Zeke vs Rams

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
It's become clear why you seem to think Zeke is not a real stud and runs into the backs of his linemen..

http://cowboyszone.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/25/2015/03/julius-jones.jpg

You're watching the highlights of Julius Jones.
:laugh:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was implying that it is not the same oline. They are still good though.

I think they got outcoached and out strategized that game. Rams had their number. Or it is staged and the cowboys were supposed to lose. Those are the only two things that make sense to me for the way that game turned out.
If one of the possibilities that comes to your mind to explain what happened in that Rams game is, "it was staged", then that explains how little you know about NFL football and I'm wasting my time even responding to you. BYE!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Hmm...Let's see...

It'Es 4th & 1, late in the 4th quarter during the divisional playoff round game at the Rams. ...

1) Run between the C and LG to get that 1 yard needed for a 1st down. There was a hole there for a split second or two.

or

Zeke is good at hurdling DBs 1-on-1 in the open field, but he has yet to ever dive over a pile at the line of scrimmage to convert a short yardage gain needed for a 1st down or a TD. That's what separates the greats from good RBs, especially when the game/playoffs is on the line.

Very good observations, good point about diving , just wanted to point out a couple of items.
1. Suh changed sides so abruptly Looney had to almost hold him to prevent getting to zeke, that created the momentary hole between C and LG. Also Martin was diappointment on this play by getting to ground ( Vs Donald?)
2. Zeke and the offensive thinktank were wrong in this play that the OL was going to open up a hole for Zeke to plow through after the whole game the way Donald and Suh were man handling the line. Following Tyron and side stepping the DL would have been the best option

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
If one of the possibilities that comes to your mind to explain what happened in that Rams game is, "it was staged", then that explains how little you know about NFL football and I'm wasting my time even responding to you. BYE!

I gave you two scenarios that I think are possible. The only other scenario is that their player quality is far above ours. Which I don't believe.

So
1. We got out coached, out strategized
2. Their player quality is far far superior
3. It was rigged

Give me another scenario for why we lost. Can you? Then reread that original statement.

Prime21

Reaction score
Zeke was 5th in the league in yards after contact last season and first in 2016

Stupid thread

The number 2 guy in your graphic is available for a fraction of the price. The opportunity cost works against Zeke. Plus I really like Pollard as a change of pace guy.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
The number 2 guy in your graphic is available for a fraction of the price. The opportunity cost works against Zeke. Plus I really like Pollard as a change of pace guy.

Has Ajayi ever played a full season and he is coming off an ACL tear

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I gave you two scenarios that I think are possible. The only other scenario is that their player quality is far above ours. Which I don't believe.

So
1. We got out coached, out strategized
2. Their player quality is far far superior
3. It was rigged

Give me another scenario for why we lost. Can you? Then reread that original statement.
I said, BYE!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watch the video Smith pushed his guy upfield, if Zeke would have followed to left he would have gotten 1st down or huge yards. He got stalled at line of scrimmage,if he wants-the top RB money he would have gotten that first down ( would be worth it) I know damn well Beast Mode would have gotten that 1st down.

You don't judge RBs by an individual play, or even an individual game. That's just nonsense. Being a great player does not mean never having a bad play or bad game.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
The Rams were gunning for Elliott and rightfully so. Linehan was stubborn and predictable once again, then finally altered the 2nd half. Too little too late.

Beasly being hurt did not help the situation at all.