Zeke should be cut

Chuck 54

Reaction score
The Rico, Freeman, and Deuce trio is fine by me.

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
There’s a reason he hasn’t played in preseason, and it’s not because they are cutting him. Maybe he has looked good enough in camp that he’s already a definite part of the committee and they are just figuring out the other guys’ roles.

Kingofholland

Reaction score

Zeke is too slow now and hasn’t been a great receiving back in the pros. What has he done to not have to prove himself in the preseason?
I think Freeman and Zeke bring similiar skill sets, I rather not keep both. However, the fact Zeke hasn't played in the preseason and is well liked in the organization suggests he's pretty much a lock to make the team.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
With Zeke 2 years ago, Dallas had a top 5 red zone scoring offense and Zeke led the league in short yardage TD’s I believe. Then last year, it went down hill. Stop the hate for “slow” Zeke when Royce is slower. Calm down…this board and a lot of these fans are just doing way too much too often. All they need to do is get good blocking up front and our backs will be fine.
I just don't understand all the hate, especially if Zeke is in a small, defined role.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Don't under rate Zeke's veteran leadership in the clubhouse behind closed doors and or the sidelines. He is a very good back to get us the tough yards when called upon too. We will see his value when the season begins I am confident. For his detractors and naysayers well you gonna nay say so no changing your minds about him.
True. If there’s one thing zeke has been over the years. It’s a leader.

shabazz

Reaction score
I thought Jerty thought of these older or over the hill players as " progress stoppers"?

Cant keep up with that guy

plasticman

Reaction score
Why would we want those three guys to get beat up early in each game by fresh first team starters in the regular season? They would all end up on IR after the first 4-5 games.

Would any of them be a better choice against a top team on 3rd and 1? These RB's are more specialized and none of them are the physical choice to run inside against the monster DT's that most good teams have.

Zeke hasn't done anything special because he doesn't have anything special to prove in the preseason. He's not close to being the dominating back he once was. Considering the wear and tear of 8 seasons, 120 games and over 2000 carries, the wise move is to save him for the appropriate plays in the games that matter.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Exactly, and why there is no reason to pound Luepke and Zeke in those situations during pre season, they already know what they are here for.
As long as Zeke has a distinct role, but the main back, he will be an asset to the offense. Always has been excellent in short yardage and always seems to fall forward.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I thought Jerty thought of these older or over the hill players as " progress stoppers"?

Cant keep up with that guy
Only older players who want to get paid are progress stoppers.

Older players who want to play for cheap are not progress stoppers.

Based on Jerry’s actions.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Zeke is 3rd all time rusher in Dallas history.

4 TDs behind Dorsett.

Respect.
With that logic, let's bring back Emmitt and not have him play next preseason because of his incredible accomplishments.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you start your thread with "zeke can't catch"....

then you are a full on RERE....and I'm not gonna take you seriously...sorry...but dude come on.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What has anyone seen from Vaughn to warrant a spot? At least Zeke runs hard, can pass protect and knows how to score.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Zeke lead the patriots in rushing yards and receptions. And you are a very ......um...mislead.

What do you want?

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
He's washed and never should've never been brought back but Jerry just couldn't stand the thought of having to pay Zeke for playing on another team and wanted to get his money's worth.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Strange topic.
Dallas showed their 2s were better than the Raiders 1s last night. Lance showed improvement and actually gave a glimpse of a dimension he provides in running.
The kicker nails a 66 yard fg. Much improvement was displayed from game 1 to game 2.
But... someone wakes up today and decided to start a "Zeke should be cut" thread. Odd...smh

Last edited by a moderator:

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
A vet presence. So did the veteran presence of Dakota, Lawrence, and Martin help us perform better in big time spots? My point is, I don’t see a difference between a guy like Freeman and Zeke, except Freeman still has some juice left and more burst. Zeke is washed.
Would you prefer an all rookie team? Vet presence throughout the team matters so did the 3 you mentioned. Zeke matters and if he is washed like you said then Royce will have a bigger role on the field. Team game not one player or 4 can propel a team to greatness. It takes them all to want it and be willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the team. No I in team. Zeke will just be a role player and play his role he indeed will. Simply to understand?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Zeke’s not going anywhere. The team loves him and he’s still can get you a crucial 4th down or short yardage TD runs.