Zeke should be put on the trade block

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
These threads wanting our young players traded etc... are truly ridiculous and hilarious at the same time. Dallas is one of the youngest teams in the league. When one of the players doesn't perform well, the Nancy's come out.

A team/player can only do what their coached to do and run the play they're told to run. Stop tossing these kids under the bus.

Ops, I just noticed who started this thread. I should of listened to @America's Cowboy . :muttley:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but yes, I would trade him. Rod Smith isn't that bad and honestly, hes just as good as a blocker as Zeke on passing downs. LOVE ZEKE..but the dude is playing like a fat cat and seems uninterested. Hes one of those guys who has to have early success in a ball game to keep him involved...otherwise, he goes AWOL.

HowardC

Romo was elite
Reaction score
Some of you posters should have your posting rights revoked or be required to pay in order to click post reply.
Yeah especially all of the imbeciles still swinging from Dak's nutsack....

Rayman70

Reaction score
We can get spend a 4th rd pick to get a rb who can match or exceed Zekes production. Zeke leads the league in rush yds mostly in trash time, in an era where 90% of nfl teams are pass crazy. Run or pass, I just wanna win playoff games and zeke is a player who gives less than 100 % all the time, save his rookie yr.
Spot on. He isn't giving his best. You can see it . Its his mannerisms its his play its all of it. He looks slow to make his reads. No suddenness. No explosiveness. Seems unhappy or something. I say sell. Trade him now and I really don't think we lose much. We have plenty of viable options.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
Then when are you not okay with ridding of a player at one of the least valuable positions so we can load up at other positions and create a better team?

Your point is well-made— It’s a QB-centric league and, in general, RBs are somewhat fungible and therefore “low value”. I’m looking at your proposition this way though: What are the odds that the Cowboys brain trust can (a) land and develop an elite QB and (b) consistently surround him with the right kind of “low value” WRs and RBs that will allow him to flourish? Both of these would take great coaching and talent evaluation and the odds of them happening in Dallas without a real GM and roster-builder calling the shots are pretty low. And, let’s not forget that Mr. Jones is not exactly interested in playing the long game with his roster. He wants to win now and, more importantly, he really wants the winning to be because of his master-minding. So looking at it through the lens of reality, you stick with Elliott and Prescott— and add Cooper— and then hope that they can become a sort of poor man’s version of the LA Rams.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Spot on. He isn't giving his best. You can see it . Its his mannerisms its his play its all of it. He looks slow to make his reads. No suddenness. No explosiveness. Seems unhappy or something. I say sell. Trade him now and I really don't think we lose much. We have plenty of viable options.

I heard stats on the radio about RB's from winning teams Sunday the other day and most of them had between 30 - 40 yards rushing. The pass-happy NFL (the winning teams are pass happy) teams simply don't rely on giving 20-25 carries to the RB. Zeke leading the league in rushing is not near as impressive as it might have been 10 years ago. It's clear to the objective Cowboys fan that Zeke thrives with huge holes and a big lead. Give Zeke some adversity and he wilts away. He's never faced losing until he was drafted here and almost three seasons of evidence point to a player who is mailing it in.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your point is well-made— It’s a QB-centric league and, in general, RBs are somewhat fungible and therefore “low value”. I’m looking at your proposition this way though: What are the odds that the Cowboys brain trust can (a) land and develop an elite QB and (b) consistently surround him with the right kind of “low value” WRs and RBs that will allow him to flourish? Both of these would take great coaching and talent evaluation and the odds of them happening in Dallas without a real GM and roster-builder calling the shots are pretty low. And, let’s not forget that Mr. Jones is not exactly interested in playing the long game with his roster. He wants to win now and, more importantly, he really wants the winning to be because of his master-minding. So looking at it through the lens of reality, you stick with Elliott and Prescott— and add Cooper— and then hope that they can become a sort of poor man’s version of the LA Rams.

I'd rather try and fail a thousand times trying to get a good franchise QB than just having flashy players at RB and WR. RB and WR are jersey sellers without a great QB and that's all. Nothing else they can provide you.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I heard stats on the radio about RB's from winning teams Sunday the other day and most of them had between 30 - 40 yards rushing. The pass-happy NFL (the winning teams are pass happy) teams simply don't rely on giving 20-25 carries to the RB. Zeke leading the league in rushing is not near as impressive as it might have been 10 years ago. It's clear to the objective Cowboys fan that Zeke thrives with huge holes and a big lead. Give Zeke some adversity and he wilts away. He's never faced losing until he was drafted here and almost three seasons of evidence point to a player who is mailing it in.
well said. A little bit of controversy. he wilts. Mails it in at the drop of a hat. That's been who he is. It was on full display last week especially. When he lost interest, he was done. I don't think the guy loves football. In 2016...he was a totally different guy. The way he walked,talked, RAN THE BALL... now I have to question his heart and dos he love his teammates and the game he's playing? At least from what I saw last week, the answer is no.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never knew the vast number of psychiatrist and psychologist on the site. Are there any surgeons available?

kwcool619

Reaction score

Will our Front Office and GM recognize this? Nah.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying, I don't dislike Zeke. I don't think he's AS good or valuable as this forum makes him out to be. I think he's a flashy player, will give you some good highlights here and there, but he's just an RB in a league built for passing.

The days where the pure runners put teams on their shoulder and lead them to a championship is over. Last year the argument was that Dak didn't have Zeke and that's why he played poorly, well Dak has had Zeke in every game this season and we are seeing the same results.

He is still really young and may end up as the leading rusher at the end of the season - he will still have a lot of value on the trade market, and some team that thinks they are one player away from winning a championship may give up far more than what any RB is worth to snag him.

The #1 priority right now is to find a franchise guy at QB. This offseason, we need to accumulate picks so, if need be, we can either try to move up for our franchise guy or address the multiple other holes we have and start building a true championship team rather than building around a skill position that hasn't won a Super Bowl for their team since the early 2000s.

A good hands off Owner, Front Office and a skillful, football-minded GM would recognize this. But the Jones' Family just won't. This is what we Cowboys fans have to deal with at the present.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
a run first in a passing league is not going to win much not going to get to the playoffs much it takes a franchise qb and really good coaching and defense to win a championship in this league today so looks like it will be the rams and pats in the superbowl

catiii

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying, I don't dislike Zeke. I don't think he's AS good or valuable as this forum makes him out to be. I think he's a flashy player, will give you some good highlights here and there, but he's just an RB in a league built for passing.

The days where the pure runners put teams on their shoulder and lead them to a championship is over. Last year the argument was that Dak didn't have Zeke and that's why he played poorly, well Dak has had Zeke in every game this season and we are seeing the same results.

He is still really young and may end up as the leading rusher at the end of the season - he will still have a lot of value on the trade market, and some team that thinks they are one player away from winning a championship may give up far more than what any RB is worth to snag him.

The #1 priority right now is to find a franchise guy at QB. This offseason, we need to accumulate picks so, if need be, we can either try to move up for our franchise guy or address the multiple other holes we have and start building a true championship team rather than building around a skill position that hasn't won a Super Bowl for their team since the early 2000s.

Yes, we need to get our #1 back that we threw away. I see Zeke dropping off. Others may have as well. I agree with your logic because this bloody coaching staff doesn't know how to use the players it has anyway and the Garrett play book should have been gone years ago along with Garrett.