Zeke v. Saquon shades of Emmitt v. Barry

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The fact you think Barry is better tells me all I need to know..... Hater!

If the game is on the line and you need 1 yard for a TD to win are you going with Emmitt or Barry? If you say Barry than you are wrong.

You continue to display your legendary cluelessness about football if you think this is some kind of filter for a great running back. There are a million 6’2” fullbacks I’d rather have than both of them for that one task. Stop embarrassing yourself Grandpa.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The fact you think Barry is better tells me all I need to know..... Hater!

If the game is on the line and you need 1 yard for a TD to win are you going with Emmitt or Barry? If you say Barry than you are wrong.

You can like whoever you want that's fine but for me Jim Brown was the best RB of all time and Barry not Emmitt can claim they were better, or any of their fans

LOL.....I would take Emmitt and the Cowboys line for sure on that one yard plunge.

Jim Brown is one of the best for sure.

They are all great. But had Barry Sanders had the Cowboys team and coaching around him for his career, it would be mind numbing to think how he would have rewrote the record books.

There was a long long time that I had said that Emmitt was better. But he wasn't. Those are just the facts. Barry was a once in a lifetime talent.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Zeke wasn't particularly effective in moving the chains last year. I'm sorry but that's the reality of the situation.

We would be an appreciably better team with Barkley than Zeke. If you watched Sunday's game and came away with any other conclusion then congrats you're a grade A homer!
Yes he was and he's the best in the league at it by far. Folks who don't appreciate Zeke either don't take the time to notice when he turns a 0-yard run into a 3-yard run, or simply don't care. Any "he wasn't effective talk" is nonsense.

Saquon was better Sunday. Doesn't change anything.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Barkley, Emmitt, Barry Sanders.

I dont think Zeke is in that category. I really dont care if that opinion bothers certain cowboys fans.

Zeke is a rung below those guys.

Top 3 in the current NFL? Sure he is in that discussion.

Kamara and Barkely are again, just much better all around play makers then Zeke. A healthy Gurley I also take over Zeke. Heck, McCaffrey I might take over Zeke as well.

Zeke is a tough, durable, straight ahead wrecking ball. But he simply doesnt have the moves or top play making ability of those other guys.

all that said about Zeke was the actual descriptions of ES.. reality check ES was volume back and only leads the NFL because of his longevity and ability to just take the schemed yards and then get some more when the opportunity presented itself.. you are clouded by the 90s trophys and the HOF induction.. Zeke is faster and more athletic then ES period, but they are one in the same style of runners... BTW hes not just a straight ahead wrecking ball thats so laughable, he is in zone scheme and patient but he can cut jump and juke , no hes not a small back that jitterbugs but he has many moves..

your judgemnt the hate and dislike of him personally is clouding your judgment..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I like how people didn't care as much about YPA until Zeke came. No one gets awards for YPA or YPC. Yards, TDs, & turnover ratio > every other stat.

Fact is, Zeke has led the league in rushing in every season he's played in the NFL. He obviously didn't get the rushing title for 2017 because of suspension, but he led in all the games he played in. He's produced more than Dak has.

TD's were always big. Scoring is the goal of the offense.

RB's that can dominate in the pass game as well as run game are valuable. Total yards is the new standard. Look at a guy like Barkley. His Oline has been so bad, OC's are scheming around this by getting him the ball in space by throwing it more.

And when you have such a huge disparity in touches with the majority of the backfields by committee, people are looking to more detailed stats to judge backs.

Im not sure why you would ONLY look at rushing yards as your barometer. Unless you have an agenda to do so.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yes he was and he's the best in the league at it by far. Folks who don't appreciate Zeke either don't take the time to notice when he turns a 0-yard run into a 3-yard run, or simply don't care. Any "he wasn't effective talk" is nonsense.

Saquon was better Sunday. Doesn't change anything.

He wasnt as effective last year. Not by Zeke standards. Those are just the facts. Much of it had to do with the Oline, scheme, and play calling.

Does it really hurt your feelings to have these type of discussions?

