Zeke the Drive Killer

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I think the cowboys save a little money next year by cutting him.

I say draft a Rb to go with Malik Davis, and you can dress him or not, and have him in case of injury

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Try to sign Pollard or at least franchise him. Draft another running back and cut Zeke.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the cowboys save very little money next year by cutting him.

Draft a Rb to go with Malik Davis, and you can dress him or not, and have him in case of injury
Ill pay jerry the cap hit just to end <this> silliness.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Ill pay jerry the cap hit just to end <this> silliness.
2023 16million 11million dead money
2024 14million 6 million dead money
2025 17 million 1 million

I would say keep him one more year, but completely change his role

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has to get his head out of his butt and stop aligning playing time with contract value. The Cowboys need speed and elusiveness now more than ever and the Pollard/Davis combo should get most of the totes. There may still be a roll for Zeke, but even in short yardage, he is not as effective as he was earlier in the season.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
2023 16million 11million dead money
2024 14million 6 million dead money
2025 17 million 1 million

I would say keep him one more year, but completely change his role
I say release him and put the $5M into the trenches. What role can he possibly take? He doesn't make the short yardage line to gain with the same efficiency as he did earlier in the year. Draft a young thumper.

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
What I find interesting is that Cook and Barkley seem to still have juice and they are around the same age as Elliott. His drop off has been huge. I guess we did run him into the ground.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Nah. Cut him. Use that 5 mil towards franchising pollard.

Draft another RB in the 3-4 round.

This is the way.
I say release him and put the $5M into the trenches. What role can he possibly take? He doesn't make the short yardage line to gain with the same efficiency as he did earlier in the year. Draft a young thumper.

he is getting paid 11 million next year. Draft a rb. Malik Davis takes over as the starting rb, (unless the new guy out plays him), zeke fills in or doesn't dress, and is a back up

zeke 3.8 ypc this year

Can franchise shultz if need be, and give ferguson another year

My3Sons

Reaction score
Nothing should take away the excitement after today. However, I was glad Pollard got more touches than Zeke he's earned them.

We'll deal with Zeke after this season, but carrying his contract into next year as is would be foolish. If he wants to be here he can take a paycut.

Now let's enjoy this playoff run!
I thought the same thing earlier in the year, but not anymore.

The Cowboys are better off moving on to a younger back in his roster spot. His legs are done. He was a warrior, but it is time to move on.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
he is getting paid 11 million next year. Draft a rb. Malik Davis takes over as the starting rb, (unless the new guy out plays him), zeke fills in or doesn't dress, and is a back up

Can franchise shultz if need be, and give ferguson another year
I'd rather they pay $11M to release him than $16M to keep him. He hasn't provided any value the last month.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Watching the Cowboys arrive on the plane and go to their cars, some guy said "good game, Dak!" and Zeke was right behind Dak in which the guy said "hi, Zeke!" or something. lol

I really wanted Zeke to have a good game running the ball. If he can't run it but a yard anymore, then perhaps we need to use him more as a receiver in screen passes or short route situations? It's gotten to the point where it's almost pointless to hand him off the ball to run. There's a lot of plays that are just lost and it brings so many 3rd downs. It's hurting us.

Zeke is still pretty good to have on the field for protection for Dak in passing situations.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I'd rather they pay $11M to release him than $16M to keep him. He hasn't provided any value the last month.
No, but they had other issues on offense too. I don't want to keep him another year, I didn't even want to resign him. But 11million for nothing is a lot, when there are roles he can do well while the cowboys draft and restock the rb position

They have to let pollard go. His franchise tag + zeke's dead money is too much to spend on rb's

I think it is time for Davis

jblaze2004

Reaction score
There is no way Jerry and the Cowboys go into next season with Zeke making as much as he does playing as bad as he been playing. He has to go. We can sign a vet min guy to play the way Zeke has been playing.