Zeke still fast

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
thats the issue DUDE

its all you are saying, its jab on zeke because yet again over his contract,

if MM says he looks fast and healthy like they did last year, and he proved it was true this threads true where everyone's questioning it. he literally was everything that was being reported, faster, quicker, and looked good up until mid season injuries..he was averaging 5.1 YPC can that not be any clearer the OP stated this many are questioning it but last season shows he the reports were true..no reason to think otherwise.
I don't have an issue with Zeke's contract like others do.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't have an issue with Zeke's contract like others do.
We're on the same page here. It doesn't make any difference to me. in the 60's 70's and 80's did we care about the accounting department? No we just cheered or booed our players.

I don;t care if you make one dollar or 30 million. Do you do the job expected of you to help us win. I assess/break down the player and plays not the bank account.

You still have a responsibility to do your job regardless of money. I understand that sometimes personnel changes because of that money...and the vaule received. I get it. I'm just not consumed with it. To the point of not being a very good, positive fan.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Can it be fixed?We should probably hope so...maybe try it for at least a year. Might make it more enjoyable.
The line and playcalling could improve, but overall I don't see Elliott as the homerun hitter he was years ago.
I would enjoy being wrong this coming season, but there's a lot about last season with regard to the run game that hasn't been addressed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Wonder why ?
Tony and Emmitt aged gracefully....
did tjhey?? i already post stuff here obliviously many fans FAIL to remember ES after yr 6 didn't have one season over 4.2YPC and went downhill each year , heck half his first 6 years were under 4.4..show me the flash plays ,the speed, breakaway big runs, the wiggle ES had his entire career that even slow fat Zeke doesn't have now..zeke was a far superior athlete , faster etc ..i luv ES22 and respect his game but he did have a HOF team to play with in run era with better coaches..

zeke would be eating surf and turf, Lobster and Tomahawks, on that team, thats a fact...this isint the same team heck its not even the same team zeke had his rookie year..

the ol is breaking down, coaching and Offense changed philosophy's, Volume backs need volume carries like 2016-2018 zeke was a super star..2019 OC changes , offense changed, OL plays musical chairs, and dak ets paid ac gets paid lamb gets drafted ie a pass happy offense..the middle of the OL, where zeke used to live when Fredrick left and we no longer had quality frontline LG who moved people, got soft, it gets caved in nearly every snap. These are facts...

btw ES rookie year excuses were made the team was being built and OL was suspect..thats odd 3.9 YPC and under a 1000 yards..i thought players lie Smith make it easier on an OL says many here what was the excuse there? he was fresh and young.. Zeke put up nearly 1700 yards in 16 games..

not making comparisons but tired of hearing that nonsense. this isnt the old Cowboys not the 90s and not Tonys teams where the run game was king and the coaches were HOF material.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Emmitt had durability like no other workhorse RB.

Tony and Walter aged well.

Just wonder what it is about the era that's so hard on the RB's?
Maybe the level of competition is higher.
Or, Zeke was at the end of an era and now it's trending differently.
Or Zeke just burned hot and fast.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The line and playcalling could improve, but overall I don't see Elliott as the homerun hitter he was years ago.
I would enjoy being wrong this coming season, but there's a lot about last season with regard to the run game that hasn't been addressed.
He doesn't HAVE to be a "hone run hitter". We have Tony and Lamb and hopefully some new guys. I'm hoping Kellen Moore get's an Ax chewing about better goal line offense. We should NEVER be kicking field goals inside the 10.

Zeke's highlights I keep posting....none of those are "homeruns". But even so he still showed some burst, speed (running past a LOT of defenders!) and desire to PILE DRIVE for TDs.

I'm not convinced you'd "enjoy being wrong" nearly as much as enjoying being right. A little TOO enthusiastic on the subject. :)

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
He doesn't HAVE to be a "hone run hitter". We have Tony and Lamb and hopefully some new guys. I'm hoping Kellen Moore get's an Ax chewing about better goal line offense. We should NEVER be kicking field goals inside the 10.

Zeke's highlights I keep posting....none of those are "homeruns". But even so he still showed some burst, speed (running past a LOT of defenders!) and desire to PILE DRIVE for TDs.

I'm not convinced you'd "enjoy being wrong" nearly as much as enjoying being right. A little TOO enthusiastic on the subject. :)
Look, if you want to just argue to be a contrarian, I'm moving on.
Zeke had plenty of home run plays early in his career including from the flats. His longest gains were from that time. Those days are over.
Get better highlights.
And YES. He HAS to be a home run hitter 4th overall in the 1st round and extended 90+ million.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most normal people would enjoy being right more than wrong, what kind of stupid point are you stretching? Lol, good god.

What do I have to say? "Zeke is still dynamic and can do no wrong.". . . .

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Im in agreement and good with a motivated Zeke actually having a crease to run through.
Call me a sucker, but Im betting Zeke would love getting an opportunity to hit an open lane.
If we get 3rd and 3 yard conversions with the running game, than Zeke will be valuable once again.
I dont know where this fits into the convo
But Moores' inability to call pitch outs and run wide plays hurts our run game.