Zeke should be put on the trade block

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
...then you still lose very little. Zeke isn't winning us many games, RBs have a short shelf life, he'll want a big contract, etc.

Hell, Bell does more running and receiving combined than Zeke and Steelers are unwilling to give in to his demands. RBs DON'T WIN YOU CHAMPIONSHIPS

Defense and franchise QB does. I don't know why this is so difficult LOL

lmao and the Steeler’s haven’t won a championship recently and won’t anytime soon at this rate.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
lmao and the Steeler’s haven’t won a championship recently and won’t anytime soon at this rate.

....because they don't have the defense they once had. Yet they have a top RB and top WR and aren't winning crap. Yet you think we struck gold with Zeke?

Again, show me the last time a stud RB or even WR won a championship for their team. This isn't the 90s anymore.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Lynch barely did anything in the Super Bowl and had the benefit of a historic defense, I already discussed Rice and he was not a stud in 2012, and LOL Blount....he got put in the dog house in the Super Bowl and they still won.

That's the list?
Need to win in the regular season and playoffs to get to the SB these guys had over 1000yrds for there respective teams in the SB years

Blackrain

Reaction score
This is probably the dumbest post in this thread.

"LOL why trade an RB that isn't winning us games for a FRANCHISE QB because like Garrett and stuffz LOL O-Line gud Zeke gud"

Jesus.
No this is one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NFL and everything I said is true unfortunately . How long have you followed this team .

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
When Goff came in, he had 4 years of Gurley under contract.

A new QB next year would have Elliott for only 2 years before the team has to make a decision on whether they want to spend oodles of money on a TB.

So if someone is willing to give me real value for him now that can help rebuild the entire offense, I am making that move.
Of course you would.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Need to win in the regular season and playoffs to get to the SB these guys had over 1000yrds for there respective teams in the SB years

"1,000 yards" is not a standard of greatness. A good season, even a mediocre season, can get a player over 1,000 yards. Let's look check an example of this.

http://www.nfl.com/player/rayrice/941/gamelogs?season=2012

Rice in 2012 had 4 games of 100 yards, 2 99 yard games, 6 games below 50 yards. Actually, when Ravens went on their win streak in 2012, it was the stretch they barely used Rice. He also didn't tear it up in the post-season either outside of the Broncos game...

You can even look at Blount - he was a great goal line guy, but he only had 3 100 yard games and was incredibly inconsistent in terms of yardage after that and did very little in the playoffs. There is a reason he's bounced around the league. You bringing him up actually helps our argument, you don't need a stud RB that will want top 5 RB money to win Super Bowls.

Lynch is an outlier who had the benefit of playing with the legion of boom. Yeah, when we have a great defense built and a franchise QB, then maybe we can start talking about the skill positions.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No this is one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the NFL and everything I said is true unfortunately . How long have you followed this team .

....this does not take away the fact that you're advocating keeping an RB rather than doing our best to get a franchise QB LOL

There is absolutely no way to get around this, Zeke will never be more valuable than a franchise QB. If you have to give up an RB to get your guy, you freakin' do it. You don't always get a shot to get a top 5 QB in a draft - if that happens, if we are able to stockpile picks with the help of trading Zeke and moving up in the draft if need be, you have to do this.

Zeke is a fan favorite and jersey seller that will most likely find a new home in a few years and burn out with someone else because that's what RBs do and do fast.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Make an argument or get out, homer.
Ok I'll make one. My theory is if posters like you were required to either pay to post you guys would think twice before clicking post thread. And as a result this forum would be better and not be full of moronic opinions or people posting the first thing that comes to their mind.

Blackrain

Reaction score
....this does not take away the fact that you're advocating keeping an RB rather than doing our best to get a franchise QB LOL

There is absolutely no way to get around this, Zeke will never be more valuable than a franchise QB. If you have to give up an RB to get your guy, you freakin' do it. You don't always get a shot to get a top 5 QB in a draft - if that happens, if we are able to stockpile picks with the help of trading Zeke and moving up in the draft if need be, you have to do this.

Zeke is a fan favorite and jersey seller that will most likely find a new home in a few years and burn out with someone else because that's what RBs do and do fast.

If Dak continues to struggle the season goes down the tube and we get a high draft pick and get a QB . If we finish say 10-6 and make the playoffs you can scream holler jump up and down but Dak will be staying and we wont be drafting a QB . We will draft a WR.

Im advocating keeping a good RB so If we have to get a new Franchise QB he has a good run game to lean on as he breaks into the pros .

Your just not getting the dysfunctional part here are you ?? Jerry is going to do his best to do what the hell he wants to do and he dosent have to do anything he dosent want to do because he has the money to say Dak is a franchise QB and is staying if we win 5 games . I don't even like Zeke I think he is wise guy who should can his antics and just play but I think Jerry likes those jersey sales and is keeping him .

I like having a great running game because it dose a good job covering we have a lousy coach . Before your time but we had a great RB in every SB we won Duane Thomas , Tony Dorsett and Smith

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If Dak continues to struggle the season goes down the tube and we get a high draft pick and get a QB . If we finish say 10-6 and make the playoffs you can scream holler jump up and down but Dak will be staying and we wont be drafting a QB . We will draft a WR.

Im advocating keeping a good RB so If we have to get a new Franchise QB he has a good run game to lean on as he breaks into the pros .

