Zeke reminds me of another RB

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I posted something in another thread but think it'll get buried there.

The closest Dallas back and someone who he sorta reminds me of is Duane Thomas.

Curtis Martin is another RB he reminds me of but still not quite it. Maybe that's as close as it'll get.

But I thought others might come up with better comparisons.

Who was the Jacksonville back for so long? Had a long career.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Curtis Martin is another RB he reminds me of but still not quite it. Maybe that's as close as it'll get.

Fred Taylor..........

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yes, he does remind me of a particular running back.
That running back?
Zeke Elliott. :grin:

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Packers defenders were saying Zeke was hard to handle and tackle.
You guys are gonna think I'm nuts, but......
I've been around football my entire life I've seen them come and go.

I've seen all kinds of body types. Some work in favor of the athlete, some don't

This dude has the smallest shoulders I've ever seen. Not muscular, but skeletal. He's narrow from the neck down.

I mean, they make his head look huge they're so small.

He has less area to hit/grab. He can get 'skinny' hitting gaps without really having to turn and lose that power moving forward.

Call me crazy but that's my two cents..............

visionary

Reaction score

The truly impressive thing about Zeke is that (like Dak) he is not overwhelmed by the stage and is a complete back. He also is very decisive in his runs and is not at all afraid to run up the middle. Even though I am a big proponent of the run game, I was not happy taking a RB this high but he is making a liar out of me. He could be that good. I just want them to consider resting him when the game had been decided.

For comparison I think you have to think of Emmitt and AP

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Shades of Earl Campbel (with more athletic ability)....Wouldn't shock me to see the Cowboys ride Elliott into the ground...Just like the Oilers did Earl:(

Verdict

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Murray. But let me give you my honest assessment on the difference between the two of them.

In favor of Murray: He was a much more aggressive runner and more physical. Probably better in tgoalline than Elliott at this point. Murray actually seems more comfortable in space than Elliott. Probably a better receiving option at this point. He seems less injury prone than Murray.

In favor of Elliott: Elliott has much better vision. He has better speed and quick cut than Murray. While Murray is more likely to get you 3 or 4 yards when there is nothing there, Elliott is more likely to get you 10 yards when there is nothing there, though I think he is more prone to being stopped at the line of scrimmage. Bigger home run threat than Murray.

Where I think Murray was a top 5-10 running back that was propelled by this offensive line into a top 3 running back, I think Elliott is a top 3-5 running back that is being propelled by this offensive line into the best running back in the league.

Who do you think is currently better than Zeke?

Hardline

Reaction score
Zeke seems to me a one of a kind running back. I think he is a unique player that doesn't fit any particular style of RB 5hat playing now or before him.

erod

Reaction score
Emmitt Smith for me but with more speed.

And who else reminds kids to brush their teeth after a big run?

Now that's funny. LOL

Zeke is more of a bruiser than Emmitt. I first compared him to Ladanian Tomlinson out of college, but he's a tougher runner than him, too.

To me, he's more like a young Bo Jackson or Earl Campbell. Hits you in the mouth, then outruns you to the end zone.

erod

Reaction score
Top 3-5 meaning that he is anywhere between 1 and 5.

He's the best running back in the NFL right now.

Speed, power, quickness, incredible pass protection, tremendous receiver, and aside for one fluky game, the guy doesn't fumble.

He's dang near perfect already.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
He's the best running back in the NFL right now.

Speed, power, quickness, incredible pass protection, tremendous receiver, and aside for one fluky game, the guy doesn't fumble.

He's dang near perfect already.

If you asked me if I would rather have a healthy Adrian Peterson this year or Zeke Elliott this year, my answer would be Peterson.

If McCoy was in this offense, I think he would have a lot of success as well. He is more dynamic than Elliott..

Lamar Miller and DeMarco Murray are in the conversation as well. David Johnson and Devonta Freeman bring up the rear of the conversation. A healthy Jamaal Charles has to be up there too.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Zeke reminds me of a bull in a china shop. He is big, fast and runs angry. And can do it all day.