Twitter: Zeke vs Emmitt

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Most running backs get the majority of their receptions off of dump offs and short throws. Walker did receive his share of those types of throws(Elliott is, too), but he also went down field as well. Take away Walker's long of 84 yards that 1986 season and he still averaged over 10 yards per reception. That isn't a fluke. Dallas finished 12th in the league in passing yards per game. One spot ahead of the run-and-shoot Oilers. Prior to Danny White getting injured they were near the top in passing yards per game. He broke his wrist in the 9th game of the season and then the Peuller suckdom commenced. Walker was a force in the receiving game that year. Elliott is one this season and he will become the franchise leader for most receptions by a running back for a single-season.

Here’s Walker’s 84 yard catch and run versus Philadelphia in 86. It was a 10 yard slant that he turned into an 84 yard touchdown. He lined up wide a number of times that season but it wasn’t like he was running 20 yards down field. He turned a number of short throws into big gains. Steve Pulluer was the QB on that play.

erod

Reaction score
Zeke is running behind the most overrated offensive line and zero passing threat. Imagine what he would do in a real offense?
Did you see what about Emmitt ran behind early on? Babe Laughenberg was his quarterback for a bit in his first year.

JayFord

Reaction score
One thing about Emmitt was near the goal line he was money...scored all the time. Scotty needs to find ways to get their best player the ball down there...idk maybe run behind that all world OG Zack Martin.
I mean if i was linehan the only time i would be predictable is inside the 5

Im giving it to zeke and thats it.....if you can stop it 3 times in a row ill shake your hand