Twitter: Zeke will play with a brace

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Actually in 3 of the 7 games they played together Zeke (Tampa, Philly and Washington) was the more effective back. And up until the 5-6 carries at the end of the Detroit game when the line was seriously stacked their ypc were pretty much even. But I would offer no resistance to the concept that whomever is producing should get the rock more. That's the way it should always work. However it's too simplistic to look at ypc alone to determine who is being more effective. Keeping the chains moving, not losing yards that all matters too as does not whiffing on your blocks and letting the QB get blowed up! But the tandem has been very effective thus far. The only real negative is that they don't use either of them ENOUGH!!

Ronnie makes most sense

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

This team just hates Pollard. Zeke in a knee brace can't play. We saw it last year. Hell, he barely runs for 4 ypc without a knee brace.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

This team just hates Pollard. Zeke in a knee brace can't play. We saw it last year. Hell, he barely runs for 4 ypc without a knee brace.

Id hope that the FO assessed that an injured Zeke gives better production that Malik.....or is it more likely that Zeke passes himself fit and he plays (possibly fearing loss of RB1 status). The concern is that the report said that the injury responded well to rest, as Malik had a decent outing last week there's no need to rush Zeke back. Indeed, there was nothing wrong with the run game vrs GB....other than we moved away from it.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Hates Pollard? Come on man.. Last year they saw Pollard get Dak nearly decapitated a few times and panicked and kept Zeke in there. This year he has been better.. Far from perfect but better. And the Cowboys have simply been better at not asking him to do too much blitz pickup. But they've also not asked him to convert 3rd and 4th and short.. choosing instead to slam the 40 million dollar QB into the teeth of the defense. I think that as much as anything is why the Cowboys want and need Zeke back. You don't want Dak being subjected to that punishment too often.

Another thing that has gotten zero airtime as far as I can tell is how did Pollard come out of that last game after a career high in touches and snaps? You would think either he or his agent or both would be crowing about that all week. Yet they've been silent.. That silence speaks volumes. Is it possible that load took more out of him than we've been told? Did he spend all day Monday and Tuesday in the hot tub? I can tell you from personal experience.. playing that many snaps takes a toll on the body. Some guys recover quickly.. some guys don't. We won't know until game time which group Pollard fits into.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Actually in 3 of the 7 games they played together Zeke (Tampa, Philly and Washington) was the more effective back. And up until the 5-6 carries at the end of the Detroit game when the line was seriously stacked their ypc were pretty much even. But I would offer no resistance to the concept that whomever is producing should get the rock more. That's the way it should always work. However it's too simplistic to look at ypc alone to determine who is being more effective. Keeping the chains moving, not losing yards that all matters too as does not whiffing on your blocks and letting the QB get blowed up! But the tandem has been very effective thus far. The only real negative is that they don't use either of them ENOUGH!!
100%

blueblood70

Reaction score
Oh goodie!! Instead of 2yd Zeke we get 1 1/2 yd Zeke.
More like Henry 4.4 and zeke 4.1 only difference is number of carries.. zekes been playing great actually, if you think that way about zeke i guess henry sux as well, clueless sports fan take only look at YPC to judge rb, if that the case there are a lot of mobile qbs that are better Rbs then Pollard..

zeke had a game over 6YPC few games over 5 a few at 4.5et etc that what power backs do...its es22 type YPC seriously soem of you have zero clue on how to compare players..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yeah averaging 3.5 ypc less would have carried us to victory for sure

Why do you think Zeke would have averaged 3.5 ypc less? The last time he was healthy for the full game against the Eagles he went 6.2 ypc. He was over 5 ypc against Detroit until very late in the game. I have very little doubt that a healthy Zeke torches the Packers sorry run D for over 5 ypc and 100 yards. Maybe more importantly with Zeke in the game maybe Zack Martin grabs Kellen Moore by the scruff of the neck when they get the ball in the red zone after the turnover and tells him to send Zeke behind me and Steele four straight times instead of throwing the damn ball and having it end up being a pick. Even if they don't punch it in, kick the FG, go up 10-0 and seize control of the game.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hates Pollard? Come on man.. Last year they saw Pollard get Dak nearly decapitated a few times and panicked and kept Zeke in there. This year he has been better.. Far from perfect but better. And the Cowboys have simply been better at not asking him to do too much blitz pickup. But they've also not asked him to convert 3rd and 4th and short.. choosing instead to slam the 40 million dollar QB into the teeth of the defense. I think that as much as anything is why the Cowboys want and need Zeke back. You don't want Dak being subjected to that punishment too often.

Another thing that has gotten zero airtime as far as I can tell is how did Pollard come out of that last game after a career high in touches and snaps? You would think either he or his agent or both would be crowing about that all week. Yet they've been silent.. That silence speaks volumes. Is it possible that load took more out of him than we've been told? Did he spend all day Monday and Tuesday in the hot tub? I can tell you from personal experience.. playing that many snaps takes a toll on the body. Some guys recover quickly.. some guys don't. We won't know until game time which group Pollard fits into.

Pollard has been the better back for 2 years now and is limited only by the Cowboys coaching staff. You point to a block or 2 to make you case for Zeke? Thats pretty funny stuff dude. Dak sucks with or without Zeke blocking. The offense is better with Pollard. It is more explosive with Pollard. Zeke is a short yardage back, and with a knee brace is going to be worthless as we saw last year.

Actually, zeke is probably going to hurt the offense b/c now he's going to take away touches from Pollard.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Pollard has been the better back for 2 years now and is limited only by the Cowboys coaching staff. You point to a block or 2 to make you case for Zeke? Thats pretty funny stuff dude. Dak sucks with or without Zeke blocking. The offense is better with Pollard. It is more explosive with Pollard. Zeke is a short yardage back, and with a knee brace is going to be worthless as we saw last year.

Actually, zeke is probably going to hurt the offense b/c now he's going to take away touches from Pollard.

Yeah the guy who is 15 for 17 today and has completed over 70% of his passes since his return sucks.. Glad we have your expert analysis to lean on bud.