Zeke shoving it down throats and takes himself out

ICP

Reaction score
Zeke was dominating the game late. Several strong runs then subs himself out. Why? Finish the damn drive and rest after. Had all the momentum at that point.
It's the way many players are nowadays. I don't like.it either but it's like this in most sports

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Get this. Malcolm Brown had the same ypc average and exact same receptions for the exact same amount of yards as the ewok.

I’m not saying Brown is better than zeke but it’s been shown time and time again that you don’t need a top tier RB to win games and his contract was a complete waste of money.

Do you know who very well could won that game for us? Byron Jones.

Diggs was directly responsible for giving up points on two different occasions but we let Byron walk and paid a RB instead because we don’t need top corners that can cover if they can’t get INT’s.

I rather they have traded ewok and then try to sign Dak.

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke was dominating the game late. Several strong runs then subs himself out. Why? Finish the damn drive and rest after. Had all the momentum at that point.
Is that what we're gonna do this year.....every time there's failure by this team?

Hardline

Reaction score
Only 4.4 ypc with a 14 yard long. Collinsworth said Zeke said he doesn’t try to hit the home run early in the game. Instead he looks to wear down and punish the defense. Hard to hit home runs when you’re not trying.

Donald also spiked him into the ground on a pass rush one time.
This was very concerning to me
You look for the home run on every play. He should be avoiding contact.not running to it.

Fmart322

Reaction score
If he had an opportunity to hit a home early, he'd take it.

Only 4.4 ypc with a 14 yard long. Collinsworth said Zeke said he doesn’t try to hit the home run early in the game. Instead he looks to wear down and punish the defense. Hard to hit home runs when you’re not trying.

aria

Reaction score
I rather they have traded ewok and then try to sign Dak.
Yeah, that would have worked too, defense contributes a lot more to winning championships than RB’s do. If we had traded him for a draft pick or safety or CB it would have been nice. Of course they could have they zeke throw his tempter tantrum in Cano and paid Byron Jones instead but Jerrah caved. We got a taste of life without Byron last night and it didn’t taste good.

aria

Reaction score
Brown didn't have to run behind our oline.
Ohhhhhhh...so now O lines do matter?! Could have fooled me, Barkley never got that excuse. Bell never got that excuse. Mixon never got that excuse. McCaffrey never got that excuse.

When they had bad games it was because they just weren’t as good, Barkley ran behind one of the worst run blocking line in the league for 2 years and still managed to put up similar numbers to zeke who was running behind one of the best run blocking O lines.

Adreme

Reaction score
This was very concerning to me
You look for the home run on every play. He should be avoiding contact.not running to it.

The point of a run, especially on 1st down, is to get between 4-6 yards and open up the playbook for the next downs. If you are trying for a home run every play, you are instead going to get a lot of 2-3 yard runs and that basically is a wasted down and yes the RB will have some nice highlight film, but the runs that are not those will be killing drives. Barkley is great at getting home runs but terrible at consistently putting the offense in a position to succeed because he either gets 25 yards or 2.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh come on...Donald does that to O-linemen.

aria

Reaction score
The point of a run, especially on 1st down, is to get between 4-6 yards and open up the playbook for the next downs. If you are trying for a home run every play, you are instead going to get a lot of 2-3 yard runs and that basically is a wasted down and yes the RB will have some nice highlight film, but the runs that are not those will be killing drives. Barkley is great at getting home runs but terrible at consistently putting the offense in a position to succeed because he either gets 25 yards or 2.
Have you seen the line he runs behind? It’s kind of hard to get 2 yards when first contact much of the time is 2 yards behind the LOS on most of the plays. He has to dance around to try and make something happen because there is hardly ever room to run. Watch tonight’s game, I’d be surprised if he gets 50 yards behind that trash line.

lockster

Reaction score
He lacks conditioning, cardiovascular , and endurance

Loso86

Reaction score
He was the offense last night, he is allowed to get tired my guy