Zeke the Drive Killer

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I give Zeke for being a complete RB. Credit to him for making some key blocks for Pollard last night. That said, it’s absolutely pointless handing the ball off to him unless it’s a specific down and short yardage situation.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I give Zeke for being a complete RB. Credit to him for making some key blocks for Pollard last night. That said, it’s absolutely pointless handing the ball off to him unless it’s a specific down and short yardage situation.
That is not true, the point is getting use out of the money you have to pay him. If you cut his plays by 25 percent, there is lots of stuff he can do. He will be a lot fresher. When the cowboys are ahead and the other team knows they are going to run, he can take the beating, and like you said he can take the beating in short yardage

HungryLion

Reaction score
he is getting paid 11 million next year. Draft a rb. Malik Davis takes over as the starting rb, (unless the new guy out plays him), zeke fills in or doesn't dress, and is a back up

zeke 3.8 ypc this year

Can franchise shultz if need be, and give ferguson another year

You save 5 mil by cutting him.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
You save 5 mil by cutting him.

9.5 million was the franchise tag for rb's

zeke 11 million, and franchising pollard is 9.5 million, If you cut zeke you are paying 20.5 million for 1 rb

If you keep zeke at 16 million and sign Davis to a cheap deal you are paying around 17-18 million for 2 rb's

I think that is a tuff call. I would franchise shultz until fergason is ready, and let pollard walk

Last edited:

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If he wants to be here he can take a paycut.
I think there is a very good chance that he will take a huge pay cut just to be here. I mean, I don't think it is unreasonable to ask him to half or more than half his salary. He won't even get that much on any other team in the league if he were to jump ship IMO. His actual value is around 4-6 million a year. Dallas is his home and the only team that he has known. I think he wants to see this thing through with Dak.

I will say, I do think the blocking was mostly horrible when Zeke was in there getting carries. He was getting hit at or behind the line nearly every time he touched it. Pollard was consistently making something out of nothing; most players in the league can't do what he does.

Toro9

Reaction score
Yeah, this season might be his last in Dallas if he doesn't agree to a modest contract. He's definitely on a steep decline. Still useful most games though.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What I find interesting is that Cook and Barkley seem to still have juice and they are around the same age as Elliott. His drop off has been huge. I guess we did run him into the ground.
Elliot has nearly twice the amount of career carries as Barkley and Cook. They will likely look just like this once they near the 2000 carry mark.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke looks like dead weight out there.

Some questionable play calling with the run designs when he is in though. That power formation we ran multiple times is a head scratcher….telegraphing to everyone on the Bucs to come tee off on Zeke.
We just arent getting holes or even any push. Even tony had trouble there. His quickness allows him to bounce out...even then he got run down.
Zeke has indeed lost a step and some strength. O line and km not doing him any favors.

HungryLion

Reaction score
9.5 million was the franchise tag for rb's

zeke 11 million, and franchising pollard is 9.5 million, If you cut zeke you are paying 20.5 million for 1 rb

If you keep zeke at 16 million and sign Davis to a cheap deal you are paying around 17-18 million for 2 rb's

I think that is a tuff call. I would franchise shultz until fergason is ready, and let pollard walk

Zeke is useless anymore. Useless. Pollard is our second best skill player behind Lamb.

If you don’t keep pollard fine. Draft a RB in the 3rd round. But you can’t keep Zeke at his full contract. You can’t.

20 mil and having pollard on the roster is better than 16 mil and having Zeke and no pollard.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Zeke wasn’t fast enough for Tampa. Pollard had to use every bit of his speed much of the time just to get to the outside and create space. You put Zeke in a little space and he’s still dangerous and will wear down your defense. It was the right thing to get Pollard more touches

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Zeke is useless anymore. Useless. Pollard is our second best skill player behind Lamb.

If you don’t keep pollard fine. Draft a RB in the 3rd round. But you can’t keep Zeke at his full contract. You can’t.

20 mil and having pollard on the roster is better than 16 mil and having Zeke and no pollard.

They should most definitely draft a rb or 2

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I won't gripe, nor be surprised, if management decides to part ways with Zeke or vastly cut his pay. The '23 draft will be rich in RBs.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How did Tony do up the middle last night? And who helped Tony get two big plays?

Not saying he earned his millions last night...but god you guys...sheesh.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
So slow. So incredibly slow. Not sure if anyone watched any of the Giants game but Barkley looked scary. Remember when Zeke was scary. That was awesome.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
No, but they had other issues on offense too. I don't want to keep him another year, I didn't even want to resign him. But 11million for nothing is a lot, when there are roles he can do well while the cowboys draft and restock the rb position

They have to let pollard go. His franchise tag + zeke's dead money is too much to spend on rb's

I think it is time for Davis
No way in hell they let Pollard their best playmaker go. Make it happen no matter what it takes. Get rid of Zeke asap. Dead money be damned. Addition by subtraction.

HungryLion

Reaction score

How did Tony do up the middle last night? And who helped Tony get two big plays?

Not saying he earned his millions last night...but god you guys...sheesh.
You can’t pay a RB 16 mil to block and be a short yardage guy.

Zeke did nothing to earn anywhere close to his pay last night.

Pollard played great 5.1 ypc

dsturgeon

Reaction score
You can’t pay a RB 16 mil to block and be a short yardage guy.

Zeke did nothing to earn anywhere close to his pay last night.

Pollard played great 5.1 ypc

No way in hell they let Pollard their best playmaker go. Make it happen no matter what it takes. Get rid of Zeke asap. Dead money be damned. Addition by subtraction.

Of course you want pollard on your team and no zeke. But you can't pay 21 million for 1 rb + whatever you are paying the other 2 or 3 you get.

The cowboys are not short on playmakers. RB's are not hard to find