Zeke shoving it down throats and takes himself out

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
The hate for Zeke is mind blowing. He is one of the few players on this team that performs consistently. Literally the only player on offense to do about anything last night.
You characterize Zeke as “literally the only player on offense to do about anything last night”.

First TD drive, Dak had a 24 yard pass to Gallup and a 33 yard pass to Lamb. Zeke got the TD pass from Dak. Prior to that pass Zeke touched the ball twice on that drive for 4 yards.

The 2nd TD drive - passing game once again moved the ball down the field. Zeke had a 14 yard run. Dak’s 13 yard scramble set up Zeke’s 1 yard TD run.

Let’s not act like Zeke was carrying the offense. He wasn’t.

cern

Reaction score
What a dumb philosophy. Forget the yards, first downs and points...run into them for a few yards instead.

It was probably a convenient excuse. He finally saw how bad his elusiveness rating is, along with forced missed tackles and broken tackles so he claims he wants to run into them instead of making them miss but he’s not as good at it as he was in 2016. But hey, that’s what Jerry pays 50 mil guaranteed, a RB who runs like a cheap fullback.

The Rams got the same production with a 2015 undrafted free agent.
his elusiveness was evident when, after catching a pass, he jumped back to his left and made 3 rams miss him. overall, an impressive performance for zeke.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
What a dumb philosophy. Forget the yards, first downs and points...run into them for a few yards instead.

It was probably a convenient excuse. He finally saw how bad his elusiveness rating is, along with forced missed tackles and broken tackles so he claims he wants to run into them instead of making them miss but he’s not as good at it as he was in 2016. But hey, that’s what Jerry pays 50 mil guaranteed, a RB who runs like a cheap fullback.

The Rams got the same production with a 2015 undrafted free agent.
Malcolm Brown won the state title at Cibolo Steele HS. He graduated with my niece and I got to meet him at her graduation party. He is a military brat, very respectable young man. I have rooted for him ever since watching him play for the Knights and even used a late round draft pick on him for my fantasy team. (I also have Zeke). Was happy to see Malcom play so well, even though it was against the Cowboys.

aria

Reaction score
i wouldn't say lucky. frankly, i like the feed me gesture. but i just didn't see it if he did it. he ran well and hard. and it was electrifying to see him as a receiver. the best is yet to come, no doubt.
For the sake of the team, I hope you’re right because last year against the Rams he had more receiving yards and more running yards. Ya know, that horrible coach Garrett who never used him right...

aria

Reaction score
his elusiveness was evident when, after catching a pass, he jumped back to his left and made 3 rams miss him. overall, an impressive performance for zeke.
That was a very nice play but hardly indicative of his overall elusiveness. Either he has it and makes poor decisions by not using it when he should or he doesn’t have it in closer situations and therefore can’t use it.

cern

Reaction score
For the sake of the team, I hope you’re right because last year against the Rams he had more receiving yards and more running yards. Ya know, that horrible coach Garrett who never used him right...
alvin kamara often has more receiving yards than running yards in a game. i don't see him being castrated/castigated for it.

aria

Reaction score
Malcolm Brown won the state title at Cibolo Steele HS. He graduated with my niece and I got to meet him at her graduation party. He is a military brat, very respectable young man. I have rooted for him ever since watching him play for the Knights and even used a late round draft pick on him for my fantasy team. (I also have Zeke). Was happy to see Malcom play so well, even though it was against the Cowboys.
Always nice to hear stories about pro players who aren’t entitled divas, good for him!

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
That was a very nice play but hardly indicative of his overall elusiveness. Either he has it and makes poor decisions by not using it when he should or he doesn’t have it in closer situations and therefore can’t use it.
I would expect almost all RBs to be able to make the same play.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I don't mind Zeke getting his air back with Pollard coming in to spell him. Zeke had a good game. That dude is ready to play.

aria

Reaction score
alvin kamara often has more receiving yards than running yards in a game. i don't see him being castrated/castigated for it.
I’m not, I don’t care about receiving yards just like I don’t care about TD’s. Most of those are reliant on play calling, just because Barkley had more receiving yards than zeke due to more passes thrown his way doesn’t mean he’s a better receiver just like if zeke has more rushing yards than Barkley because he got the ball more means he’s a better running back.

