thousand guys." That's pretty special.. and that's what you hope for when you take a guy that high. When I look at the guys currently on that top 20 list I can't find a lot of late round picks.. In fact as I eyeball the list the only non first rounders are Frank Gore (3) and LeSean McCoy (22) .. and they were both second round picks.

The myth that you can get all time level production out of a running back in the 6th round is overblown. Yes those guys can rise up and have a minute where they shine.. but if you want a guy who can produce over the long haul .. you gotta spend some money. I know the game has changed and the rules are basically begging teams to pass the ball all the time these days.. but there is nothing wrong with being able to win both ways.. which is where the Cowboys find themselves right now.. If we win even one championship with this group, that pick AND the second contract that everybody hates will be 100% validated. IMHO of course.
preaching to the choir :)

the argument is pretty moot when the draft was in 2016 and the deal was done in 19..its over, some wont move on.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
preaching to the choir :)

the argument is pretty moot when the draft was in 2016 and the deal was done in 19..its over, some wont move on.

Yeah I don't get the desire to rail against having drafted a guy who is likely to end up among the top 20 to 25 all time at his position. I am hard pressed to think of any other person in that draft whom we will be able to say that about other than Derrick Henry, provided he comes back healthy from his injury.. If someone can think of another player drafted that year who fits that description I'd love to hear it.

RaZon

Reaction score
again TOO LASTE he was drafted in 2016 let it go!!! what the heck does this ridiculous debate accomplish now that hes drafted and signed to long term deal..

NOTHING NADA

redundant ignorance..

the FO puts the roster together that what it is until its not..

BTW other rbs since zeke have went in the first round and others top 5 other have been paid..at least zekes still on the field playing and at high level btw..

anything else you need explained?

Trust me my man I didn't need that explained....got it?

Give me the names of those GREAT Patriot running backs, well?. Sam "Bam" Cunningham is that franchises all time rushing leader. What did Barry Sanders ever win? Winning in the NFL is not about having a stud RB, you have to be told this, really?

Zeke is great, but ya don't take any RB in the first round. Whoa....ok ok if you have all the other positions solid hmmmm....ok RB. But who has that?

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Give me the names of those GREAT Patriot running backs, well?. Sam "Bam" Cunningham is that franchises all time rushing leader. What did Barry Sanders ever win? Winning in the NFL is not about having a stud RB, you have to be told this, really?

Zeke is great, but ya don't take any RB in the first round. Whoa....ok ok if you have all the other positions solid hmmmm....ok RB. But who has that?

The Cowboys had two pro bowl tackles, a pro bowl center, a pro bowl guard, a pro bowl QB, two good pass rushers, a pro bowl tight end, a pro bowl WR, a pro bowl corner, a pro bowl LB .. The only areas of outright weakness were DT and safety.. which we are reminded daily that you ALSO don't take that high in the first round.. The Cowboys were in a position to take the guy who will be no worse than the 3rd or 4th best player in that draft when it's all said and done. I will never see that as a bad move.. I'm pretty sure we're all glad as hell they didn't maneuver their way around to get one of those "great" QBs in that draft that's for damn sure.

Reactions: BAT

RaZon

Reaction score

See my avatar with Don Perkins, he was great and on no all time lists.

Paul Lowe great running back first Charger 1000 yard rusher.
Abner Haynes great running back, first Texan/Chiefs 1000 yard rusher.
Dick Bass great running back, first Ram 1000 yard rusher.
Speaking of the Rams...Tank Younger/Deacon Dan Towler great duo, Lawrence McCutheon a legit stud.

Lydell Mitchelll
Terry Metcalf
Greg Pruitt
Timmy Brown
JD Smith
Wendell Tyler
Willie Galimore
Rick Casares
John David Crow
Tommy Mason
Calvin Hill
Wilbert Montgomery

and on and on and on....Chuck Foreman, John Brockington, Clem Daneils......

TONS...of stud running backs, The game isn't about running backs.

RaZon

Reaction score
The Cowboys had two pro bowl tackles, a pro bowl center, a pro bowl guard, a pro bowl QB, two good pass rushers, a pro bowl tight end, a pro bowl WR, a pro bowl corner, a pro bowl LB .. The only areas of outright weakness were DT and safety.. which we are reminded daily that you ALSO don't take that high in the first round.. The Cowboys were in a position to take the guy who will be no worse than the 3rd or 4th best player in that draft when it's all said and done. I will never see that as a bad move.. I'm pretty sure we're all glad as hell they didn't maneuver their way around to get one of those "great" QBs in that draft that's for damn sure.

