Twitter: Zeke's last 40 carries = 74 yards

RoboQB

Reaction score
I concede that Zeke is not what he was. (Who is?)
Before crapping all over him, though, I would suggest
counting how many of those 40 carries were in short
yardage situations. I'll set the over/under at 18.
No idea what it is. What say you?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I concede that Zeke is not what he was. (Who is?)
Before crapping all over him, though, I would suggest
counting how many of those 40 carries were in short
yardage situations. I'll set the over/under at 18.
No idea what it is. What say you?
Exactly.

Not just short yardage situations, but he got called on in 100 percent running situations. And never complained.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whatever the decision turns out to be with regards to Zeke, here's hoping this team won't be sorry for it. He's been a valuable asset to us for a very long time, although his current performances are just a fraction of what they once were. I, for one, won't complain if we opt to replace him with a new big banger in the year to come. Time waits for no man to take its toll. Sadly, Zeke is no exception. The 2024 draft will offer some excellent RBs.

Last edited:

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Unfortunately with his contract (and Jerry’s love affair) it’s only 4.9 mil in cap savings for Zeke. 11.8M in dead cap or pay him 16.7M. Lose lose situation.
I don't care about the money. The team would be better off without Zeke.

He has been the ultimate teammate, but he no longer provides any benefit.

I have nothing against Zeke as a player or person. But you cant keep giving him the ball just because you like him.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Remember y'all he hyperextended that knee in a game earlier in the season. If I remember correctly it looked really bad. He hasn't been the same since......I wouldn't be surprised if he's still hurt or had maybe partially torn something from that hit.

Praxit

Reaction score
Cherry pickens. C'mon man, OL has been musical chairs as of late.

But you'll love him this Sunday night. When he scores 2 TD's.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Exactly.

Not just short yardage situations, but he got called on in 100 percent running situations. And never complained.
Right.
I almost specified that.
When 30+ million people absolutely know they're giving it to Zeke.
And they do it anyway... lol

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
HE still has a place on this team, and honestly, when you go back and watch his carries, it isn't like there are gaping holes there that he is missing. The money is an issue, so it will have to be addressed at some point.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what I've been saying for a while now if he wants fullback money he can stay

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
HE still has a place on this team, and honestly, when you go back and watch his carries, it isn't like there are gaping holes there that he is missing. The money is an issue, so it will have to be addressed at some point.

No there's not, we can find a bruising back someone in the mold of the Vikings running back

Blackspider214

Reaction score
So he's now just Moose Johnston, except extremely overpaid. He has reverted back to his terrible play. The offense goes stagnant with him in there. He can no longer turn those 1 yard runs into 3-4. Negative into no gain. He is useless.

teamrican1

Reaction score
So he's now just Moose Johnston, except extremely overpaid. He has reverted back to his terrible play. The offense goes stagnant with him in there. He can no longer turn those 1 yard runs into 3-4. Negative into no gain. He is useless.
You can't realistically expect a RB to be able to perform at elite level at his age. Jerry overpaid, as usual. Not Zeke's fault. It rarely makes sense to ever offer a RB anything more than their rookie contract. Zeke could have been easily replaced in the draft. But Jerry always thinks he knows better.