News: Zeke Won't Return without Deal

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He must want market resetting money. 17 million or something. If we offered him gurly money and turned that down then he maybe sitting the season out. And if he does then I let him sit next year too. If he is gonna be this way and not budge then get gordon. I we do something like that then Elliot will know he isn’t playing this year and will be traded after.

What we don't know is how the offer is structured........Stephen's not leaking that

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What we don't know is how the offer is structured........Stephen's not leaking that

They have said that they're not happy with the way the guarantees in the Gurley contract were structured. And guess what? Neither are the Rams!

BigD5

Reaction score
Sit out two years, losing about $12m in actual salary and $4m in signing bonus outright, plus whatever fines the team levies on him, only to end up as a RESTRICTED FA rather than a UFA?

Brilliant!

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Screw Zeke. Two years left and a good amount of money. Jerry needs to hold firm. We have others to sign to keep a team together. If Zeke wasn't a knucklehead, ok but he is. Here is a plan Zeke, we will sign you for what you want but your next run in...not matter how small..,nullifies the deal. Stay strong Jerry!! It's a TEAM.

The Natural

Reaction score
We haven't done **** for 30 years because we "feel bad for our players" and give them money. Name me the starting RB for the Patriots in every Sb win they've had.
You guys keep getting suckered by dumb and dumber

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Which confirms that they make the running back. You need to "keep up".
Not at all. You are missing a nuance that every part of the offense works together. Saying the line makes the running back is simplistic (and not fully supported). The passing game, the defense, the playcalling, it all matters - and you are acting like Murray's 1800 yards and Zeke's production happened in a vacuum of like circumstances. That's simply not the case. It doesn't take a genius to see that. But once again you are trying harder to win an argument than actually understand a perspective.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
They have said that they're not happy with the way the guarantees in the Gurley contract were structured. And guess what? Neither are the Rams!

What's your point.......we still don't know guaranteed money or pay-out off Zeke's offer.

JayFord

Reaction score
Whatever, I was a lineman and i know what stud backs mean to an OL. Consistency and not flash in the pan guys.

I’ve played on the Oline as well and I hated every minute of it......sorry but D line was my thing

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not at all. You are missing a nuance that every part of the offense works together. Saying the line makes the running back is simplistic (and not fully supported).

All evidence to the contrary. I have not one, but two running backs who succeeded before Elliott ever got here. One of whom set rushing marks that Zeke himself has never been able to approach! My case is made, You just don't like it.

The passing game, the defense, the playcalling, it all matters - and you are acting like Murray's 1800 yards and Zeke's production happened in a vacuum of like circumstances. That's simply not the case. It doesn't take a genius to see that. But once again you are trying harder to win an argument than actually understand a perspective.

I don't care to "understand" a failed "perspective". You want to talk out of both sides of your mouth. First Zeke is irreplaceable and makes everything go, but when he doesn't meet past accomplishments and benchmarks "it all matters". Your double-talk is on full display here.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I really think that the Dallas FO looks very differently on holdouts from players who they feel they have gone to bat for repeatedly.
Think Dez.
Jerry has thick skin but he also believes in being loyal and having some degree of loyalty returned---even both ways--in his relationships.

Granted, RB sitting out might affect the team the least of almost any position in the offseason, but Zeke's history is a different deal.
We already lost 6 games of his contract due to suspension and I keep hearing that far more has been swept under the rug these past couple of years as well.

I think he gets signed, but pretty sure Jerry, Stephen et al are extremely disappointed and probably feel betrayed.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I could care less what they or you think ..... These billionaire owners are playing all of you for fools

You're right. Poor players. Pay them all as much as they want. Then we don't have to stop *****ing about everything here.

pancakeman

Reaction score
I think I am in a small group on this in that I really don't care if he shows up or not and we're finally starting to hear some buzz about Pollard and his football IQ and dedication. I've mentioned it before, I would never sign a RB to a 2nd contract and I wouldn't have exercised that option, which also could be a contributing factor to the hold out.

There's also a benefit to this if he doesn't show up. We really don't know what Young Kellen's O will look like but with Elliott showing up and getting paid 14 or 15M, what do you think his marching orders are going to be? Run that same TOP offense in a league where that no longer gets a team there; it's all about Points Off Possessions and this team and that RB are very mediocre at that. Yards do not matter unless you apply Parcells' yardage theory of 100 yards = 6 points and meet that.

Know how many yards Elliott had to get to get 6 points last season? 239
Barkley 119
Gurley 74
Mixon 146
Carson 128
McCafferey 157
Henry 88
Peterson 149
Lindsay 115

Take a good long look at that and tell me about value. That's all the 1k rushers from last season. BTW, 12 other RB's outside the 1K club of the top 30 rushers had more rushing TDs than Elliott. Workhorse back has 20 of the top 30 rushers score more after leading the league in carries?

The Cowboys offense needed 153 yards to get a TD and for this mighty rushing team they ranked 16th in rushing TD's.

So, in order to be better on offense THIS YEAR, tell me why they need a 14-15M RB. It's not a game of inches, it's a game of points.
Interesting stuff, but
  • Maybe Zeke should get some partial credit for Dak's keeper TD rushes, though even with that the numbers you present are not going to even out.
  • Presenting this as a ratio means Zeke looks bad not only because his scores were low but also because his yards were high--so with the latter stat the better he did the worse he looks. That doesn't sit right.
  • Don't rushing yards correspond to lower opponent point totals? Sustaining even scoreless drives reduces the opponents' chances to score themselves. Football is a game not of points, but of point differentials.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Maybe you should look that up before you start barking?

Those 6 rushing TD's last year were certainly "game changing". Maybe you should be careful about what stats you bring up?

Those whopping 6 rushing TD's last year clearly prove that...

Sorry if the truth hurts, and the fact that this line has made two running backs before him and will continue to make running backs after him. but it doesn't make it any less true because you don't like it.
How many total TDs did he have last season? If you actually can sit there and say Zeke isnt a game changer and doesnt help our passing game you are out to lunch. You think defensive coordinators will sit there if Zeke isnt in and say, we need to gameplan to stop Alfred Morris? Please just stop. The truth hurts and Zeke on the field is much better than a no name rookie or Alfred Morris. You keep bringing up Ajayi. A noted locker room problem.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Best RB in the league in my eyes, why wouldnt I want him to be the highest paid at his position.

Either your Zeke, his mom, or his boyfriend.

What are you going to do when Jaylon Smith needs a contract, but we can't afford him because your drunken boyfriends contract is so big and he's 29 years old averaging 2.9 yards a carry?