Like I mentioned if ya don't need anything because ya got it all covered ok......running back. Didn't get this deep into it, just know it's rare for any team to not need anything but a RB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
See my avatar with Don Perkins, he was great and on no all time lists.

Paul Lowe great running back first Charger 1000 yard rusher.
Abner Haynes great running back, first Texan/Chiefs 1000 yard rusher.
Dick Bass great running back, first Ram 1000 yard rusher.
Speaking of the Rams...Tank Younger/Deacon Dan Towler great duo, Lawrence McCutheon a legit stud.

Lydell Mitchelll
Terry Metcalf
Greg Pruitt
Timmy Brown
JD Smith
Wendell Tyler
Willie Galimore
Rick Casares
John David Crow
Tommy Mason
Calvin Hill
Wilbert Montgomery

and on and on and on....Chuck Foreman, John Brockington, Clem Daneils......

TONS...of stud running backs, The game isn't about running backs.

There is a difference between a "great running back" and "an all time great running back." Yes there has been a thousand great running backs in the NFL.. But there has not been a thousand running backs as good as Ezekiel Elliott. I would not trade Zeke for any of the guys on your list above. Yes they were all great.. but not one of them as complete as a great football player as he. All opinion of course.. but that's my stance.

RaZon

Reaction score
There is a difference between a "great running back" and "an all time great running back." Yes there has been a thousand great running backs in the NFL.. But there has not been a thousand running backs as good as Ezekiel Elliott. I would not trade Zeke for any of the guys on your list above. Yes they were all great.. but not one of them as complete as a great football player as he. All opinion of course.. but that's my stance.

How many of those I listed did you see play? I get you are a huge Zeke fan but don't get carried away.

Jim Brown
Walter Payton
Barry Sanders
LT
Marshall Faulk
O,J,Simpson
Bo Jackson
Gale Sayers
Tony Dorsett
Eric Dickerson
Emmitt Smith
Marcus Allen
Adrian Peterson
Frank Gore
Jerome Bettis
Earl Campbell
Edgerrin James
Curtis Martin

So who on that list do you put Zeke above?

blueblood70

Reaction score

yes apparently an explanation is necessary, thick , stubborn and close minded fans need help..

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

again we dont have a time machine but we can just do the move on thing moving forward no need to keep harping on a very aged out and pathetic argument to downplay one of iuyr very best players whos ever working the star and the FO for picking and paying him..zeke done nothing to say it was mistake, nothing..

you are NOT an NFL FO exec nor are you in any way shape or form and expert for the nfl nor have you ever played in the nfl so your ridiculous attempt at informing us or the Cowboys this was mistake falls flat..

hows that nose feel? falling that hard on your face must hurt..

deuces :rolleyes:

RaZon

Reaction score
yes apparently an explanation is necessary, thick , stubborn and close minded fans need help..

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

again we dont have a time machine but we can just do the move on thing moving forward no need to keep harping on a very aged out and pathetic argument to downplay one of iuyr very best players whos ever working the star and the FO for picking and paying him..zeke done nothing to say it was mistake, nothing..

you are NOT an NFL FO exec nor are you in any way shape or form and expert for the nfl nor have you ever played in the nfl so your ridiculous attempt at informing us or the Cowboys this was mistake falls flat..

hows that nose feel? falling that hard on your face must hurt..

deuces :rolleyes:

Zeke did do something that was a mistake, he needed too much $$$$$ which doesn't help the cause.at all.

You don't have to be a deep sea diver to know.....yep, deep! Ya don't have to stick your hand in a fire to know.....hot! So cool that silly/////you were never///BS,,,,ok? Seen a lot of football my man can talk Cowboys you and Jerry Jones have never heard of, trust me!

My song n' dance is you can win without spending high draft picks or big $$$$ on a RB, and that is very true. So what is your problem guy?

HUGE...Cowboy fan here, my first concerns are winning, real tired of losing, so not too cool paying RB's big $$$$$.

irishline

Reaction score
hell big Cookie Gilchrist terrorized the old AFL he's on no lists and most.....who?

Well when you are 27 at the start of your (AFL/NFL) rookie season and basically play only 4 1/2 years that will happen. Terrorized the CFL for many years before that though.