News: Zeke to play against Packers

doomsday9084

Reaction score
As has been written in many of the other threads, your typical high end back in the NFL is getting 15 to 20 touches per game with only a few exceptions. The old days of guys getting 30 are gone.

Zeke coming back is fine.

Zeke coming back and Pollard getting reduced to 5 to 10 touches is NOT fine.

The Natural

Reaction score
I’m disappointed too. And I dont have some ego driven fantasy of wanting “my guy” to “start”, like some posters here. I enjoy the duo we have and don’t care who gets what # of reps. I’m disappointed because I believe we can get his knee another week or two of rest, last thing I want to see is a repeat of last year hobbled Zeke playing because no one on the team had enough sense to sit him for a couple of weeks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure anyone believes Pollard is a 20-25 carries a game type guy. He’s more of a complementary RB.

I don’t think Pollard is someone we want to count on solely to carry our running game for a 17 week season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No. I think most of us would rather see Pollard, but Jerry thinks otherwise. He overpaid Zeke and now insists he plays.
We are a better team with both of them . Pollard obviously is more explosive and fresher legs but there is a need for some pound and ground Elliott can provide . Along with his goal line presence .

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
I’m not sure anyone believes Pollard is a 20-25 carries a game type guy. He’s more of a complementary RB.

I don’t think Pollard is someone we want to count on solely to carry our running game for a 17 week season.
Yes nobody wants Pollard getting that many carries - what a lot want is for the split between Zeke and him reversed generally speaking.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

You don't know what you have if you never let them play. Cooper Rush is a prime example. All the Dak homies rail on Rush and talk about how terrible he is when he's only had 6 NFL starts. How is he supposed to work on his skills and make improvements when he never plays? Same goes for Pollard - if he is constantly riding the bench so that greedy Zeke can play, how is he supposed to improve? How can anyone say Pollard can't carry the load when he is rarely asked to do so? He looked pretty damn good last week, but people like you don't think he can do it. I would take Pollard over Zeke and not even think twice about it.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes . Zeke adds more to this team on the field in whatever roles he can contribute than roaming the sidelines. As long as it doesn’t take away from Pollards time and role.

The problem is it does.

The role Zeke has had this year is what Pollard needs.

Pollard needs to start drives and just simply be on the field more.

We talk about Zeke being a better short yardage back but 3rd and 1 that Pollard took to the house is because if he gets by the first line of defense he is nearly impossible to tackle in the open field.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Yes nobody wants Pollard getting that many carries - what a lot want is for the split between Zeke and him reversed generally speaking.

Pollard just needs to play more than he does because he is the best playmaker on the team and increases our chances of having a game changing play every time he touches the ball.

Zeke’s current upside is 3rd and short if we’re lucky.

fredp22

Reaction score
18mm for this year and people would rather see him sit. Dont forget our 11M TE still looking for that 1st td or 100 yard game. Stephen can really run a cap

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I’m disappointed too. And I dont have some ego driven fantasy of wanting “my guy” to “start”, like some posters here. I enjoy the duo we have and don’t care who gets what # of reps. I’m disappointed because I believe we can get his knee another week or two of rest, last thing I want to see is a repeat of last year hobbled Zeke playing because no one on the team had enough sense to sit him for a couple of weeks.
He will have a total of 3 weeks worth of "rest". He should be fine. He may not be the back he once was but he can still pick up blitzes better than most. We need him.

fansince68

Reaction score
The OC was forced to utilize Pollard more this last game. I also what to add, the offense playing uptempo was a smart move. Why in the he@@ would we change that formula? Are we that stupid? Zeke can do the same role as Malik Davis did in the Bears game.The first 4 scores we a product of speed, quickness, and quick strike ability. Pollard started the Bears game and he should start this game as well. Our offensive coaches are not so good that they can "choose" to change from what really works. This team offensively needs an "identity ". The identity we used against the Bears was reminsent of the early days when Dak was most effective.