Zeke not looking worthy of the 4th overall pick **merged**

John813

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time Zeke has played a pro style offense, right?

Drawing a blank on the offense OSU runs(think it's the spread).

So, it's definitely an adjustment of scheme and speed/physical play.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
To early to call him a bust but he's getting to many touches. Morris is the better RB at this point but he's not the shiny new toy,
he hasnt looked very good.
Morris just looks better overall.
I think you need to play them both, and just give Morris more time.
Elliot I was told did not fumble, but today he had two, so whats next ?
So far EE is a bust, not saying we should bench him or he wont get better , but doesnt look like he is gonna get the 2000 he was talking about lol.

They could rotate them , give EE one possession then morris one and so forth, and then over course of few games if one stands out, then maybe
make him the main guy .

Common Sense

Reaction score
To put Zeke's two games into perspective, he is on pace for:

328 carries
1,072 yards
3.27 YPC
8 TDs
8 fumbles

DandyDon52

Reaction score
What will fans say if he fumbles more than 6 times this season??
Many were hard on Murray about that.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
First Dallas cowboy rookie running back in history to score 1 touchdown each in first 2 games of season... give him time folks .. he is a rookie ..
No one should anoint him before he ever took a snap , and let's not cut him or label him a bust after 2 games ... Jeesh

rwalters31

Reaction score
Not looking worthy of the 4th overall pick.
He needs to be taught how to hold the ball high and tight. He is taking steps in learning how to be an NFL running back.
Next is how to function flawlessly behind an NFL OL. I give him three games to put the basics into play before functioning at a high level. By game 6 he should be leading all but two running backs in the league. I can wait as long as Morris is in and teaching the kid how to do it in the NFL.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
Emmitt was on a piss poor 1990 team behind a shoddy offensive line in a different era. He also didn't have a single game where he fumbled more than once. He ended with 4 fumbles. Aikman wasn't helping Smith out much either.

Completely different situation here. I don't know what else to say, he has looked average and Elliott agrees. He's certainly not going to praise himself, and shouldn't, for fumbling twice and killing momentum in the second half.
If he improves, cool. But as of now, all the heat he is getting is deserved and he will continue to get it until he improves.
And this very good offensive line didn't help Elliott out either....especially last week. He fumbled...twice. He'll be fine. Well, maybe he owes you an apology for not playing up to YOUR expectations. I'm curious to see your posts when or if Dak throws 2 or 3 ints. Or, when or IF Romo comes back and he throws 2 or 3 ints. Or does he get a pass because he wasn't drafted? Or, is it ok if any other RB fumble twice if they weren't drafted in the 1st Rd?

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I hate this thread. Why not root for your guy? Great improvement from game one. I like the kid. What's wrong with you people. We're two games in. Smh... 2 games 2 TD's... he did some nice things today. Two big time games vs divisional rivals. He'll be ok. Let's root for him. Why not?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Without reading the first 11 pages, let me revisit Emmitt Smith's first three games of his career:

2 carries, 2 yards, six carries, 11 yards, 17 carries, 63 yards. Then he went on a little tear that wound up in the Hall of Fame.

Not saying Zeke will be Emmitt, but let's give a guy that basically missed training camp some time.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
What makes people think Morris is better? His 5 carries for 7 yards today........personally we haven't seen enough of either to make that judgement

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith rookie year avg 58.6 yds per game and 3.9yds per carry. You might be a tad premature with your prediction. I see him getting better each game.
Didn't "predict" anything. And Emmitt Smith wasn't selected 4th overall, not to mention he was part of a full rebuilding process. But i digress, the point I am making is i haven't witnessed a single flash that says he has elite abilities, and beginning to worry we bought a Camby at a Mercedes price.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I'm glad none of you are coaches. I'll bet everyone of you learn to walk in one day. Oh wait...

Craig

Reaction score
No rb is worth that pick, his production doesnt really matter. That said, its early to write him off. He made substantial improvements today. He looked like an nfl calibre rb. If the fumble issues are just a growing pain and they are going to go away, this game was encouraging.