8 total TD's in over 450 touches is paltry.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
all that said about Zeke was the actual descriptions of ES.. reality check ES was volume back and only leads the NFL because of his longevity and ability to just take the schemed yards and then get some more when the opportunity presented itself.. you are clouded by the 90s trophys and the HOF induction.. Zeke is faster and more athletic then ES period, but they are one in the same style of runners... BTW hes not just a straight ahead wrecking ball thats so laughable, he is in zone scheme and patient but he can cut jump and juke , no hes not a small back that jitterbugs but he has many moves..

your judgemnt the hate and dislike of him personally is clouding your judgment..

Maybe you should talk to someone that agrees with you. That way you wont get so angry.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Maybe you should talk to someone that agrees with you. That way you wont get so angry.
NO ONES angry just shell shocked on how ridiculous your opinions of Zeke are.. you are a VERY small group here and out in the NFL and Media.. Zekes career has just begun and hes on a path of greatness..

History will prove all that out so move on..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
NO ONES angry just shell shocked on how ridiculous your opinions of Zeke are.. you are a VERY small group here and out in the NFL and Media.. Zekes career has just begun and hes on a path of greatness..

History will prove all that out so move on..

Angry guy doesnt seem to handle a difference of opinion very well.

I think Zeke is a great back. Emmitt was better.

mldardy

Reaction score
The only one who is lying here is you.

And a bunch of homers who are pretending they watched Barry Sanders run more than a half dozen times on Thanksgiving is amusing. There was no DirecTV in these days. You never saw the guy play, and certainly didn't see 99% of his carries.
:rolleyes: What the hell are you talking about? I watched Barry Sanders enough to know what is said is true. Next time do some research before saying he ran behind a terrible offensive line because he didn't.

mldardy

Reaction score
LOL.....I would take Emmitt and the Cowboys line for sure on that one yard plunge.

Jim Brown is one of the best for sure.

They are all great. But had Barry Sanders had the Cowboys team and coaching around him for his career, it would be mind numbing to think how he would have rewrote the record books.

There was a long long time that I had said that Emmitt was better. But he wasn't. Those are just the facts. Barry was a once in a lifetime talent.
Well it's a great thing we don't have to go by what if's because we KNOW that Emmitt was mind numbing and did rewrite the record books. Sanders doesn't do anything better than Emmitt. He looked better with his little spin move or juking someone but so what that doesn't make him better.

Also I would take Emmitt for that 1 yard regardless of what offensive line he ran behind. Did you forget that he set records in high school in Florida and also did it in his freshman year at Florida. He didn't just all of a sudden become good playing for the Cowboys. Emmitt was a tough SOB who would fight for everything and not finish with negative yards in a playoff game like Barry and have the most negative rushing yards in NFL history. Maybe if Barry didn't do that then he would have those mind numbing numbers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I disagree. He's there right now. If anything, it's poor playcalling and lack of opportunities limiting him, not players on the field. He had a better YPA average over Zeke last year, and that was running behind a much worse offensive line. He has speed and agility that Elliott simply doesn't. I'm a Cowboys fan but I can admit the obvious.
I can almost guarantee Zeke's YPA goes way up this year not being forced to run into 9 man boxes repeatedly now that Linehan is gone. I would rather have Zeke in short yardage over Barkley all day. Zeke may be the best 3 DOWN back in the NFL. Barkley running between the tackles? Compared to Zeke? Come on my friend. You're better than that lol

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can almost guarantee Zeke's YPA goes way up this year not being forced to run into 9 man boxes repeatedly now that Linehan is gone. I would rather have Zeke in short yardage over Barkley all day. Zeke may be the best 3 DOWN back in the NFL. Barkley running between the tackles? Compared to Zeke? Come on my friend. You're better than that lol

I'll give Zeke the edge in short yardage, I've said that. 3rd down? No, I'll take Barkley there. Maybe Moore will use Zeke better than he has been used before, but I'll believe it when I see it. Barkley has explosive qualities that Elliott simply doesn't.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Angry guy doesnt seem to handle a difference of opinion very well.