The TD on the goal line probably could have been handed off to Tyron Smith and he would have scored. Most TD’s have much more to do with play calling then the player.

aria

Reaction score
I would expect almost all RBs to be able to make the same play.
It really was pretty generic but I didn’t want to get into it. The classic stop and cut back with the over pursuit of defenders.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh...so now O lines do matter?! Could have fooled me, Barkley never got that excuse. Bell never got that excuse. Mixon never got that excuse. McCaffrey never got that excuse.

When they had bad games it was because they just weren’t as good, Barkley ran behind one of the worst run blocking line in the league for 2 years and still managed to put up similar numbers to zeke who was running behind one of the best run blocking O lines.
Last year Zeke was stopped cold in 2 games Saints and Vikings, those two teams beat our run blocking with 7 players, they didn't need a safety. The rams did the same thing last night, Zeke was our best offensive player last night we can point at many other positions before we get to Zeke.

aria

Reaction score
Last year Zeke was stopped cold in 2 games Saints and Vikings, those two teams beat our run blocking with 7 players, they didn't need a safety. The rams did the same thing last night, Zeke was our best offensive player last night we can point at many other positions before we get to Zeke.
You left out Philthy, game 2 when it mattered most and Detroit.

I never said he wasn’t the best offensive player for the Cowboys last night but being he got the ball 22 times I would expect that. The Rams RB, an undrafted free agent, put up identical numbers...paying running backs top dollar aren’t worth it. Should have kept Byron.

lockster

Reaction score
yet he leads the league in total snaps for all skilled players in the NFL.. kind of odd hes always on the field he subs out because coaches dont pull him out, very rare hes not playing..yet hes out of chaoe , game 1 of a no offeseaosn and hes one of the few productive spots and all the hate..lmao

the biggest oddity is you want more pollard and yet the very few times zekes pulls himself , pollard gets to play but not enough, how do you get more snaps for pollard if zeke isnt coming out?
If Zeke is pulling himself out, it's for lack of conditioning, not selflessness. He also isn't the coach. If the coach pulls him, fine. Great backs use to play every snap they could.
Pollard can be in the back field at the same time, SF use to do that all the time with their multiple sets. Zeke has already set the tempo he runs at, he pulls himself constantly. I would love to see him try that under Parcells. Parcells was definitely a coach that filtered out the weak, dumb, out of shape , etc type of players. Jimmy was good at it also.
I'm still trying to acquaint myself in this modern world of wuscification we now live in.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
oh, I’ve made it clear I hate him as a person but that is completely separate from my criticism of him as player and the position he plays. When the Gnats sign Barkley, I’ll laugh and laugh at them too just as I did when they used the #2 overall pick to draft him.

Look at every winning SB team for the past 20 years, you don’t need a top 5-10 RB to win games. That money could have been much better spent.

Stop lying, your venomous personal hate, clouds your perception of his team contributions. You're always comparing him to others when it suits your argument. Factual assessments given to counteract your drivel are ignored.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Zeke is pulling himself out, it's for lack of conditioning, not selflessness. He also isn't the coach. If the coach pulls him, fine. Great backs use to play every snap they could.
Pollard can be in the back field at the same time, SF use to do that all the time with their multiple sets. Zeke has already set the tempo he runs at, he pulls himself constantly. I would love to see him try that under Parcells. Parcells was definitely a coach that filtered out the weak, dumb, out of shape , etc type of players. Jimmy was good at it also.
I'm still trying to acquaint myself in this modern world of wuscification we now live in.

no its not GD Players need break and he gets less then any player on that field playing offense. He plays damn near every snap.. get passed it they dont use pollard enough , dont have 3 back rotation like many teams that easily use two all under 200 snaps.. its not even close to lack of anything accept being human and paying more then anyone else. Hardly ever comes off the field..

constantly like 3 times game he needs blow and comes back in show me aback that plays more TOTAL SNAPS..there are none hes on the field nearly the entire game has right to need a blow..

ignorance is futile..

you are next

blueblood70

Reaction score
the sports caster s on all shows agree zeke looked solid better then anyone on offense yet all this criticism because he needed a play off here and there..

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If he had an opportunity to hit a home early, he'd take it.

Collinsworth, take was just an opinion, not fact. Some posters always talk about the superior line, yet no name OL' s outperform them weekly. They don't consistently execute, as a unit.

The 90's OL, didn't have to worry about the man next to them. They were able to take care of their assignments, and clean up any other opponent, that dared be in their way.