Zeke reminds me of another RB

QT

Reaction score
He reminds me of a #4 overall pick that lots of people disliked at the time and wanted to go defense... But he's doing what people projected. Keeping plays alive so the defense is getting more rest and it shows. I think Barry Church said this in the post game interview last night.

But I think Troy or some fox commentator said, Zeke reminds them of Emmitt with Tony Dorsett speed...

visionary

Reaction score
If you asked me if I would rather have a healthy Adrian Peterson this year or Zeke Elliott this year, my answer would be Peterson.

If McCoy was in this offense, I think he would have a lot of success as well. He is more dynamic than Elliott..

Lamar Miller and DeMarco Murray are in the conversation as well. David Johnson and Devonta Freeman bring up the rear of the conversation. A healthy Jamaal Charles has to be up there too.

McCoy is not a physical runner so with him you know you will have to run on the edges or in space

With Elliot there is no such limitation and that is why he is so hard to defend, run inside with aggression, run on the edges with speed and pass catching

He is better than McCoy
There is no back in the NFL I would trade him for

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Where I think Murray was a top 5-10 running back that was propelled by this offensive line into a top 3 running back, I think Elliott is a top 3-5 running back that is being propelled by this offensive line into the best running back in the league.
A line doesn't make a rb better or worse. It simply makes a rb more or less productive.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
This is why we should just feed Elliott. Elliott is a smart runner. In the first, he's figuring out and setting the line up. By the time the third quarter gets here, he's fooled you into thinking he's going to do this, and bam, he's gone. I'm just lost at what we have right now. I'm 46, it's been 20 years since we've last won a Super bowl, and oh my, I'm just so happy I can hardly breathe today.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
McCoy is not a physical runner so with him you know you will have to run on the edges or in space

With Elliot there is no such limitation and that is why he is so hard to defend, run inside with aggression, run on the edges with speed and pass catching

He is better than McCoy
There is no back in the NFL I would trade him for

Note that I didn't say that I would trade him for anyone, but the question was is he the best running back in the league today? Not sure that he is. I think he can be, especially behind this offensive line, which is why I championed this from well before the draft. There is no one more delighted by having Elliott in Dallas than I.

Plankton

Reaction score
Though he doesn't have quite the elite speed, and is a bit bigger physically, Elliott reminds me of Marshall Faulk a lot. Faulk was one of the most intelligent, well rounded runners to play in the last 30 years. The one place where the Cowboys haven't fully taken advantage of his skills is as a receiver.

T-RO

Reaction score
Eddie George is a good comp from a style standpoint.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Shades of Earl Campbel (with more athletic ability)....Wouldn't shock me to see the Cowboys ride Elliott into the ground...Just like the Oilers did Earl:(

So be it.

Emmitt wouldn't have been Emmitt if they had worried about over working him.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I will throw a name out there from the distant past - Wilbert Montgomery. Just watched a video of him. I think their styles are a bit alike and Wilbert was one of the fastest to hit the hole just like Zeke does.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I posted something in another thread but think it'll get buried there.

The closest Dallas back and someone who he sorta reminds me of is Duane Thomas.

Curtis Martin is another RB he reminds me of but still not quite it. Maybe that's as close as it'll get.

But I thought others might come up with better comparisons.
What KiJana Carter should have been.

I think Edge is good comparison for me. Blend of size power, speed and shiftyness. He can run big or run small with equal effectivness

Reaction score
He reminds me of Billy Sims. Explosive, aggressive, and loves to jump. Has Sims by a good 15 lbs though, he’s a pretty amazing athlete.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Though he doesn't have quite the elite speed, and is a bit bigger physically, Elliott reminds me of Marshall Faulk a lot. Faulk was one of the most intelligent, well rounded runners to play in the last 30 years. The one place where the Cowboys haven't fully taken advantage of his skills is as a receiver.

I thought of Marshall for a bit but I think Faulk is a shiftier more multicut type of back. He's Sean McCoy+. Elliott appears to me to be more a Jim Brown, Duane Thomas, Leroy Kelly type of back. Faulk is more like Moore or Little.

I also think Elliott looks a great deal like Joe Perry which is no bad thing.