I think Zeke is a great back. Emmitt was better.
90% of the entire NFL players old and new including ES and Barkley, fans, and coaches say Zekes special and Elite 10% have DOP.. I wonder how that 10% is made up of mostly people, who simply dont like the Player himself personally off the field and its c,ouds their judgment of his actual play..hmm id say a lot..

im not angry nor mad, just shell shocked of your inaccurate description and comp to ES.. ES was slower and not as athletic , he was mostly a straight ahead runner that could carry the load, sure he had some moves but Zeke has more.. I luv ES and Aikman but they were on a HOF TEAM with HOF Coach in an era before the salary cap and teams were stacked, parody today changes all that.. thats why I believe straight up as players Romo was as good a QB as Aikman and Zeke as good as ES..

you put both of them on that 90s team together, nothing changes maybe even better who knows.. we look at the past players as a successful group , the team as whole formed an opinion but on their own separated from the Cowboys teams and all play on anther team , Aikman and Irvin are really good players whos numbers while very good would not have got them in HOF , ES yes most likely .. that Team helped the cause for all those HOF inductions..

at this point our recent great players have not had the same advantages as a team..yet like ES most likely would have , Zeke has excelled regardless and will get better..

as both being Fans and hope for success , lest hope we finally have that team and the next few years we can win a SB or two..remember Zeke is big part of that success regardless of your views..

moving on..

phildadon86

Reaction score
I'll give Zeke the edge in short yardage, I've said that. 3rd down? No, I'll take Barkley there. Maybe Moore will use Zeke better than he has been used before, but I'll believe it when I see it. Barkley has explosive qualities that Elliott simply doesn't.
Also like Sanders loses a lot of yards as well. Cant forget that.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Wishing it was true doesn't make it true.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
:rolleyes: What the hell are you talking about? I watched Barry Sanders enough to know what is said is true. Next time do some research before saying he ran behind a terrible offensive line because he didn't.
“I watched something enough to know that it is true” followed by “Do some research” may be the most unintentionally hilariously thing said in here in some time. I’m going to guess you are not a scientist.
You didn’t watch anything, stop lying and provide some proof for your garbage assertions or expect to be called out for them.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Well it's a great thing we don't have to go by what if's because we KNOW that Emmitt was mind numbing and did rewrite the record books. Sanders doesn't do anything better than Emmitt. He looked better with his little spin move or juking someone but so what that doesn't make him better.

Also I would take Emmitt for that 1 yard regardless of what offensive line he ran behind. Did you forget that he set records in high school in Florida and also did it in his freshman year at Florida. He didn't just all of a sudden become good playing for the Cowboys. Emmitt was a tough SOB who would fight for everything and not finish with negative yards in a playoff game like Barry and have the most negative rushing yards in NFL history. Maybe if Barry didn't do that then he would have those mind numbing numbers.

I get it, you would take Emmitt and I would take Barry.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
90% of the entire NFL players old and new including ES and Barkley, fans, and coaches say Zekes special and Elite 10% have DOP.. I wonder how that 10% is made up of mostly people, who simply dont like the Player himself personally off the field and its c,ouds their judgment of his actual play..hmm id say a lot..

im not angry nor mad, just shell shocked of your inaccurate description and comp to ES.. ES was slower and not as athletic , he was mostly a straight ahead runner that could carry the load, sure he had some moves but Zeke has more.. I luv ES and Aikman but they were on a HOF TEAM with HOF Coach in an era before the salary cap and teams were stacked, parody today changes all that.. thats why I believe straight up as players Romo was as good a QB as Aikman and Zeke as good as ES..

you put both of them on that 90s team together, nothing changes maybe even better who knows.. we look at the past players as a successful group , the team as whole formed an opinion but on their own separated from the Cowboys teams and all play on anther team , Aikman and Irvin are really good players whos numbers while very good would not have got them in HOF , ES yes most likely .. that Team helped the cause for all those HOF inductions..

at this point our recent great players have not had the same advantages as a team..yet like ES most likely would have , Zeke has excelled regardless and will get better..

as both being Fans and hope for success , lest hope we finally have that team and the next few years we can win a SB or two..remember Zeke is big part of that success regardless of your views..

moving on..

You are arguing with a phantom poster. You don't read so well. I said Zeke is great. You wasted all that writing for nothing. None of that would change the fact that I think Emmitt is better.

I had taken you off ignore. Im thinking that was a mistake.