Zeke still fast

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
In all fairness he's showing signs of decline and that his burst is not what it was.

I think most of us give him one more season as fans but there's a lot of skelticizm due to his contact

Gotta love the 20-20 hindsight on this site.

At the time Zeke signed the "crazy contract" he was a two time Pro Bowler and two time rushing champion. He was averaging 1,349 yards a season, 4.6 ypc and assuming he had gotten to play 15 games in the suspension year, which is likely as he averaged 98.7 ypg, he'd have averaged over 10 tds a year.

So of course the got the big contract, what do you think his market value was at that time? Think some team wouldn't have given him the same or near to the same contract?

There was NO way of knowing if he would, or would not, have dropped off in performance over the course of the second contract just because he had a lot of touches. Emmit had far more and he didn't drop off dramatically. Neither did Adrian Peterson, he had a nearly 1,500 yard season in his 9th year. Frank Gore ran for over 1,000 yards in his 12th year. Walter Payton ran for 1.684 yards in his 10th season, and he had more carries than Zeke and for most of his career didn't have a good line, got hit a LOT.

Yes Zeke's fallen off from his first couple of years, but if anyone thinks some other team had had Zeke and his stats and would just have let him walk instead of paying him big bucks, they're naive..

If he'd not fallen off we'd be darn glad we resigned him, but all of the 20-20 hindsight folks won't say that.

Teams never know what will happen to a player, there's risks involved, personally I have no problem with Zeke's big contract, he EARNED IT...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Fine is ok for a rb paid at a mid level salary...zeke unfortunately has not played up to his contract.

Good player yes, but not the player he was in 16 and 17...hope he gets back to form as well but the odds are not in his favor
I don’t gauge players on their salary…it’s pointless. All I ask is he a contributor or can he contribute at a high level. We know the situation…don’t draft running backs high, don’t pay them big money….I get it but they’ve done it and nothing can be done about it. Give Pollard more carries and keep Zeke fresh.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
He looked plenty fast to start off last year. Maybe he just wears down quickly? If it was all about top speed TP wouldn't be the better big play threat. Zeke ain't housing a damn thing. It's been that way for awhile now.
If pollard didn’t miss games from hang nails ave had to play every have like zeke, he’d lose speed too.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
If pollard didn’t miss games from hang nails ave had to play every have like zeke, he’d lose speed too.
Typos. If pollard had to play every game like zeke does instead of missing games from hang nails or his feelings being hurt, he’d lose speed too. He’d have guys saying he can’t break long runs and he gets chased down by defenders.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
A guy running a 4.5 can out run a guy who’s 4.4 if the 4.4 guy is bruised a d tired while the 4.5 guy has a full tank.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Ya know, pretty sure Zeke would still have gotten paid all, or the vast majority, of his money if he's played 17 games or 8 games or whatever.

And also pretty sure if he'd said he didn't want to play due to the torn PCL that he could have sat out multiple games.

But he gutted it out, played hurt, blocked his butt off and didn't complain about it.

But I guess all his detractors don't give a tinker's dam about that, all they know is he got lots of money and didn't put up stats like in 2016-18.

Glad I don't work for those people, I'd be in a body cast and they'd complain I took off 3 hours a week for therapy...

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Ya know, pretty sure Zeke would still have gotten paid all, or the vast majority, of his money if he's played 17 games or 8 games or whatever.

And also pretty sure if he'd said he didn't want to play due to the torn PCL that he could have sat out multiple games.

But he gutted it out, played hurt, blocked his butt off and didn't complain about it.

But I guess all his detractors don't give a tinker's dam about that, all they know is he got lots of money and didn't put up stats like in 2016-18.

Glad I don't work for those people, I'd be in a body cast and they'd complain I took off 3 hours a week for therapy...
He should be selfish this year. If he’s hurt, sit out to avoid putting out bad tape. D ware played hurt and jerry thought he was done. He went to Denver and balled.

visionary

Reaction score
He reached 22 miles this week in a work out. Stop sleeping on his speed. He’s probably faster than pollard. He just weighs more and doesn’t have a faster 5 yard burst.

Man at that speed he will be scary

maybe we should sign him to a 5 year extension now “before he blows up” during the season

:muttley::grin:

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score

Hes missed two games in 3 years. Maybe the coaches should let him loose.

I've always appreciated Zeke, but it's crystal clear Pollard is the more dynamic weapon. He needs more touches and Zeke less.

nathanlt

Reaction score
a sustained 22 miles per hour is equivalent to a 3.72 forty time. Obviously starting from zero is part of the recorded 40 time, and it makes you think about how fast some guys really are moving out there.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Zeke came in running a 4.4, so even if he's lost some speed he's still faster than Emmitt.

Happy 53 Emmitt. 5-15-69

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Hes missed two games in 3 years. Maybe the coaches should let him loose.

I've always appreciated Zeke, but it's crystal clear Pollard is the more dynamic weapon. He needs more touches and Zeke less.
False.

CWR

Reaction score
He should be selfish this year. If he’s hurt, sit out to avoid putting out bad tape. D ware played hurt and jerry thought he was done. He went to Denver and balled.

Yes he should and the coaches should've rested him last season. They were stupid for continuing to batter him. Although, I suspect they had very little confidence in the oline and needed Zekes blocking.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Only thing Pollard has on Zeke, is he is shiftier, quicker on his cuts.
Zeke will boucnce back, just needs to stay healthy, but they all do.
Even Pollard with his heel issue. That is harder to overcome and not to reoccur as opposed to slight knees sprains or tears.
Lol…….in your dreams.

zeke is better at nothing save picking a blitz or two.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He looked plenty fast to start off last year. Maybe he just wears down quickly? If it was all about top speed TP wouldn't be the better big play threat. Zeke ain't housing a damn thing. It's been that way for awhile now.
He got hurt