Zeke Questions Critics Football IQ in Regards to Week 1 Performace

mardwin

Reaction score
Zeke was in a 1 on 1 position to score a touchdown inside the 5 yard and got tackled. Not sure what it's eating at him, the criticism is based on his own merit.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Zeke was in a 1 on 1 position to score a touchdown inside the 5 yard and got tackled. Not sure what it's eating at him, the criticism is based on his own merit.
If Jarwin even fell down in front of the safety its a walk in.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I guess I was just saying in the 1st half Zeke wasn't the issue but yes, the defense couldn't stop the run. That said, if the passing game could have been effective at getting scores the Rams would not have leaned on the running game as much as they did.

I shall have to disagree here.. If we were running up and down the field passing the ball what better way to keep that from happening than running the ball and playing keep away when your running game is averaging 7 yards per carry? Why would you put the ball in the hands of the QB you clearly don't trust when the ground game is going off?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I shall have to disagree here.. If we were running up and down the field passing the ball what better way to keep that from happening than running the ball and playing keep away when your running game is averaging 7 yards per carry? Why would you put the ball in the hands of the QB you clearly don't trust when the ground game is going off?
Its a hidden attack on Dak if you havent noticed yet lol. Defense allows 200 yards of rushing in a half of football and its Daks fault. lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Without looking to see hoe turnovers impacted any individual game scores, point being made is that when Zeke is not surpassing 75 yards it has a bigger impact on the team's success.

How many yards did Zeke have in the games he missed? Of which Dallas has won the last 5 straight..

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I would say the defense allowing damn near 200 yards rushing and two 15 play drives and two other drives of 10 and 9 plays impacted the game more than either of them.

Well Dallas had a 7-6 lead after holding the Rams to 2 FG's on their first 2 drives (27 plays 138 yards 12:39 TOP) and on Dallas' next 2 offensive drives they only managed 7 plays 26 yards with 3:15 TOP (5 passes 2 runs...Dak was 2-5 for 18 yards while Zeke was 2 carries for 8 yards)....after each of these 2 failed Dallas drives the Rams scored 2 TD's on 15 plays 140 yards 6:58 TOP...that put Dallas down 20-7....on the next Dallas offensive drive they went 9 plays 37 yards 2:52 TOP (5 passes 3 runs 1 sack....Dak was 3 of 5 for 21 yards and a sack...Zeke was 3 carries for 24 yards with 1 catch for 12 yards)

So the defense actually helf the Rams the first 2 long offensive drives to 6 points but it was the offense, especially Dak going 5 of 10 for 39 yards and a sack, that most hurt Dallas in that 1st half by failing to allow the defense to stay off the field and rest....but that was 2018 and means nothing in 2021.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
How many yards did Zeke have in the games he missed? Of which Dallas has won the last 5 straight..

You mean the 1 game in 2020, 1 game in 2018, and 6 games in 2017 (suspension). If you have to go back to 2017 that's saying something. That said, why did you reference only the last 5 games missed by Zeke? Seems odd that you left out the 3 other games that Zeke missed in 2017 all of which were a Dallas loss so Dallas is 5-3 in the 8 games Zeke has missed.....and of the 3 games in 2017 you referenced Dallas winning without Zeke did you mention that Dak was a combined 49 of 79 for a Comp % of 62% with 644 yards 5 TD's and 2 INT's.....and in those 3 games the running backs (Morris and Smith) accounted for 86 carries 337 yards and 4 TD's.....so while not Zeke the running game carried Dallas to those 3 victories.

phildadon86

Reaction score
You mean the 1 game in 2020, 1 game in 2018, and 6 games in 2017 (suspension). If you have to go back to 2017 that's saying something. That said, why did you reference only the last 5 games missed by Zeke? Seems odd that you left out the 3 other games that Zeke missed in 2017 all of which were a Dallas loss so Dallas is 5-3 in the 8 games Zeke has missed.....and of the 3 games in 2017 you referenced Dallas winning without Zeke did you mention that Dak was a combined 49 of 79 for a Comp % of 62% with 644 yards 5 TD's and 2 INT's.....and in those 3 games the running backs (Morris and Smith) accounted for 86 carries 337 yards and 4 TD's.....so while not Zeke the running game carried Dallas to those 3 victories.
Dak had nothing to do with it. Got it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Come on, he didn't say that. He's just posting numbers to back up his claims.

Why don't you try and do the same to counter him?
If you scroll up. I simply said the defense in the Rams game was the problem after countering the fact that Zeke did nothing in that game either. He then proceeded to some how make it about Dak. Thats all I am saying.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Not just tackled. He was thrown to the ground by a tiny little DB with almost no resistance what so ever. Rookie Zeke scores on that play all day long.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Career pass attempts by half for Dak:

1st half: 1,205
2nd half: 1,131

So he has thrown more earlier in the game and has 1,231 pass attempts when leading or tied in a game whereas he has 1,117 pass attempts when trailing......so sort of debunks your statement.

Not really. Besides the fact the attempts by half are really close to 50/50, Dak has a winning career record so he would likely have more snaps when he leading or tied vs trailing. Which would give more opportunities for pass attempts. The alternative would be that the Cowboys start running the ball to play catch up which makes no sense at all.

During the Garrett years a lot of people would look at the run pass percentage in losses and say the Cowboys lost because they didn't run enough. But looking at the actual snaps, the Cowboys were generally 50/50 pass and run to their own detriment. Then once they are far enough behind Dak throws another 15 passes or so trying to drive to win the game. That being said I don't think 50/50 should be the goal anyway. It should be around 70% passing imo, but that should be 70% within the flow of the game, not just the final number.

Last edited:

RonnieT24

Reaction score

So let me get this straight.. Dallas had more passing yards in fact almost double and more TDs in those last three games but the running game "carried Dallas to those 3 victories?" Besides I thought stats didn't matter.. just wins.. You moving the goal post again? The fact remains that the Cowboys have essentially the same winning percentage WITH Zeke as without him. Obviously the sample size is small but its an undeniable fact nonetheless. I had to go back to 2017 because that was the last time they lost..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.. Dallas had more passing yards in fact almost double and more TDs in those last three games but the running game "carried Dallas to those 3 victories?" Besides I thought stats didn't matter.. just wins.. You moving the goal post again? The fact remains that the Cowboys have essentially the same winning percentage WITH Zeke as without him. Obviously the sample size is small but its an undeniable fact nonetheless. I had to go back to 2017 because that was the last time they lost..
The schoolmaster at work.