Zekes accuser not required to be at hearing

mugsybows

Reaction score
You can't file papers until the appeals process is exhausted. All you can do now is get the paperwork ready to go.
thats what i meant. as soon as thing comes out with no change. here you go courts.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yeah. I don't think the money angle is gonna work.

For example if you pay me enough, I'll claim to be a Martian.

All credibility is out the window when you start throwing money around.

No she doesn't have credibility. Thats the reason the NFL doesn't want her near the hearing. Whether she's telling the truth or lying, the public would be the worst person the NFL would want to be placed out in public about this case.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
why is Zeke even attending the hearing then? why waste your time if they, basically, don't want to hear your side of the story?

stay home and practice, do something productive

It allows him to be the babyface. The guy that has protested his innocence even when the NFL has made up their minds that he is guilty.

Again, the only chance to get no suspension will require EE to win by the court of public opinion. He's got to play the role of the person that was wrongfully accused and screwed over by the NFL at every turn.

YR

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
the appeal will be upheld and this will go to court and the suspension will be thrown out. The NFL cant be seen to go soft on DV cases so they basically went and made themselves look incompetent instead of looking soft.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I feel like this rubber stamped process should be skipped and Zeke should take the NFL to court. The only outcome I see is a postponement of his six games suspension. Go Cowboys

The court would likely require him to exhaust all remedies and procedures in the Kangaroo Court of the NFL before it would consider the position as to whether the decision was patently unreasonable.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
While this may be true, the chances of this happening are near zero.

Most women's groups, social justice warriors, other snowflakes, Cowboys haters and most NFL owners are praising the 6 game suspension. If it were to be wiped out, these groups would go crazy. You would see pickets outside AT&T is the suspension were wiped out. That's the last thing the NFL wants. The publicity would be awful.

As Cowboys fans, we don't care. We just want our favorite RB playing. But we are a small minority in this Shakespearean play.

I agree. But it's his only chance.

I find it shameful how many female sports reporters have written articles condemning EE and excusing Thompson's actions as well as continually only telling Thompson's side of the story and ignoring critical evidence.

It is what it is.

YR

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
When they go to Federal Court, it will be about the unfairness of the process, not the re-litigate the facts. It will not be about what Zeke did or did not do, but rather how the 6 game suspension was arrived at.

Like the Brady case, the court case was not about whether or not Brady deflated footballs, it was about the process.

the process here is clearly flawed, the decision patently unreasonable and the sentence ridiculous when compared to Josh Brown.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Skip the farce of a hearing and go straight to the lawsuit. I doubt that is possible though.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
well i mean she got those bruises and i mean zeke was with her, but he contests maybe she fell but no one saw that and i mean zeke was with her so he had to have given them to her... thats the nfls proof. verbatim

yeah he didn't prove he didn't do is, so they believe he did it

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May be on record, but if this were to be fair, Zeke's attorney would have the right to cross examine her. IF this were to be fair. Which it's not.

I don't think the NFL could force her to testify. I think only the courts could do that.

The NFL already has the information they've obtained from her and both side have the police reports. If the NFL does not make the investigators records available in the appeal hearing, then that's ridiculous.

goshan

Reaction score
the NFL has said they have heard all the testimony and thoroughly reviewed the evidence. They said they will only discuss new evidence. I suspect the focus will be Zeke's team trying to reduce the suspension as compared to prior suspensions, and not rehashing his guilt or innocence.

I think it could be reduced to 4 games or so, but won't be shocked if it stays the same.

And I am confident it won't go to court.

ksg811

Reaction score

zone lawyers, how accurate is this?

Number 2 is the bigger avenue. They could argue it but there is also a high likelihood that she wouldn't come forth anyway. She would have no legal binding to attend.

With the information, that would be like prosecutors withholding key evidence in a murder trial. The crux of the evidence used in the decision to suspend Zeke was the accuser's testimony. Disallowing those notes and info is withholding key evidence. This should be the focus once this hits the court system.