Twitter: Zeke's last 40 carries = 74 yards

Ken

Reaction score
No more treads on his tires. I was hoping his poor play down the stretch of the regular season was just him saving himself for the playoffs, but he still looked washed last night.

The last 5 games have been about under 2 ypc...it has been abysmal.

Similar to last year

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
No more treads on his tires. I was hoping his poor play down the stretch of the regular season was just him saving himself for the playoffs, but he still looked washed last night.

It happens to all RBs. Some faster than others where you just don't have the juice any more. The organization cannot allow jersey sales and/or relationships to get in the way of making the right decision in the offseason. With all that said, Zeke is still a key member on this 2022 team so let's hope he can make some more positive plays during this playoff run.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It happens to all RBs. Some faster than others where you just don't have the juice any more. The organization cannot allow jersey sales and/or relationships to get in the way of making the right decision in the offseason. With all that said, Zeke is still a key member on this 2022 team so let's hope he can make some more positive plays during this playoff run.
For all of the good times and moments he’s provided for this team, I sure hope Dallas gets him a ring. He deserves it. He carried this team for years.

People can hate on him on they want, but few could deny it would be cool to see him and Dak get a Super Bowl together. The story from their rookie year until now would come full circle.

tm1119

Reaction score
I wouldn't want him even if he took a paycut tbh, we need someone with fresh legs, Davis can fill his position
Unfortunately with his contract (and Jerry’s love affair) it’s only 4.9 mil in cap savings for Zeke. 11.8M in dead cap or pay him 16.7M. Lose lose situation.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To make things look even worse for Zeke, I'd like to see Pollard's total yards for his last 40 carries
Well he's had 31 carries over the last 3 games for 115 yards. So add whatever he got over his last 9 carries of the Jaguars game where he averaged 3.9 a carry.

About twice as many yards as Zeke.

The entire run game is struggling but Ezekiel Elliott exacerbates it.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
That contract looks really bad. He’s basically uncuttable this off-season as well. Hopefully he agrees to redo his contract so he can stay a few more years at a much smaller cap number.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

He's a decoy for the time being...he knows who is running the ball, he is there for protection for the QB.

That's my story and that is all I know...let's root him on for the playoff game coming up.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
The difference being 1 step faster than your opponent versus 1 step slower is small in its overall change but the impact it has on an RB's effectiveness is huge. Its frequently the difference between a 2 yard gain and a 20 yard gain. People really underestimate just how fast holes open and close in the NFL.

Zordon

Reaction score
That contract looks really bad. He’s basically uncuttable this off-season as well. Hopefully he agrees to redo his contract so he can stay a few more years at a much smaller cap number.
I'd rather just rip the bandaid. Zeke will restructure but he won't take a pay cut. The last restructure was a mistake by the front office.

tm1119

Reaction score
IF Zeke really wants to stay a cowboy MAYBE you can turn the rest of his guaranteed $ (and maybe a little more) into a 3 year deal that could easily take Zeke to the end of his career at 30/31. Guarantee him $21M over the next 3 years and lower his cap hit to $7M a year. It’s either something like that or we are just eating 11.8M in dead cap. Or the worst case scenario- Jerry does nothing and pays Zeke his 16.7M cap hit next year.