Twitter: Zeke vs Emmitt

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Zeke has 72 receptions this season which is 10 more than Emmitt’s career high. Not sure what the single season record is for receptions by a Cowboys RB but Zeke has to be approaching it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak being a work in progress as a passer we’ve had to lean on Zeke a lot as a runner and receiver. What as many touches as he gets he’s not likely to have a very long career. He could end up hitting the wall by the time he’s 28-29. Our entire offense revolves around him. We’re using him so much he needs a breather every few plays.

blumayne38

Reaction score
You don't have to imagine.
We saw it--in living color--last year during his 6 game suspension.

It was sickening to watch.
This, people will say Tyron was a big loss also and I agree. But not having Zeke was bigger our offense was completely gone. If Dallas slips up and dosent draft Zeke...wow we may be in a entirely different position

joseephuss

Reaction score
Zeke has 72 receptions this season which is 10 more than Emmitt’s career high. Not sure what the single season record is for receptions by a Cowboys RB but Zeke has to be approaching it.

Herschel Walker in 1986 had 76 receptions for 837 yards and 2 TDs.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
Sanders was incredible. if you needed a purely electric runner, with unbelievable God given talent that could make your jaw literally drop, then Barry was your man. Great running back, definitely among the tops of all time

But if you needed a guy who was the total package--could run on the edge, could run between the tackles, get the tough yards in short situations, goal line situations, great blocker, catch passes out of backfield, and maybe one of the toughest most durable guys to ever play the position, then you simply cannot do better than Emmitt Smith.

Top to bottom, the total package, hands down the best RB in NFL history. No one--NO ONE--did it all, better, for longer, than Emmitt did.
He's simply the best of all time. No question in my mind.
For me Walter Payton was the best - just as tough as Emmitt, known as a good blocker, AND had the shake and bake of Barry.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
For me Walter Payton was the best - just as tough as Emmitt, known as a good blocker, AND had the shake and bake of Barry.

I think you could absolutely make a very compelling argument for Sweetness

TBH, if I were a Bears fan I’m sure I would put Payton ahead of Emmitt lol

Batman1980

Reaction score
Zeke's home run ability seems to be gone, terrible red zone offense means we need to get better at scoring long.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Herschel Walker in 1986 had 76 receptions for 837 yards and 2 TDs.

That was back when the Cowboys passing game was really struggling with Pelluer at QB. A lot of dump off’s and short throws to Herschel. Zeke will surpass the 76 receptions Walker had and may even approach the 85 receptions Bell had with the Steelers in 2017.

ghst187

Reaction score
If Emmitt had Zekes speed, Emmitt would’ve cleared 20k easily and dramatically more TDS.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Had no idea Zeke is/was outpacing Emmitt stats by this much........

Of course Zeke played on a terrible team his first season, and had nowhere near the O-Line or overall support Zeke had as a rookie. Look at years 2 and 3 and there is no edge for Zeke.

In the end, both are/were great RB's, but as others have mentioned, the key for Zeke to be considered alongside Emmitt will be if he can maintain quality and consistency over the long haul

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
Zeke has all the ability, but Emmitt's heart stood the test of time. Let's see if Zeke's will.

Right now, for one game, for all the marbles, give me Emmitt in his prime, over Zeke.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Had no idea Zeke is/was outpacing Emmitt stats by this much........

15 years 18,355 yards 3 Super Bowl Championship rings....let me know when Zeke is close to there, then I will start comparing.

Zeke is bigger, faster, and they are finally throwing him the ball, but he has a long road down Emmitt Smith Blvd.