Zeke vs other top RBs

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No you sound like a Murray apologist. Zeke is the better runner.
I'm not so fragile that I have to tear someone down to feel good about my new bromance

Elliott's game speaks for itself, but there are a ton of boxes he needs to check off on his resume

Every single thing I have seen from EE I have seen from Murray a few times over

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Yes, I do not believe running ability varies quarter to quarter.

So then you must agree that whatever effects the running game has on the passing game, it is NOT dependent on yards per carry or any other statistical measurement of rushing efficiency within that quarter or game.

In other words, you not only agree with me that YPC or any other statistical measurement of rushing efficiency has no correlation to winning in the NFL (which you admitted in the other thread), you also agree with me that YPC or any other statistical measurement of rushing efficiency has no correlation to passing efficiency.

So really, you agree with everything I have said, and all of your posts on this topic are nothing but straw men and personal attacks.

Carry on.

waldoputty

Reaction score
So then you must agree that whatever effects the running game has on the passing game, it is NOT dependent on yards per carry or any other statistical measurement of rushing efficiency within that quarter or game.

In other words, you not only agree with me that YPC or any other statistical measurement of rushing efficiency has no correlation to winning in the NFL (which you admitted in the other thread), you also agree with me that YPC or any other statistical measurement of rushing efficiency has no correlation to passing efficiency.

So really, you agree with everything I have said, and all of your posts on this topic are nothing but straw men and personal attacks.

Carry on.

yes rushing ability does not change quarter to quarter.
what does that have rushing stats - which are basically worthless because they are dominated by the factors I have mentioned.

i am simply saying you are using a correlation that is based on flawed data sets to say rushing is not important.
stop trying to continue this silly fallacy.

should you try to expound upon this ridiculous conclusion of rushing well is not important, even those with no statistical background can simply throw it back in your face - your statistical analysis is hopelessly flawed.

i already gave you this EXTREME example to make an illustrative case of your error.

Goal: Evaluate whether water is important for grass to grow
Measurables: water (what you vary, representing rushing efficiency), grass growth (representing winning)
Not measuring: whether the grass is exposed to sunlight (e.g. 50% of grass kept in dark box, 50% is kept outside exposed to sun light during the day) - obviously this is the extreme analogy for defensive formation etc.
Regression result - no correlation
Mistaken analysis - water does not affect grass growth (rushing efficiency does not affect winning)
Correct analysis - not sure if water affects grass growth because whether there is sunlight introduces a huge error in the statistical exercise (cannot base any conclusion on winning based on rushing efficiency because rushing efficiency introduces huge errors in the statistical exercise)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Zeke > All

He is a perfect fit behind this OL with how he can do everything so well.

His vision and ability to set up blocks is really starting to show.

I like Leveon but he's an idiot. Shady is a beast but he's getting old.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
yes rushing ability does not change quarter to quarter.
what does that have rushing stats - which are basically worthless because they are dominated by the factors I have mentioned.

i am simply saying you are using a correlation that is based on flawed data sets to say rushing is not important.

Again, you are setting up straw men. I have never said "rushing is not important." Not once.

What I have said is that by any measurable statistic, rushing efficiency is not important. And you obviously agree -- as you should.

All of your other claims have nothing to do with anything I've said.

waldoputty

Reaction score
my understanding is that you said rushing well is not important.
if you are saying that statistics do not support whether rushing well is important or not, then there is no disagreement.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
my understanding is that you said rushing well is not important.
if you are saying that statistics do not support whether rushing well is important or not, then there is no disagreement.
that is the whole argument in a nutshell....

they always say.... 'they never said rushing was important' but that is not true.......the only reason people get upset and argue with them is because they repeatedly say rushing is not important at all

Later they try to backtrack and say they meant rushing WELL is not important but that isn't true or a logical distinction.......how can rushing poorly be important if rushing well isn't

But years of football game strategy and knowledge all show that rushing well and stopping the run are both very important to winning