Twitter: Zeke will play with a brace

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I may be wrong, but I could see Zeke retiring after his contract expires. He’s taken a pounding for 7 years and I think he’s coming to terms with it

links18

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they learned from last year and are not putting him out there if he can't be effective or if he is risking further damage. If they had done this last year he very well could have been the difference between winning and losing in the playoffs. I'm willing to wait and see what we see of him tomorrow before making any judgements.
What? This organization is capable of learning something?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why are we running him if he’s so injured to the point that he needs a brace? I understand if we were struggling in the run game but we ARENT. It isn't detrimental to the team if he doesn’t play versus when we used to lose Tyron or Sean Lee.

Needing a brace for support doesn't mean he can't play and play well. Tyron has played with an arm brace (well, a leg brace on his arm) for years. Lawrence is playing despite several leg injuries, including a slight fracture.

The team feels that we are better off with him contributing than a rookie undrafted RB. Only Cowboys fans seem to feel that we're not.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Zeke gets more carries then Pollard then how could anyone think we're actively trying to win games?

I think it depends on how the game is going. If we're moving the ball effectively with either in the game, then why worry about carries? If we're struggling to gain yards with either in the game, then whoever is more effective should get the ball more. Pollard has been the more effective back this season, so it's logical that he should get the ball more, but every game is different. It's hard to just make a blanket statement like this without seeing what happens first.

If we struggle moving the ball and we insist on running Elliott instead of Pollard, I'll agree that there's a problem because if we're having trouble moving, we need Pollard in the game for his breakaway ability. If the running game is effective, though, I don't really care who is in the game.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
What? This organization is capable of learning something?

Yes.. if only through kneejerk reaction .. they swing back and forth with the wind .. The problem with that approach is that too often by the time they swing in one direction the "correct" move is on the other side of the river.. They need to try to get out in front of trends for a change instead or always reacting and copying other teams' success.