Zeke should be put on the trade block

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying, I don't dislike Zeke. I don't think he's AS good or valuable as this forum makes him out to be. I think he's a flashy player, will give you some good highlights here and there, but he's just an RB in a league built for passing.

The days where the pure runners put teams on their shoulder and lead them to a championship is over. Last year the argument was that Dak didn't have Zeke and that's why he played poorly, well Dak has had Zeke in every game this season and we are seeing the same results.

He is still really young and may end up as the leading rusher at the end of the season - he will still have a lot of value on the trade market, and some team that thinks they are one player away from winning a championship may give up far more than what any RB is worth to snag him.

The #1 priority right now is to find a franchise guy at QB. This offseason, we need to accumulate picks so, if need be, we can either try to move up for our franchise guy or address the multiple other holes we have and start building a true championship team rather than building around a skill position that hasn't won a Super Bowl for their team since the early 2000s.

Sydla

Reaction score
The reality is we are likely looking at a rebuild here on the offense in terms of skill positions and the QB.

It would make sense to move Zeke, especially for a high round pick and essentially start over at QB/RB/WR.

This is an interesting draft for RBs as well with some good names in there and possibly some developing mid-round RBs coming from nowhere, such as ND's Dexter Williams.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying, I don't dislike Zeke. I don't think he's AS good or valuable as this forum makes him out to be. I think he's a flashy player, will give you some good highlights here and there, but he's just an RB in a league built for passing.

The days where the pure runners put teams on their shoulder and lead them to a championship is over. Last year the argument was that Dak didn't have Zeke and that's why he played poorly, well Dak has had Zeke in every game this season and we are seeing the same results.

He is still really young and may end up as the leading rusher at the end of the season - he will still have a lot of value on the trade market, and some team that thinks they are one player away from winning a championship may give up far more than what any RB is worth to snag him.

The #1 priority right now is to find a franchise guy at QB. This offseason, we need to accumulate picks so, if need be, we can either try to move up for our franchise guy or address the multiple other holes we have and start building a true championship team rather than building around a skill position that hasn't won a Super Bowl for their team since the early 2000s.
Yeah let's trade the best player on the team. Yeah that's the ticket :facepalm:

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah let's trade the best player on the team. Yeah that's the ticket :facepalm:

If you can get real value for him and you are staring at a situation where you might be starting over at QB and possibly the coach?

Absolutely it would be wise to trade him. We are seeing now that Zeke alone can't win games for us. What does holding onto Elliott for the next 2-3 years do for you if you are breaking in a new QB?

People get too emotionally attached to players, coaches, etc.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
"LOL let's not trade the best player on our team that is doing very little to win us games and a history that shows the position doesn't lead to championships!"

You're never right about anything, dude.
Drama zone.

KingRah

Reaction score

This is the dumbest post in the history of posts. Zeke is the best player on the team. He's the best player since T O.

Sydla

Reaction score
This is the dumbest post in the history of posts. Zeke is the best player on the team. He's the best player since T O.

Well technically I think Zach Martin is probably the best player on the team, at least the offense. But I digress.

Where is this franchise currently heading right now with Zeke as the TB?

catiii

Reaction score
Well technically I think Zach Martin is probably the best player on the team, at least the offense. But I digress.

Where is this franchise currently heading right now with Zeke as the TB?
Down the long drop :D

mattjames2010

Reaction score

And TO didn't win us crap. Nor did TO. win any other team anything.

Show me the last stud WR or RB that won their team a Super Bowl.

Sydla

Reaction score
Obviously his value plays into this.

If we are 2-5 and staring down a coaching change in the future and someone wants to give me a 2nd round pick and change for him? You have to consider moving him.

Now if I can only get a 5th round pick for him, then sure, I would keep him.

KingRah

Reaction score
If you can get real value for him and you are staring at a situation where you might be starting over at QB and possibly the coach?

Absolutely it would be wise to trade him. We are seeing now that Zeke alone can't win games for us. What does holding onto Elliott for the next 2-3 years do for you if you are breaking in a new QB?

People get too emotionally attached to players, coaches, etc.
QBs are developing faster. Having a running game speeds that up. Big Ben came in and had deuce and Bettis. He won early. J Goff came after gurley. They won in his second year. Zeke was so good as a rookie, he made dak look solid as a rookie. You don’t trade hall of fame talent, especially silly when it’s young. You can draft a future great qb and keep Zeke.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
QBs are developing faster. Having a running game speeds that up. Big Ben came in and had deuce and Bettis. He won early. J Goff came after gurley. They won in his second year. Zeke was so good as a rookie, he made dak look solid as a rookie. You don’t trade hall of fame talent, especially silly when it’s young. You can draft a future great qb and keep Zeke.

And yet, you can't give us a single team that won a Super Bowl because of a stud RB and stud WR.

And what the hell is this "you can draft a future QB" - not when you're middling and always getting a 7-9/8-8 record. If you're 7-9/8-8 team, your best bet is to have picks to trade to move up and get your guy.

Heck though, I am not even just talking about a franchise guy - I don't even think we'll be needing to move up in this draft to get our future QB, I think by the end of the season we'll be in play for Herbert. I want to add more value to this offense and defense.

RBs don't win you championships, trade Zeke and get players at positions that do help win championships.

ArtClink

Reaction score
We can get spend a 4th rd pick to get a rb who can match or exceed Zekes production. Zeke leads the league in rush yds mostly in trash time, in an era where 90% of nfl teams are pass crazy. Run or pass, I just wanna win playoff games and zeke is a player who gives less than 100 % all the time, save his rookie yr.

KingRah

Reaction score
And yet, you can't give us a single team that won a Super Bowl because of a stud RB and stud WR.

And what the hell is this "you can draft a future QB" - not when you're middling and always getting a 7-9/8-8 record. If you're 7-9/8-8 team, your best bet is to have picks to trade to move up and get your guy.

Heck though, I am not even just talking about a franchise guy - I don't even think we'll be needing to move up in this draft to get our future QB, I think by the end of the season we'll be in play for Herbert. I want to add more value to this offense and defense.

RBs don't win you championships, trade Zeke and get players at positions that do help win championships.
Some conversations make you dumber . This is one . Right on with trading your best player. Smh

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Some conversations make you dumber . This is one . Right on with trading your best player. Smh

There are players on our offensive line that are more valuable than Zeke. Stating Zeke is the "best player" really just means nothing since we are discussing RBs.

Get back to me when our best player is our QB again.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me

Yeah, I'll let the best RB in the league go for 2 firsts and some change, anything less and I'll hang up the phone

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me

Yeah, I'll let the best RB in the league go for 2 firsts and some change, anything less and I'll hang up the phone

If someone offers you a first with say a third attached to it, you take it and you'd be crazy not to. "Best RB in the league" is still an RB. When is anyone here going to list to me the teams that won Super Bowls with "the best RB"?

Bet most of that list will be made up of 1990s and early 2000s teams.