Twitter: Zeke will play with a brace

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think it depends on how the game is going. If we're moving the ball effectively with either in the game, then why worry about carries? If we're struggling to gain yards with either in the game, then whoever is more effective should get the ball more. Pollard has been the more effective back this season, so it's logical that he should get the ball more, but every game is different. It's hard to just make a blanket statement like this without seeing what happens first.

If we struggle moving the ball and we insist on running Elliott instead of Pollard, I'll agree that there's a problem because if we're having trouble moving, we need Pollard in the game for his breakaway ability. If the running game is effective, though, I don't really care who is in the game.

Actually in 3 of the 7 games they played together Zeke (Tampa, Philly and Washington) was the more effective back. And up until the 5-6 carries at the end of the Detroit game when the line was seriously stacked their ypc were pretty much even. But I would offer no resistance to the concept that whomever is producing should get the rock more. That's the way it should always work. However it's too simplistic to look at ypc alone to determine who is being more effective. Keeping the chains moving, not losing yards that all matters too as does not whiffing on your blocks and letting the QB get blowed up! But the tandem has been very effective thus far. The only real negative is that they don't use either of them ENOUGH!!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Just as long as there’s not one on his wrist…..I would be disappointed not to see that “feed me” action

we’ve sure come a long way from the boys playing in the Salvation Army kettle.

Those were the days, we're lucky to get a 5 yard carry in a game from him

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
mr Risen---- What elusiveness???????....brace or no brace???????....but i think you knew that and might be trying to draw out some frustration???

YES BY LOOKING FOR CONTACT AS USUAL INSTEAD OF TRYING TO RUN AWAY FROM PEOPLE!! Zeke with a gain up the middle for 2 lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Actually in 3 of the 7 games they played together Zeke (Tampa, Philly and Washington) was the more effective back. And up until the 5-6 carries at the end of the Detroit game when the line was seriously stacked their ypc were pretty much even. But I would offer no resistance to the concept that whomever is producing should get the rock more. That's the way it should always work. However it's too simplistic to look at ypc alone to determine who is being more effective. Keeping the chains moving, not losing yards that all matters too as does not whiffing on your blocks and letting the QB get blowed up! But the tandem has been very effective thus far. The only real negative is that they don't use either of them ENOUGH!!

I agree to an extent. But what Pollard has shown is that breakaway ability that Elliott doesn't have, so we have to factor that into how much we use them. I really don't think that we should give Pollard fewer than 15 carries in a game anymore. I'd really be surprised if Elliott gets the lion's share tomorrow, though, especially coming off injury and wearing a brace. Hopefully, him being back creates a good problem where we run the ball more because we're moving it that way.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Only one of the Cowboys backs has multiple games of less than 2 ypc this season.. and it aint Zeke..

Pollard has two games where he averaged less than 2 yards per carry. In one, we handed him the ball six times. In the other, we gave him 8 carries. He has three 100-yard games, and in all three, he had at least 13 carries.

I think using these "multiple games" against him is as bad as some of the things fans say here about Elliott. We don't need to denigrate one to praise the other.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
A Knee Brace!!! that's gonna slow him down. He won't be as aerodynamic. OH well, at least its not a walker.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope true fans appreciate him for playing with pain.....people that have been in that situation will appreciate this post.....pencil pushers won't.

i dont deny Zeke is playing through and has played through tremendous pain.....but just because you do that does not make you the most effective choice....but i like having someone get those dirty tough

yards with Pollard flying around the end
if we lose because of dak we can blame it on zeke and his brace.

If we .lose I am Blaming big time then i will calm down

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I hope true fans appreciate him for playing with pain.....people that have been in that situation will appreciate this post.....pencil pushers won't.

if we win I will if we lost i wont