News: Zeke to play against Packers

fredp22

Reaction score
I suggested that they should franchise Schultz before it happened...

Ebron is not even playing.

Jared Cook is 35.

Schultz knows the scheme and Dak is comfortable with him.

didnt know you were pro tagging him
hopefully it'll still work out

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Another thread for the Zeke haters to moan and groan.

75boyz

Reaction score
The OC was forced to utilize Pollard more this last game. I also what to add, the offense playing uptempo was a smart move. Why in the he@@ would we change that formula? Are we that stupid? Zeke can do the same role as Malik Davis did in the Bears game.The first 4 scores we a product of speed, quickness, and quick strike ability. Pollard started the Bears game and he should start this game as well. Our offensive coaches are not so good that they can "choose" to change from what really works. This team offensively needs an "identity ". The identity we used against the Bears was reminsent of the early days when Dak was most effective.

Totally agree, nice post.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zeke always wants to play. Its up to tge coaches to play the guys who are being productive tgat day.

Kumala808

Reaction score
we do. we don’t want Pollard to run 25 times a game and lose the juice. zeke is important
Yup clowns here always base their post on 1 game breakouts. First it was rush, who did his job but we all saw what happened against the eagle. Zeke is a beast

Reactions: BAT

slick325

Reaction score
Hopefully my guy is healthy and feeling better by next week.

Let's get a win in Lambeau and keep momentum going.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
As has been written in many of the other threads, your typical high end back in the NFL is getting 15 to 20 touches per game with only a few exceptions. The old days of guys getting 30 are gone.

Zeke coming back is fine.

Zeke coming back and Pollard getting reduced to 5 to 10 touches is NOT fine.

Use them both in the receiving game.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Zeke coming back is not a bad thing, reducing Pollard's touches is. You need to keep Pollard about 17-20 touches, while the rest can go to Zeke.

T-RO

Reaction score

Not-For-Long League. That was SIX years ago, bro. Average lifespan of NFL RB is two years.

we don’t want Pollard to run 25 times a game and lose the juice.

I’m not sure anyone believes Pollard is a 20-25 carries a game type guy. He’s more of a complementary RB.

When will some people read the memo! The only back in the entire NFL averaging even 20 carries is Derrick Henry. And he's only averaging 21!

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I understand the feeling of not wanting to root against a Cowboys player but also having a preference for that player to not play...

TE Schultz is in that category for me. I think the young guys will easily surpass him if given enough snaps. They're all already better blockers. Even McKeon who played several snaps as a Fullback vs the Bears.

RB Davis looks legit to me. He appears to have a feel for playing the position. Guys like Dowdle might have better measured athleticism but lack the instincts. We all know 1st hand that greatness at RB is not dependent on winning the combine...Emmitt Smith...

Zeke has average vision/instincts. He was great as a rookie and in college due to an uber size/athleticism combo. Once he lost even a small amount of athleticism, he quickly became average.

It reminds me a little bit of Dez. He was great for a period of time due to out physical-ing DBs, but once he lost a bit of athletic ability, he was done. He never developed as a route runner to compensate for a decline in physical ability.

Not only did he lost his speed, but also his ability to break tackles and his quickness.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not-For-Long League. That was SIX years ago, bro. Average lifespan of NFL RB is two years.

When will some people read the memo! The only back in the entire NFL averaging even 20 carries is Derrick Henry. And he's only averaging 21!

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Not only did he lost his speed, but also his ability to break tackles and his quickness.

LOL

C'mon man. Zeke is still the most physical RB on the team, almost always falling forward for positive yards.

There is a reason why Zeke is our best short yardage back and blocker in pass pro.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Was there ever really any doubt? Zeke wanted to play in the Bears game. He was asked to sit out and heal for the sake of the second half of the season.