Twitter: Zeke's last 40 carries = 74 yards

raggedy

Reaction score
He's not even the fastest fullback. Have you seen how Juszczyk is being used and how he's been producing this year? The guy is fast, and he's being utilized as a receiver now too.
anyway, getting back on point, I agree that the carries Zeke gets just means one less down to get that precious first down. I love his warrior mentality of always being available, but at this point he's bringing nothing to the table. Where Pollard's pass protection was disgusting early in the season, even his blocking has improved to the point that he's not a liability in passing downs where he needs to pick up a blitzer. We've all see the burst of power and speed Davis brings, and it's definitely above what Zeke has given the team.

The one awesome stat for Zeke and Tony is that this season neither of them has lost a fumble. I guess that would be my only fear of Davis getting in there, is that he could fumble a ball away? But I don't think the team is suddenly going to shift away from Zeke and install Davis at this point in the season.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Just to say something positive concerning Elliott: When he picked up a third-and-1 early in the second quarter on our second TD drive, Buck announced that he was now 13 of 15 on picking up third-and-1. Not sure what Pollard's numbers are on those, but obviously our tendency is to go with the bruiser in those situations. I think he had at least one more later in the game, but also got stopped at the goal line on third down, so not sure what his numbers are now.
I think they need to get a young thumper in the draft who has some giddy up. Can't pay a dude $16M for 3rd and short or goal to go. He was stopped dead at LOS on some carries Monday Night as well.

stinkface

Reaction score
Sadly Zeke is now the running back version of Tom Brady. Can play in spurts, but the overall game is not near what it used to be.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I think they need to get a young thumper in the draft who has some giddy up. Can't pay a dude $16M for 3rd and short or goal to go. He was stopped dead at LOS on some carries Monday Night as well.
I wouldn't have a problem with that, but I think if we want to assure it happens, we'd have to spend no less than a third-round pick. We have fans who think just because we lucked out with Pollard in the fourth round that means we can automatically find one in the later rounds when draft success rates show that isn't the case. Even the second and third rounds are hit and miss.

I do like what we've seen from Malik Davis in limited action, though, so I'd be a little more comfortable taking a later-round risk because of that, but we don't know how well he'd handle a bigger role. I wanted to see us use him more in the last game against Washington, but considering how we played at Washington, I don't think we would have learned much.

XXLMike

Reaction score
No more treads on his tires. I was hoping his poor play down the stretch of the regular season was just him saving himself for the playoffs, but he still looked washed last night.

A good team - a real smart team - a Bill Bellichick team would have a 10 play package built in for Malik Davis by now .
Giving us 3 options.

Davis & Turpin speed are needed .

CWR

Reaction score
I've always appreciated Zeke, but we are a much better offense with Pollard.

At the least I'd prefer we recognize the hot hand and let them be more ball dominant.

Zordon

Reaction score
The Cowboys FO renewed my faith last year when they realized what Jaylon Smith was and cut bait. They need to make the same call with Zeke.
The difference is Zeke, despite his poor production, is still a respected player in the locker room for his work ethic and toughness. Jaylon was just an all-around clown who had no redeeming qualities.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
The Cowboys FO renewed my faith last year when they realized what Jaylon Smith was and cut bait. They need to make the same call with Zeke.
Just like the Rams cut bait w Gurley and ate every penny of that dead money.

I woulda drafted the top rb w that #1 pick last year when Zeke limped out of that SF game w 35 yards lol

I betcha Todd Gurley is Zeke's favorite player of ALL TIME $$$ btw

MaineBoy

Reaction score
This is where coaching matters. Play to win and limit Zeke to the tough couple of yards and a swing pass or two, give Davis some of Zekes touches, and feature Pollard. And someone tell KM there’s no rule against getting a couple of passes to Pollard in space, something people have been asking about for couple of years.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
"Poor" Zeke, I think it was mental aspect of the game that changed after he got his huge contract.

He's pretty much been on cruise control and sabbatical the past few years. He's good for a few good tough runs but not 15-20 carries consistent that would've warrant his contract.

He did get at a couple first downs on Monday though. Granted they were of the very short runs.

All around production <<< contract $$$. The bottom line.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Elliott:

On 3rd down
30 attempts 158 yards 5.3 ypc 3 TDs

On 4th down
4 attempts 28 yards 7.0 ypc 0 TDs

In the redzone
35 attempts 97 yards 2.8 ypc 12 TDs

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No more treads on his tires. I was hoping his poor play down the stretch of the regular season was just him saving himself for the playoffs, but he still looked washed last night.

At this point Old CowboyRoy looks that much smarter than everyone else. Was telling this board 2 years ago that Pollard was the better back when people were still telling me worn out Zeke was still the best RB in the NFL.

Zeke sucks. Thats just the bottom line truth. His loyal fans be damned. Every time you give the ball to Zeke its a wasted play.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Let’s be honest Zeke has been a bust. Best year was as a rookie. Downhill since. He embarrassed the organization several times. The contract holdout was a joke. Never shined in a big game. The suspension and then he comes back out of shape. He looks absolutely shot at 27 years old. Now the guy is a roster albatross. I wish he was never a Cowboy. Truly a wasted talent.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
A good team - a real smart team - a Bill Bellichick team would have a 10 play package built in for Malik Davis by now .
Giving us 3 options.

Davis & Turpin speed are needed .
Why not line up Turpin and give him a couple jet sweeps? Good idea.

Zordon

Reaction score
At this point Old CowboyRoy looks that much smarter than everyone else. Was telling this board 2 years ago that Pollard was the better back when people were still telling me worn out Zeke was still the best RB in the NFL.

Zeke sucks. Thats just the bottom line truth. His loyal fans be damned. Every time you give the ball to Zeke its a wasted play.
I'll give you that. You were early on this. I just wish the FO didn't double down and do the restructure.