Zeke should be cut

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
not saying that just saying he had a fumble, it happens!
You just commented in another post that he’s terrible. I really don’t know why some of you think he’s worse than the other backs we have. He out produced all of our backs last season, except for Pollard despite playing on a bad team with no QB.

kumizi

Reaction score
Rico is the only NFL level RB on the roster.

Zeke and Freeman are the same guy. Zele probably gets that tiebreaker so Jerry can sell jerseys.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Will it translate in year 2?

If he gets the opportunity, I think it will. But that’s my opinion based off the college and preseason tape.

He didn’t do much in the NFL last year… except the couple of times he actually had some blocking in front of him.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
The Rico, Freeman, and Deuce trio is fine by me.

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
Haven't seen any Zeke this year except just a couple practice reps. I agree, based on what I saw last year and the year before. Other than pass pro, I like your top three, and add Luepke as the 4.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
That’s fair, but I’d argue the OL and overall running scheme was flawed.
Really, everybody else has to run behind the same O-Line and they've done okay, nothing major but a lot better than what Deuce has shown us.

coult44

Reaction score
He's best buds with #4, that goes a long way, and he's a fan favorite for what he's done PREVIOUSLY here! There's nothing else that I can think of to keep him here at all!
Until we see him in real games, you can’t make the decision to cut him.

morat1959

Reaction score
Have you seen our passes to the flats for him, he usually gets bail out passes from Dak in which Dak should have just thrown the ball away! Zeke gets like 1 yard if that, it's a useless pass play. You're right he may surprise us with 39 TD's and 142 yards for the season!
His last year here he never broke a tackle in the open field. He’s done!

morat1959

Reaction score
Don't under rate Zeke's veteran leadership in the clubhouse behind closed doors and or the sidelines. He is a very good back to get us the tough yards when called upon too. We will see his value when the season begins I am confident. For his detractors and naysayers well you gonna nay say so no changing your minds about him.
You either if he doesn’t help this season.

Cowboysfandarin

Reaction score
He's best buds with #4, that goes a long way, and he's a fan favorite for what he's done PREVIOUSLY here! There's nothing else that I can think of to keep him here at all!
What he did maybe the first two seasons because after that, he was pretty much a dud. He let himself go man. He got dough and soft and slow. I honestly scratch my head while he’s on the roster and I’m sorry, man I like Zeke, but he’s just slow now. There’s nothing else to say about him.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas just playing this 1 year out and seeing how it goes…

morat1959

Reaction score
Can’t wait to see him raise his hand to come out after 2-2 yard runs. I’m sure Emmitt laughs at him.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Team really struggled in short yardage situations last yr, you would think this is where Zeke's role will be.
Freeman to me is the better short yardage option, but Zeke is Jerry’s guy so we shall see

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I don't know what he has left, but it's absolutely pathetic for this team to protect him in preseason like he's still a lock #1 back.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’d prefer young players at specific positions, especially RB. Zeke is useless. He was horrible in short yardage the last year he was here and everyone was kicking him out the door, but now he’s going to be some amazing 3rd down/short yardage back? All he does is SLOW THE OFFENSE DOWN.
We shall wait and play the long game with Zeke. We see if he can get that ball over the goal line when called upon. I don't care if he gets a hundred yards all year long. But if he can score some tds when we get down their then it's a win. We are not even sure of his role yet. It could be 3rd string and he sits. A young back is faster, more agile but what is in between his ears?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You either if he doesn’t help this season.
I will pass judgement after his season ends. Hurt, cut or he verily makes it through the season showing his wear and tear and not the back I thought he was. He is a goal line and a 3rd down short yardage back at this point at best. People have been mad at Zeke from the hold out in Cabo and fleecing of one Jerry Wayne Jones. We will just have to agree to disagree on Zeke. Go Cowboys!!!!!

Mark

Reaction score
No decisions can be made on tagged "starters" (of which Mr. Elliott is presumably one) at this juncture. While they do not participate in preseason games, it is anticipated the team's treasured class will - superhero-like - spring into action in Week 1, on the way to carrying the Cowboys to a Super Bowl.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
The Rico, Freeman, and Deuce trio is fine by me.

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
Never should have been brought back really. Just the lazy FO at it again.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Rico is the only NFL level RB on the roster.

Zeke and Freeman are the same guy. Zele probably gets that tiebreaker so Jerry can sell jerseys.
Yep, it would be interesting to see the number of Zeke 15 jersey's are sold.