Twitter: Zeke predicted to win rushing title

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I don't know how you bet against Derrick Henry. He's 27, just came off the 5th best rushing year of all time, and he looks like an absolute train coming down the tracks. With the extra game in the season, he might break Dickerson's record. One thing I don't care for about an added game. All-time greats are going to be bumped down. It'll take all-time great seasons to do it, but it's gonna happen.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I believe last year's team put up some of the best offensive numbers for a Cowboys' team. 7th Best in team history if I remember correctly. And that was with a depleted OL, backup QB, a RB on the decline, and a new HC.

Why pay a RB $15M if he is an abject failure without an All-Pro OL? The excuses just never stop for some players.

He was not an abject failure. He rushed for 4 ypc behind a line not only missing its three-best players, but playing backups to backups. The only ones who consider what he did an abject failure are those who don't like what he was paid or don't like him.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Zeke is not the problem. Dallas' commitment to the run is the problem. Our WR's and TE's can't block worth a crap, so we're not seeing those long runs anymore. And because of that, Dallas isn't giving Zeke his touches like they should.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
If the oline holds up he could be in the running. What about our backup from Memphis? He will get a little bit of the action so the pie will get sliced up somewhat. A good problem to have.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Zeke is not the problem. Dallas' commitment to the run is the problem. Our WR's and TE's can't block worth a crap, so we're not seeing those long runs anymore. And because of that, Dallas isn't giving Zeke his touches like they should.
Stop making sence you are going to confuse people
He was not an abject failure. He rushed for 4 ypc behind a line not only missing its three-best players, but playing backups to backups. The only ones who consider what he did an abject failure are those who don't like what he was paid or don't like him.
You too

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don't know how you bet against Derrick Henry. He's 27, just came off the 5th best rushing year of all time, and he looks like an absolute train coming down the tracks. With the extra game in the season, he might break Dickerson's record. One thing I don't care for about an added game. All-time greats are going to be bumped down. It'll take all-time great seasons to do it, but it's gonna happen.

The only thing that might slow down Henry is that he's coming off a season where he carried the ball 378 times. He didn't have much wear and tear his first couple of years, but the last couple he's been over the 300 mark. Physical backs have trouble maintaining that from year to year. Elliott's workload last year was light in comparison (244 carries).

I won't be surprised if neither leads the league. It's a hard thing to continue repeating as the league leader.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

The excuses just never stop. Elliott couldn’t even gain 1000 yards in a 16 game season. He plain stinks. His blocking stunk and he can’t even hold the ball. Did you see him on the bench all gassed? Low Key Fade is more interested in getting stoned.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Zeke means bidness!
OIP.M9GgJrWFQzsNyNfmIabdiwHaFP

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Putting those expectations on Zeke will end up just being disappointing.

gimmesix

Reaction score
The excuses just never stop. Elliott couldn’t even gain 1000 yards in a 16 game season. He plain stinks. His blocking stunk and he can’t even hold the ball. Did you see him on the bench all gassed? Low Key Fade is more interested in getting stoned.

There are some posters that there's no sense even trying to have a conversation with on certain subjects because their bias shows through. You are clearly one of those on this subject.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Jerry’s ego will never in a million years let Zeke be rushing champ. He just paid top dollar for Dak. Cowboys are passing , passing , passing and then passing. . He’s got a better chance to lead in receptions.

Kwyn

Reaction score
‘Smoking seed?’ That is a new one for me. Don’t know what this seed is. Marijuana to grass to weed to seed? Love the linguistic journey of words and meanings. I plant seeds, never thought about smoking them.

I would go back to the 50s just for the women. Maybe the cars too. Luckily, I got a Japanese wife who is as close as I can get to a woman of the ‘50s today.
There are some posters that there's no sense even trying to have a conversation with on certain subjects because their bias shows through. You are clearly one of those on this subject.
Just ignore him. Literally.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I don't think KM's offensive scheme will lean on Zeke enough for him to even have a chance to be the rushing leader again. But on the bright side, Dak may pass for 6K yards this coming season. :)

nobody

Reaction score
I don't care what's predicted. I care about what IS. Prove it.

T-RO

Reaction score
Pollard - Rushing
2020 435 yards, 4.3 ave 4TD
2019 455, 5.3 ave 2TD

Elliott - Rushing
2020 979 yards, 4.0 ave 6TD
2019 1357 yards, 4.5 ave 12TD

--

Pollard - Receiving
2020 Caught 28 of 40 targets for 193 yards...yards per target: 4.8...1TD
2019 Caught 15 of 20 targets for 107 yards...yards per target: 5.4...1TD