Your just not getting the dysfunctional part here are you ?? Jerry is going to do his best to do what the hell he wants to do and he dosent have to do anything he dosent want to do because he has the money to say Dak is a franchise QB and is staying if we win 5 games . I don't even like Zeke I think he is wise guy who should can his antics and just play but I think Jerry likes those jersey sales and is keeping him .

I like having a great running game because it dose a good job covering we have a lousy coach . Before your time but we had a great RB in every SB we won Duane Thomas , Tony Dorsett and Smith

You don't need a freakin' top 5 RB to have a running game, especially behind this line or in this era.

....also you're bringing up 90s and 70s football. It's 2018, rule changes have happened, this is no longer a running league and it hasn't been for years.

Zeke is not that valuable because the RB position is devalued because of league rules. It's one thing if he was dynamic pass catcher like a Faulk or Tomlinson, but he's not. He's a pure runner and those don't bring you championships.

Trade him while he's in his prime and some stupid team gives up a lot for him so we can get the players we need to get to a Super Bowl.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
You don't need a freakin' top 5 RB to have a running game, especially behind this line or in this era.

....also you're bringing up 90s and 70s football. It's 2018, rule changes have happened, this is no longer a running league and it hasn't been for years.

Zeke is not that valuable because the RB position is devalued because of league rules. It's one thing if he was dynamic pass catcher like a Faulk or Tomlinson, but he's not. He's a pure runner and those don't bring you championships.

Trade him while he's in his prime and some stupid team gives up a lot for him so we can get the players we need to get to a Super Bowl.
You obviously have never played football. Unless your QB is Brady, football is won in the trenches. You have to be able to run the ball and stop the run to be consistently successful. Trading Zeke now before his rookie contract is up is about the stupidest thing I've seen here in years.

Blackrain

Reaction score

How old are you boy do you even watch the games or is it past your bed time . Zeke is a great receiver made one of the best over the shoulder catches I have seen anyone make on this team . Zeke is also a great blocker which is very important for Dak or any new QB we get missed blocks = injury .

Zeke and the running game is why we did so well in his rookie year . You cant pass with bad coaching , scheme and WRS. That's what we have here BAD COACHING, SCHEME and WRs believe it .

You can POWER RUN WITH BAD COACHING we proved it . That is what we need here to move the chains TILL WE GET A NEW COACHING STAFF and some one who can catch the ball and not tip it to the other team .

Garrett and the LIONS Castoffs will win nothing here no matter what QB is drafted

Blackrain

Reaction score
You obviously have never played football. Unless your QB is Brady, football is won in the trenches. You have to be able to run the ball and stop the run to be consistently successful. Trading Zeke now before his rookie contract is up is about the stupidest thing I've seen here in years.

You got it Rock some young boy listening to what they preach on ESPN and NFL Network . Never ran the ball down the throat of a defense and watched it take there hearts and pull the fire out of them .

mattjames2010

Reaction score

This post says nothing. You're not smart.

Offensive lines now aren't built around running the ball, they are build around protecting QBs. The defensive lines aren't built on stopping the run, they are built to get to the QB. I won't state this again: It's. Not. The. 90s. Anymore.

RBs don't win championships.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
How old are you boy do you even watch the games or is it past your bed time . Zeke is a great receiver made one of the best over the shoulder catches I have seen anyone make on this team . Zeke is also a great blocker which is very important for Dak or any new QB we get missed blocks = injury .

Zeke and the running game is why we did so well in his rookie year . You cant pass with bad coaching , scheme and WRS. That's what we have here BAD COACHING, SCHEME and WRs believe it .

You can POWER RUN WITH BAD COACHING we proved it . That is what we need here to move the chains TILL WE GET A NEW COACHING STAFF and some one who can catch the ball and not tip it to the other team .

Garrett and the LIONS Castoffs will win nothing here no matter what QB is drafted

> Zeke is a great receiver

Zeke has had some good receptions, "great receiver"? How does he average receiving wise to other backs in the league? I'm talking average reception, not one he takes to the house once a year that ups the average.

> Zeke is also a great blocker

Cool. Isn't going to win you a championshp. You think Zeke is the first great blocking back to enter the league the past 15 years?

> You can POWER RUN WITH BAD COACHING we proved it .

....for one season. You do get we missed playoffs last year and we're probably going to miss again this season? So what is it getting us?

Your arguments are bad.

ArtClink

Reaction score
What team wants an unmotivated, overpaid RB who quits on plays?

Blackrain

Reaction score
> Zeke is a great receiver

Zeke has had some good receptions, "great receiver"? How does he average receiving wise to other backs in the league? I'm talking average reception, not one he takes to the house once a year that ups the average.

> Zeke is also a great blocker

Cool. Isn't going to win you a championshp. You think Zeke is the first great blocking back to enter the league the past 15 years?

> You can POWER RUN WITH BAD COACHING we proved it .

....for one season. You do get we missed playoffs last year and we're probably going to miss again this season? So what is it getting us?

Your arguments are bad.

Todays game proved my arguments correct AGAIN . Our power running took that teams heart .

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
If someone offers you a first with say a third attached to it, you take it and you'd be crazy not to. "Best RB in the league" is still an RB. When is anyone here going to list to me the teams that won Super Bowls with "the best RB"?

Bet most of that list will be made up of 1990s and early 2000s teams.
Was it 94 when Emmitt held out. We lost the first 2 games without him. JJohnson cried on tv, Emmitt came back and we won the sb. He was not the only reason we won but he was part of a tandem that when put together was hard to beat. You asked and that's my 2 cents.