Zeke still fast

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I dont know where this fits into the convo
But Moores' inability to call pitch outs and run wide plays hurts our run game.
I actually see this offense taking a step forward with or without Moore, but it would be a lot easier if he could scheme a little better and use the weapons this offense does have effectively.
This is not a quick strike offense, it hasnt been, but what this offense can be really good at is an intermediate scheme that can exhaust a defense and move the ball methodically.
Let the deep game evolve as the game progresses, as the season progresses.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
When he left Boise he had to give them back his folder.
I heard that Moore said you cant run wide in the NFL because defenses are too fast.
I remember Pollard broke his 50+ yard run on a wide running play.
I am not buying it.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
He was the exception.
Most flame out early...
I remember reading about the average life span, meaning career length for RBs was 4 years, I dont know if that is still an accurate measure.
That takes all RBs in the NFL and averages the time spent in the league.
There were a few exceptions, I just dont see the modern day RBs having the tenure of the old school RBs, Gore is probably one of the last we will see.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I actually see this offense taking a step forward with or without Moore, but it would be a lot easier if he could scheme a little better and use the weapons this offense does have effectively.
This is not a quick strike offense, it hasnt been, but what this offense can be really good at is an intermediate scheme that can exhaust a defense and move the ball methodically.
Let the deep game evolve as the game progresses, as the season progresses.
Moore was great the first half of the season.
It looks like the NFL caught up with him and he did not adjust ?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I heard that Moore said you cant run wide in the NFL because defenses are too fast.
I remember Pollard broke his 50+ yard run on a wide running play.
I am not buying it.
If Moore said that, then he shouldnt have ever been given the job, thats like saying we cant ever run deep receiving routes because we simply do not have enough time.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I remember reading about the average life span, meaning career length for RBs was 4 years, I dont know if that is still an accurate measure.
That takes all RBs in the NFL and averages the time spent in the league.
There were a few exceptions, I just dont see the modern day RBs having the tenure of the old school RBs, Gore is probably one of the last we will see.
What I cant figure out is that a lot of teams share the RB load now.
You would think that would extend RB's careers ?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
If Moore said that, then he shouldnt have ever been given the job, thats like saying we cant ever run deep receiving routes because we simply do not have enough time.
I was hoping Moore got a HC gig.
It would have been a win/win deal.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Moore was great the first half of the season.
It looks like the NFL caught up with him and he did not adjust ?
Your baiting me, but I will bite...
The league caught up with a very predictable offense, and Denver really exposed the offensive weaknesses.
Set in a soft zone and dare Dak and our passing game to beat you, and for many reasons, not all on Dak, this offense as a whole went into hibernation mode.
OL derailing was the baseline, and once that happened it all declined.
It wasnt all on Moore either, but he has to show growth with this offense this season or he is gone, he deserves this prove it season.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Your baiting me, but I will bite...
The league caught up with a very predictable offense, and Denver really exposed the offensive weaknesses.
Set in a soft zone and dare Dak and our passing game to beat you, and for many reasons, not all on Dak, this offense as a whole went into hibernation mode.
OL derailing was the baseline, and once that happened it all declined.
It wasnt all on Moore either, but he has to show growth with this offense this season or he is gone, he deserves this prove it season.
Great insight sir thanks for taking the bait !
:thumbup:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look, if you want to just argue to be a contrarian, I'm moving on.
Zeke had plenty of home run plays early in his career including from the flats. His longest gains were from that time. Those days are over.
Get better highlights.
And YES. He HAS to be a home run hitter 4th overall in the 1st round and extended 90+ million.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure most normal people would enjoy being right more than wrong, what kind of stupid point are you stretching? Lol, good god.

What do I have to say? "Zeke is still dynamic and can do no wrong.". . . .
LOL...that's rich.....you calling ME the "contrarian". The "arguer".....you are a very funny guy.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is his make or break year so lets see what he's got left in the tank.
ot sure what's so terrible to take your foot off zeke's neck for just one more year.

These guys...."oh I would be thrilled if i am wrong". Please. How bad would it hurt them to hope for the best and cheer him on. Apparently too painful. and they want to be at the forefront of it when/if zeke is gone. Pathetic.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
ot sure what's so terrible to take your foot off zeke's neck for just one more year.

These guys...."oh I would be thrilled if i am wrong". Please. How bad would it hurt them to hope for the best and cheer him on. Apparently too painful. and they want to be at the forefront of it when/if zeke is gone. Pathetic.
Not sure I understood your attitude in your response to my post ?
I am simply stating that at his salary he is going to have to have a great year to be here in 2023.
Do you disagree?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
LOL...that's rich.....you calling ME the "contrarian". The "arguer".....you are a very funny guy.
Don't quote people's post if you can't handle a different perspective. I wasn't even talking to you to begin with. A lot of fans aren't super pumped over Elliott.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

Yes, I said I would be happy if Elliott had a great season even though in my opinion he's been declining. And, I don't think the idea is plausible.
Is there something wrong with that opinion?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, I said I would be happy if Elliott had a great season even though in my opinion he's been declining. And, I don't think the idea is plausible.
Is there something wrong with that opinion?
Okay dude...I ill back off and take your word for it. GO COWBOYS!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure I understood your attitude in your response to my post ?
I am simply stating that at his salary he is going to have to have a great year to be here in 2023.
Do you disagree?
My apologies kind sir. When I said "you"...I didn't mean you you. I am pretty sure we're in agreement.

My issue is that I think much of Zeke's production, lack there of? is NOT on him. If we are NOT interested in a formidable O-line..like Emmitt mostly had. like Zeke had in 2016, if we are NOT interested in scheming an effective run game involving both Zeke and Tony as a dual threat....then Zeke IS a waste and we might as well pay some schmuck to get abused physically and by fans.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't quote people's post if you can't handle a different perspective. I wasn't even talking to you to begin with. A lot of fans aren't super pumped over Elliott.
It might be YOU that can;t handle a different perspective. But I do digress..I wanted to address the possible hypocrisy here.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It might be YOU that can;t handle a different perspective. But I do digress..I wanted to address the possible hypocrisy here.
I said nothing combative, just my opinion that Elliott isn't an elite RB and has been on the declined, but I'm a fan of the team and I hope every roster spot plays great.
I guess I should display more drooling.
You can't win around here. You have to 100% love a player oir 100% bhate them or fans get all whiney.