Zeke Questions Critics Football IQ in Regards to Week 1 Performace

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Come on, he didn't say that. He's just posting numbers to back up his claims.

Why don't you try and do the same to counter him? Prove him wrong with numbers and facts.

His own numbers and facts prove him wrong. He argued that the phase of the offense that almost doubled the output of the other was carried by the less productive one? It's an indefensible position.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.. Dallas had more passing yards in fact almost double and more TDs in those last three games but the running game "carried Dallas to those 3 victories?" Besides I thought stats didn't matter.. just wins.. You moving the goal post again? The fact remains that the Cowboys have essentially the same winning percentage WITH Zeke as without him. Obviously the sample size is small but its an undeniable fact nonetheless. I had to go back to 2017 because that was the last time they lost..

I'm moving the goalpost yet you are the one stating Dallas won the last 5 games Zeke was out conveniently omitting the other 3 games which were losses.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
His own numbers and facts prove him wrong. He argued that the phase of the offense that almost doubled the output of the other was carried by the less productive one? It's an indefensible position.

Passing will always surpass rushing in the NFL but the point is in the 3 games you point to Dallas winning without Zeke (2017) the rushing game was a massive impact but you say what you will.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'm moving the goalpost yet you are the one stating Dallas won the last 5 games Zeke was out conveniently omitting the other 3 games which were losses.

Well have the Cowboys won the last 5 without Zeke or not? A 5 game win streak speaks for itself.. It took them 3 games to figure out how to play without Zeke.. Since that three game stretch it seems as though they got it figured out. If you want to prioritize older data over more recent data that's just stupid. You say the running game "had a massive impact" yet in They did run for 180+ yards in the Commanders game but the defense forced 4 turnovers resulting in short fields and STs had a return TD. The Cowboys were up 17-0 at the half after the punt return TD and 2 short drives.. The Cowboys then spent the second half of that game handing off because the defense was crushing the Commanders offense and the running game was working. If you wanna credit the running game for that one then fine. However in the Giants game Dak passed for 332 yards and 3 TDs while the running game "carried him with 122 yards and less than 4 ypc." Then in the Raider game Smith and Morris averaged less than 4 ypc and Dak was the second leading rusher. Take away Dak's 32 yards and the punter's 24 then they finish with 70 yards on 24 carries in that game.. That aint carryin nobody..

khiladi

Reaction score
Zeke doesn’t call the plays. The RG forces the looks that the QB is supposed to take advantage of.

three of the games we won during his 6 game suspension, were literally the bottom dwellers of the league, in the Commanders, Giants and Raiders and Dak struggled. The three winning teams we played, Dak didn’t even put up double digit scoring.

Zeke has only sat on meaningless games at the end of the season, such as the Eagles game in year 1 of his career and we looked like trash, except when Romo came in for a TD scoring drive.

ondaedg

Reaction score
I get. Zeke is a great blocker and we're lucky to have a RB that can block as well as him, but he's being paid to a good runner of the football. If we wanted another blocker than we could have used his money for offensive line help.

It just seems like we have the most sensitive group of guys in the NFL. It seems they're babied so much within the organization that any bit of outside criticism just hurts them to the core.

Lots of NFL players speak out about what they perceive as unfair criticism on a daily basis. Ever heard Aaron Rodgers or Leveon Bell? It’s not just our guys.

basel90

Reaction score
Belichick would have never paid Zeke all that money when a RB is not worth it.
Exactly. No one would discuss zeke’ s weight or lack of productivity yardage wise if he was not getting paid 20 mil a year , which is crazy .

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Exactly. No one would discuss zeke’ s weight or lack of productivity yardage wise if he was not getting paid 20 mil a year , which is crazy .

One he is not making 20 mil a year and two people have been complaining about him one form or another since the day he was drafted.

basel90

Reaction score
One he is not making 20 mil a year and two people have been complaining about him one form or another since the day he was drafted.
No matter the exact number His deal is costly , His $12.4 million base salary for next season was already guaranteed. His cap number will jump to $18.2 million in 2022 and $16.7 million in 2023. Can you imagine any team paying such a RB anything close to this ? We are stuck with this !!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No matter the exact number His deal is costly , His $12.4 million base salary for next season was already guaranteed. His cap number will jump to $18.2 million in 2022 and $16.7 million in 2023. Can you imagine any team paying such a RB anything close to this ? We are stuck with this !!!

I don't care what other teams do and I don't care how much Zeke is getting paid.. I pay to watch him tote the rock.. they couldn't pay me to watch him pick up his paycheck so that is of no concern to me. Jerry and Sons have shown that they can maneuver under the cap and keep most of the good players they want to keep. I worry about how the Cowboys are getting Zeke involved in the offense.. Don't care about how they manage his salary. Not even a little bit.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
While only 1 game into the 2021 season, this goes more toward the offensive approach since 2016 and the win-loss outcome.

When you look at Zeke's rushing attempts vs. Dak's passing attempts, you will see a pattern emerge:

2016: Dallas was 13-3 (Zeke had 322 rushes vs. Dak's 459 attempts)

2017: Dallas went 9-7 (Zeke had 242 rushes vs. Dak's 490 attempts) (Zeke suspended 6 games that year)

2018: Dallas went 10-6 (Zeke had 304 rushes vs. Dak's 526 attempts)

2019: Dallas went 8-8 (Zeke had 301 rushes vs. Dak's 596 attempts)

2020: Dallas went 6-10 (Zeke had 244 rushes vs. Dak's 222 attempts) (Dak missed 11 games due to injury)

2021: Dallas is 0-1 (Zeke had 11 rushes vs. Dak's 58 attempts)

The point is when the offense was focused on Zeke running the ball Dallas had more team success whereas when the offense focused on the passing game, the team success wasn't there. While some will point to the defense as the issue, the defense played well enough from 2016-2019 with 2020 being the outlier.
Dak got better and got more experience. We built a much batter receiving unit. The OL is getting a bit older and isn’t as dominant. The game and the team continues to evolve. It’s a passing league. Tell me the names of the great game changing running backs on last year’s two Super Bowl teams. I’ll wait.

By the way, I still think running the ball is very important. I think we need more balance. But, game plans change based on the opponent AND who you have available to play from week to week.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Its really not hard to see...If we had 2016 O-line (Fred Beard and company) we wouold've gone at VV and Suh and been ok.....the line we had ...was not going to be ok. Again I have said it over and over...you can not keep comparing this current line to that line...that line was without doubt the best line in the league and without doubt the strength of our team....If we still had that I would bet my last dollar we would run the ball and Dak would be throwing headshot PA bombs all day and be happy we were winning...our strength now is at the wideout, how in the world do people not see this. This current line will not be grinding games to anything other than a blow out against top Dlines...period. I want to see KM figure out how to get the RB's and the WR's more involved in run/los passes so we can move LB's out of the middle in the redzone...this is somehting that we can do.