Zeke's longest run the past 3 weeks

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's a team sport. You don't know Zeke and you assume so much about him. You ignore teams still believe the way to beat this team is to shut down Zeke. You anoint the line, and surely ignore when the defense is waiting on Zeke at the line of scrimmage to gang tackle him.

There are a number of people on this site that don't understand the clockwork of pro football and how all the gears mesh to make a winner. Not just one gear.

Disappointment looking for a scapegoat has no brush with facts. It's just emotional ranting.

You talk about "not knowing Zeke", but you sure pretend to know the intentions of people on this board....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder what team forum members are routing for.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
You talk about "not knowing Zeke", but you sure pretend to know the intentions of people on this board....

I read. I can read what you post and discern if it is poorly written and meaning obscured, or your intent is evident. You, like others, just pile on to Zeke, or Witten (something new) or Connor Williams, or any number of players that don't win every battle.

The problem with this team is leadership, no guts, no insight into the game and where you stand, and playing it safe. Motivation is a huge factor about this team. That is evident as well by the way the team is run by their head coach. And that sniveling, gutless attitude seeps into every coach and player when the leader is overly cautious, makes excuses and throws people under the bus, and is essentially Rowdy without a costume.

Create holes and Zeke will thrive. Allow the defenders to crash through and hit him behind the line and he will continue to be stopped.

Keep Garrett and every year after this one will be more of the same. Mediocrity stays almost constant with this team. Lose a bunch and you get to draft at the top. Win a bunch and you get a chance at trophies. But be just good enough to stay in or near the middle with a spineless head coach, and we see twenty plus years of this behavior.

It isn't Zeke.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
....explain why Zeke can't get to the second level. Zeke gets the "rushing title" because of volume, Zeke's season last year wasn't as good as Barkley's. His longest run the past 3 seasons has been 41 yards. His longest for his career is 60 and that was his rookie season.

I'm not calling Henry the greatest, I am asking why a 4.53 guy that is 6-3 who could barely finish a cone drill is capable of having multiple house calls and Zeke struggles to get a 10+ yard run....

"It's the O-line" - I'm really dang glad a back we took in the top 5, got a big contract, needs gaping holes to run through to do damage.

Barkley? Lmao. He's the king of feast or fathom. He's terrible at being consistent. If he isn't breaking off a long run, he's useless.

I love how you put the rushing title in quotes like it was fake and fabricated. Pretty sure the rushing title is given to the guy who has the most rushing yards. It isn't given for who had the most lengthy runs or flashy plays.

Only on this site can someone actually gripe about a player getting a rushing title and moaning that he wants to see more long runs like he is playing Madden.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Barkley? Lmao. He's the king of feast or fathom. He's terrible at being consistent. If he isn't breaking off a long run, he's useless.

I love how you put the rushing title in quotes like it was fake and fabricated. Pretty sure the rushing title is given to the guy who has the most rushing yards. It isn't given for who had the most lengthy runs or flashy plays.

Only on this site can someone actually gripe about a player getting a rushing title and moaning that he wants to see more long runs like he is playing Madden.

....cool, so how is overrated taking it to the house last year behind a terrible O-Line? And only on this site would someone thinks a RB only having 1 20+ yard run on the year is acceptable.

Try to excuse it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
If anyone tunes into the NFL and expect flashy 80yard runs, then they are pretty ignorant. Go watch high school for that. Not going to happen with any regularity at this level.

Nobody expects an 80+ yarder every week. How about a single 60 yard TD in 3 years? Still too much? K, how about more than 1 20+ yard run in a season?

Glad we are paying an RB $100 million for those "tough 5 yards"