Twitter: Zeke vs Emmitt

Flamma

Reaction score
Zeke is running behind the most overrated offensive line and zero passing threat. Imagine what he would do in a real offense?

Amen. I think Emmitt is the best RB in NFL history (yeah I am bias) but I am all for Zeke surpassing him. I wish him luck in the long road ahead. Before anyone mentions Barry Sanders, the only reason I think Emmitt is better is because he was more of an all purpose back. As good as Sanders was, he was a liability as well.

Hogeboom4TheWin

Reaction score
Elliott is a tremendous football player. Just imagine what this Cowboys offense would be like without his contributions.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's true that Emmitt, while still winning Rookie of the Year, didn't have the same kind of debut that Zeke did, which makes this comparison as close as it is. However, Emmitt would then go on to unleash one of the most dominant five year stretches that any back ever had. Zeke would need to repeat 2016 four times in a row to be Emmitt like.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I just hope Zeke has Emmitt's durability and long career :cool:
Durability is the key for sure.

The new trend with running backs is get a few all-pro/pro bowl caliber seasons and then vanish off the face of the Earth do to health issues (guys like Chris Johnson, Adrian Foster, Doug Martin, Demarco Murrary).

Guys like Frank Gore and Adrian Peterson are extremely rare (can play high level for an actual significant amount of time career wise).

Becoming a "franchise runningback" is almost a myth now a days !

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Zeke single-handedly undermines the whole “but Dak’s W/L is 30-15...” nonsense.

Zeke is the straw that stirs the drink; Dak goes as Zeke goes; the passing game operates of the effectiveness of the run game primarily. Let me know when Dak starts carrying this team with his arm.

Give him a reliable TE like Aikman had w Novacek. He needs a dependable option.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You will never win JUST RUNNING the football. Try it and see what happens.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
That's what separates him from every other RB that's ever lived, and probably ever will for a while.
I've seen guys bounce off of him like crazy, big old tough guys just couldn't bring him down. Zeke doesn't have that. Also, Emmitt took care of his body. He didn't take monster hits, didn't try to leap over everyone, didn't try to blow up a defensive player, had regular massages, etc.