News: Zeke Won't Return without Deal

kskboys

Reaction score
I was shocked and most of those 1K rushers had more receiving TDs. I knew it wasn't great but far too much emphasis is put on yards with RB's. Emmitt needed 112 to get 6 points in a 13 year Cowboys career.
At least part of that can be attributed to the horrific red zone playcalling of Linny. More than once Zeke got creamed in the backfield as soon as he got the handoff at the goalline, at times by 2-4 players.

If Zeke plays this year under Moore, I predict he'll get around 15-20 TD's rushing. The playcalling will make that much of a difference.

cern

Reaction score
the only way the cowboys will get zeke's attention is to play hard ball. not sure they want to do that. if nothing else, the worn out clichés of we're only concerned with the guys who are here in camp, and we're preparing to move on without him. and try to sound like you mean it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ahhh yes, the fines.

How are they going to collect them? He's not getting paid so they can't withhold. He can say screw you and eventually it'll go to court. Meanwhile, it won't do a thing for the Cowboys this season except make some fans feel better.

So he NEVER comes back to play in the league then? OK, good luck in your future endeavors Zeke!

:thumbup:

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The 1000 yards that McFadden ran for was some of the least impactful yards in the team’s history. A lot of those yards came late in the games when opposing defenses was letting the time run out. The running game was not a threat at all that year.

:clap:Yea, it meant so much we end up with 4th overall pick the following year AND they offer him no contract

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you happen to get Zeke's average throughout his career thus far? Is 239 on par with his first two years?

You're right though!! Yards don't mean much of anything unless it leads to 6 points. We have had teams that are top-5 in overall yardage production, but still hover around a .500 W/L record because we always settle for FGs and not TDs
2016, his only other full season, 109. He was off 60% in scoring rushing TD's from 2016 to 2018.

Now, I am not suggesting that is all on him because he's definitely a top back but having a top back without the points to go along with it isn't worth making him the top paid RB and I believe that's what he's holding out for. #2 isn't going to be good enough.

The Natural

Reaction score
Lol so funny. This would be like if your hand got gangrene and you saying "Yea hand! Fall off! show those idiots who's boss!" Um bro...you realize what Zeke is doing is ruining your football team. Or are you a troll?
I support the players getting paid. This team hasnt done **** for 30 years, Zeke isnt “ruining” anything.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I call it less than the 1800 that Murray had.

Try harder.
How many TDs did all of these other RBs you brought up get? Zeke is a game changer. Period. McFadden had 1000 yards and had almost next to nothing in the TD dept because at the goal line he lacked the strength to punch the ball in. Zeke doesnt lack that. This whole Zeke isnt needed thing is B.S and is really just helping y'all sleep at night. Zeke on the field makes us a scary offense. Him not on the field, not so much. There have been multiple runs that should have been big losses that Zeke somehow turned into positive yardage. So please stop with this nonsense.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I support the players getting paid. This team hasnt done **** for 30 years, Zeke isnt “ruining” anything.

We haven't done **** for 30 years because we "feel bad for our players" and give them money. Name me the starting RB for the Patriots in every Sb win they've had.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many TDs did all of these other RBs you brought up get?

Maybe you should look that up before you start barking?

Zeke is a game changer. Period.

Those 6 rushing TD's last year were certainly "game changing". Maybe you should be careful about what stats you bring up?

McFadden had 1000 yards and had almost next to nothing in the TD dept because at the goal line he lacked the strength to punch the ball in. Zeke doesnt lack that.

Those whopping 6 rushing TD's last year clearly prove that...

This whole Zeke isnt needed thing is B.S and is really just helping y'all sleep at night. Zeke on the field makes us a scary offense. Him not on the field, not so much. There have been multiple runs that should have been big losses that Zeke somehow turned into positive yardage. So please stop with this nonsense.

Sorry if the truth hurts, and the fact that this line has made two running backs before him and will continue to make running backs after him. but it doesn't make it any less true because you don't like it.