Zeke reminds me of another RB

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Skill sets are very similar. Pass catching ability. Pass pro/blitz pick up. Cut back and vision. Gliding running style. Ability to also make the "dirty runs".
I agree with all this he just doesn't look like LT while doing it......guess that's more of a knock on comparisons then your point

vaturkey

Reaction score
Small sample size, but he thus far is the best back in the NFL because he's a complete back. Nothing he doesn't do well. I do think we need to spell him a bit more then we are. Long season and we have been through less then a 3rd of it currently. Problem is he adds a couple things Morris doesn't possess. Those are he's bigger and faster and a better pass catcher. Not to slight Morris, its just that Zeke is already a better back.

superonyx

Reaction score
He reminds me most of Marshawn Lynch's first 2 years in the league. Lynch grew out of his speed after a few years and became much slower. But if you look at his first few years he had more speed and moves than old man Lynch had.

I'd post a video but they all have foul mouthed rap that isn't CZ appropriate.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reminds me of someone who can win one of these:

vince-lombardi.jpeg

Galian Beast

Reaction score
He reminds me of Murray with speed and better moves

I'm a big fan of Murray. But let me give you my honest assessment on the difference between the two of them.

In favor of Murray: He was a much more aggressive runner and more physical. Probably better in tgoalline than Elliott at this point. Murray actually seems more comfortable in space than Elliott. Probably a better receiving option at this point. He seems less injury prone than Murray.

In favor of Elliott: Elliott has much better vision. He has better speed and quick cut than Murray. While Murray is more likely to get you 3 or 4 yards when there is nothing there, Elliott is more likely to get you 10 yards when there is nothing there, though I think he is more prone to being stopped at the line of scrimmage. Bigger home run threat than Murray.

Where I think Murray was a top 5-10 running back that was propelled by this offensive line into a top 3 running back, I think Elliott is a top 3-5 running back that is being propelled by this offensive line into the best running back in the league.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hadn't seen the Martin comparisons but glad to know others feel that way. I think he's faster than Martin but about the same as Thomas. Might be slippery than Thomas with, believe it or not, less power.

Bob Lilly said Thomas reminded him of Jim Brown and he was quite serious. That's quite a compliment.

Yep. Bob always said Thomas ran off tackle as good as anyone he'd ever seen.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
I posted something in another thread but think it'll get buried there.

The closest Dallas back and someone who he sorta reminds me of is Duane Thomas.

Curtis Martin is another RB he reminds me of but still not quite it. Maybe that's as close as it'll get.

But I thought others might come up with better comparisons.

To me he is the combo of Herschel Walker ( size ) Tony Dorsett ( speed aspect ) agility , hands, blocking, ( Emmitt).... get tough yards ( Murray) in his prime. The dream back...

mahoneybill

Reaction score
He really doesnt remind me of anyone.

He is big but not huge, fast but not blazing, tough as nails, has a wr's attitude and plays all game with a smile.

I really can't think of anyone like that.

Thats an Ezekiel Elliott... The first of his kind for others to compare to. Well stated

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
He reminds me a bit of Emmitt and Roger Craig, but with more speed.

YR

superonyx

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Murray. But let me give you my honest assessment on the difference between the two of them.

In favor of Murray: He was a much more aggressive runner and more physical. Probably better in tgoalline than Elliott at this point. Murray actually seems more comfortable in space than Elliott. Probably a better receiving option at this point. He seems less injury prone than Murray.

In favor of Elliott: Elliott has much better vision. He has better speed and quick cut than Murray. While Murray is more likely to get you 3 or 4 yards when there is nothing there, Elliott is more likely to get you 10 yards when there is nothing there, though I think he is more prone to being stopped at the line of scrimmage. Bigger home run threat than Murray.

Where I think Murray was a top 5-10 running back that was propelled by this offensive line into a top 3 running back, I think Elliott is a top 3-5 running back that is being propelled by this offensive line into the best running back in the league.
If Zeke is a top 3-5 RB then who do you have as the top 1-3?

Nirvana

Reaction score
Has a little bit of Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson and Emmitt Smith in him.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Has a little bit of Barry Sanders, Bo Jackson and Emmitt Smith in him.
I see Emmitt Smith traits that seem to dominate his style, and I love the way Zeke seems gain those dirty yards when nothing is showing with the blocking. Someone mentioned Emmitt 2.0 I might go as far as calling him 2.5 especially with his blocking.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I am also glad our runners arent turning their heads to look back, that was annoying. Now they just run until they are tackled.