Zeke should be cut

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bookmarked.

But then...what do you care, right?
There he is. Laying down the self-righteousness.

IMG-0541.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A vet presence. So did the veteran presence of Dakota, Lawrence, and Martin help us perform better in big time spots? My point is, I don’t see a difference between a guy like Freeman and Zeke, except Freeman still has some juice left and more burst. Zeke is washed.
Bookmarked.

But what do you care...right? You will just claimed some stupid crap like "gee glad i was wrong".

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The Rico, Freeman, and Deuce trio is fine by me.

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
He should be cut, but that trio is not fine

They need to find a real HB

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Imo, Deuce does not have NFL speed when it comes to going against 1's
Lol.. let's see these same RB's run against 1st team defenses.

He was running against many of the Raiders starters yesterday just fine.

He ran all over teams with NFL talent in college.

133 rushing yards against #5 Alabama. 130 rushing yards against #3 TCU. 158 rushing yards against #9 OKST. 133 rushing yards against #6 OU. 128 rushing yards against #11 Baylor.

FaSho

Reaction score
Conner looked good and ran really hard too. Hard to imagine any of them is worse than Zeke...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I haven’t heard any negative reviews on Zeke during camp. I’ve heard he’s looked good. Not sure why anyone would want to cut him with the current RB group we have. We ran the ball well in one preseason game and now all of a sudden Zeke is expendable. :rolleyes: As for Deuce he ran the ball well yesterday just like he did last year in preseason but he could barely gain a yard during the regular season. Some of you take away way too much from a preseason game.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
So 30 years ago versus 3 years ago.

What in the entire hllllllll;\
It’s ridiculous, isn’t it? You’re giving a player the benefit of the doubt (who has SIGNIFICANTLY regressed over the past three years) to just sit out the preseason. RBs are a dime a dozen and have a short shelf life. The majority of Cowboys fans, including myself, were kicking Zeke out the door in 2022. Remember when Pollard got hurt and Zeke was a non-factor vs SF? He was pretty much like that all season.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Would you prefer an all rookie team? Vet presence throughout the team matters so did the 3 you mentioned. Zeke matters and if he is washed like you said then Royce will have a bigger role on the field. Team game not one player or 4 can propel a team to greatness. It takes them all to want it and be willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the team. No I in team. Zeke will just be a role player and play his role he indeed will. Simply to understand?
I’d prefer young players at specific positions, especially RB. Zeke is useless. He was horrible in short yardage the last year he was here and everyone was kicking him out the door, but now he’s going to be some amazing 3rd down/short yardage back? All he does is SLOW THE OFFENSE DOWN.

TheSport78

Reaction score
Bookmarked.

But what do you care...right? You will just claimed some stupid crap like "gee glad i was wrong".
Book it! He was washed in 2022 and he’s washed in 2024. You’ll see when he has 450 yards and 5 TDs the entire season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Book it! He was washed in 2022 and he’s washed in 2024. You’ll see when he has 450 yards and 5 TDs the entire season.
If Zeke has 450 rushing yards and 5 TDs, he’ll have a better season than Rico Dowdle, Royce Freeman and Deuce had last season. Lol Dowdle only had 361 yards and 2 TDs. Freeman only had 319 yards and 2 TDs with the Rams and Deuce only had 40 rushing yards last season. To go along with Zeke’s 642 rushing yards. he had over 300 receiving yards with 51 catches. He had just under 1000 total yards last season. He had more TDs than all three of our backs combined, that you claimed your fine with. :rolleyes:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Rico, Freeman, and Deuce trio is fine by me.

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
Zeke is here to block b/c we have no clue what's going to happen at LT. He's also still good at getting those tough short yards. As for the other guys, that's the worst backfield in the NFL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke is here to block b/c we have no clue what's going to happen at LT. He's also still good at getting those tough short yards. As for the other guys, that's the worst backfield in the NFL.
That’s just another reason why he’ll provide some real value this season. He can still block with the best of them. He put up almost 1000 total yards on a bad team that has no QB. He’s not going to be asked to put up a lot of yards with the rotation we’ll have, but he’ll provide some real value in short yardage, goal line and blocking. Plus he can still catch the ball out of the backfield as he showed last year with 51 receptions for just over 300 yards.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I haven’t heard any negative reviews on Zeke during camp. I’ve heard he’s looked good. Not sure why anyone would want to cut him with the current RB group we have. We ran the ball well in one preseason game and now all of a sudden Zeke is expendable. :rolleyes: As for Deuce he ran the ball well yesterday just like he did last year in preseason but he could barely gain a yard during the regular season. Some of you take away way too much from a preseason game.
did you hear about the fumble he had

Havic

Reaction score
He was running against many of the Raiders starters yesterday just fine.

He ran all over teams with NFL talent in college.

133 rushing yards against #5 Alabama. 130 rushing yards against #3 TCU. 158 rushing yards against #9 OKST. 133 rushing yards against #6 OU. 128 rushing yards against #11 Baylor.
Will it translate in year 2?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Conner looked good and ran really hard too. Hard to imagine any of them is worse than Zeke...
He had 5 carries for 15 yards, averaging 3.0 and you’re saying he looked good? :rolleyes: He had 3 carries for 10 yards against the Rams. Don’t see what impresses you about him. Zeke will end up doing a lot better than many of you think he will if he stays healthy.