Zeke v. Saquon shades of Emmitt v. Barry

mldardy

Reaction score
The Zeke vs. Saquon debate could end being the Emmitt vs. Barry debate of this generation.

Emmitt ran behind what is probably considered the greatest offensive line of all time playing for what was one of the greatest teams in terms of offensive talent of that time. He had uncanny vision and quickness so he saw the hole as it was developing and would be through it in an instant. Aside from that, his grit, determination, and durability were probably his greatest attributes.

Barry was undeniably the more physically gifted in terms of speed, strength, and agility. However he played for one of the worst offensive lines on what was perennially one of the worst teams in the league.

I think we may find the situation with Zeke and Saquon (time will tell) to be very similar. Zeke, who isn't as physically gifted as Saquon (dude is a freak of nature) will likely play most of his career behind a far superior offensive line and probably put up better rushing numbers.

Zeke is playing with a rising star at QB with a ton of weapons on offense, while Saquon is playing for a team with a lame duck QB who will in all likelihood be ending his career this year, and has little offensive firepower outside of himself and Engram.

If they should both be durable enough to play for the next 7 years or so, I think you will see Zeke edge out Saquon in rushing numbers but there will be an argument to be made that Saquon was the better all around back.

Should be fun to watch and discuss over the years...
He didn't. Stop with these lies. There were two perennial Pro Bowlers on that offensive line. Barry didn't run where he was supposed to many times and improvised.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He didn't. Stop with these lies. There were two perennial Pro Bowlers on that offensive line. Barry didn't run where he was supposed to many times and improvised.
The only one who is lying here is you.

And a bunch of homers who are pretending they watched Barry Sanders run more than a half dozen times on Thanksgiving is amusing. There was no DirecTV in these days. You never saw the guy play, and certainly didn't see 99% of his carries.

iamliko22

Reaction score
I like Zeke in this debate...he's a cowboy.

Also for the Barry debate vs emmitt . Same people saying Barry's the best emmitt had a the line blah blah. Almost always are same ones who say Jerry rice is the greatest player of all time ..yet don't use same logic about his teams...

Jerry rice as a wr is almost the same player emmitt was as a rb..long career.. mvp type player on great teams ...all time records ..championships.

Anyway if Zeke can be like one I hope he's like emmitt..

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

And a bunch of homers who are pretending they watched Barry Sanders run more than a half dozen times on Thanksgiving is amusing. There was no DirecTV in these days. You never saw the guy play, and certainly didn't see 99% of his carries.

I saw him play in person twice my friend, just like like I saw the boys and niners in person during the hey days to see who was SB bound and brother has 2 rings to show for it.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched Barry Sanders a lot over his career. What the hell is that guy talking about?

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score

Barry Sanders was on TV often. Just as Walter Payton was. 3-6 times a year at a minimum. And I saw him twice in person. He was amazing. But the truth is, he was easily tackled and had many horrible games. He did not hit the hole like Emmitt and come out the other side. He was best when getting to open daylight. He was a home run hitter who struck out a lot. Emmitt and Walter were much more consistent.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Barry Sanders was on TV often. Just as Walter Payton was. 3-6 times a year at a minimum. And I saw him twice in person. He was amazing. But the truth is, he was easily tackled and had many horrible games. He did not hit the hole like Emmitt and come out the other side. He was best when getting to open daylight. He was a home run hitter who struck out a lot. Emmitt and Walter were much more consistent.

This, saw him twice myself and seen ES at least 3 times in person.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
He struck out a lot but he's the only runner in history to average 1500 yards per season and 5 yards per carry? Do you know how stupid you sound?

There is innumerable footage of Barry Sanders "hitting the hole". All of this "boom and bust" stuff is just nonsense put out there by a bunch of homers to make themselves feel better

PROVE that he "struck out" a lot. With data to back it up. Not your dopey lies.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
He struck out a lot but he's the only runner in history to average 1500 yards per season and 5 yards per carry? Do you know how stupid you sound?

There is innumerable footage of Barry Sanders "hitting the hole". All of this "boom and bust" stuff is just nonsense put out there by a bunch of homers to make themselves feel better

PROVE that he "struck out" a lot. With data to back it up. Not your dopey lies.

So you shift to personal attacks. You are an _________. How stupid I sound? Lies? I am guessing that it is you who rarely saw him play.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Listen, this can go on forever, we agree to disagree, just like the Prez to each there own. You like who you like and I like who I like. I was fortunate because of my brother, to see both in person multiple times and witness some of the greatest games better than the SB with the niners and boys going at it. I just know who I would take and KNOW the boys had the best back for what fit them.

Daktozekecoop

Reaction score
Listen, this can go on forever, we agree to disagree, just like the Prez to each there own. You like who you like and I like who I like. I was fortunate because of my brother, to see both in person multiple times and witness some of the greatest games better than the SB with the niners and boys going at it. I just know who I would take and KNOW the boys had the best back for what fit them.

Signing Zeke and the O line for so many years into the future, along with Moore is the best moves IMO, since trading Hershel.