Zeke's still the best

stuckindc

Reaction score
Zeke looked like a completely different player last night than we’ve seen so far this season. He ran hard, with intent, showed burst, lowered the shoulder and fought for extra yards, etc. Frankly, he looked like he gave a damn. Played inspired. More of that please... cause he’d been rather unimpressive in most of our games up to that point.
It looked like he started being his old self last week against the Jets. I think missing training camp was an issue...he is finally in that "game Shape " that people speak of.

Iago33

Reaction score
Zeke is still the best back in the league

Philly had a top 5 rushing defense coming in to this game.

Our best player torched them for 110 yards on 5ypc. Dalvin Cook only had 41 yards against this same defense just last week...

He has never lost to the Eagles. He owns them :star:

That is all :grin:
I’ve been critical of Zeke. He looked like he wanted it last night and looked like the Zeke we paid for. That’s the first time this year he’s looked like what we paid for, and though.

stuckindc

Reaction score
No one tries to run against them. We did and was successful
I think it was Collinsworth that was talking about this...he was saying how their secondary got torched last week against the Vikings so as to not let that happen again they put a lot more focus on stopping the Cowboys from being able to pass..Cowboys did what they're built to do and ran..blocked well and opened some lanes. Much better play calling ...

Fontaine

Reaction score
Let’s not forget the impact of a healthy O line, and that’s not taking anything away from zeke. He still has to hit the holes and power through, which he done on a lot of runs. Guy is a beast for sure.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well, let's ALL hope this OC and HC add wrinkles to the formations we ran. If not were going to see more of the same. You simply can't use it over and over in this league. I hope Moore just adds more wrinkles to what the other teams "think" they see in our formation and then we do the total opposite...

aikemirv

Reaction score
guess im in the minority here

i actually loved carter/hambrick QB/RB duo

I have a small little corner of my heart there for QC. I had been to a lot of Cowboy games in the late 80's and very early 90's - all loses.

Did not start going to Cowboy games again til after the Super Bowls. Quincy vs Commanders was the first Cowboy game I went to that was a win.

khiladi

Reaction score
When Dallas feeds the ball to Zeke CONSISTENTLY, he wears down the defense. There is NO REASON to get away from the run early.

He even did it last week too when they Cowboys started off the third with 9 of 12 plays being runs by Zeke, eating up seven minutes of the clock wearing down the defensive line and giving Dak time to throw.

The problem is when they get too cute.

khiladi

Reaction score
It looked like he started being his old self last week against the Jets. I think missing training camp was an issue...he is finally in that "game Shape " that people speak of.

He has over 80 yards in the first half against Miami I believe.

khiladi

Reaction score
I think it was Collinsworth that was talking about this...he was saying how their secondary got torched last week against the Vikings so as to not let that happen again they put a lot more focus on stopping the Cowboys from being able to pass..Cowboys did what they're built to do and ran..blocked well and opened some lanes. Much better play calling ...

They’ve been getting torched all year. That’s why they tried to sell the house for Ramsey and they didn’t change anything defensively. They played like they normally do, which is one deep safety and man on the outside, leaving guys like Cooper in one on one all day.

1. They even played cover 0 in the red zone, where Dak saw it, audibles and had Cobb wide open. It was pitch and catch and easy to see.

2. The Cooper diving catch was a third and six, against, one deep safety, man on the outside, their CB alone on an island against Zeke and in scoring positing. Absolutely stupid defensive call exposing their CBS in situations they don’t need to.

stuckindc

Reaction score
He has over 80 yards in the first half against Miami I believe.
ya and Pollard ran for over 100 against the Phins...so I don't think it took much effort. My point was Zeke was running with the power, explosion , violent nature we're accustom to in the Jets game. I think it took a couple weeks to get to his normal self...seems to show the last couple games.

khiladi

Reaction score
ya and Pollard ran for over 100 against the Phins...so I don't think it took much effort. My point was Zeke was running with the power, explosion , violent nature we're accustom to in the Jets game. I think it took a couple weeks to get to his normal self...seems to show the last couple games.

Zeke actually started off the season better than his last three years in terms of yardage.

Further, Pollard got his, because his attempts went up in the second half after the game was out of reach and the Dolphins front was completely exhausted. Miami was basically exhausted and than Moore completely confused them by going hurry up to start the third with Dak. If anybody pays attention, Zeke’s true impact is felt on defenses by the middle of the third onward.

He’s akin to Emmitt, in that by the end of the games, defenses are just pounded into submission. All Dak has to do is move the chains here and there.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
i was told it was all luck regarding injurues to backs. Zeke still takes crazy shots and gets up while everybody else gets hurt. Interesting. Kamara the newest victim. Mcaffrey the only guy to not miss games. We'll see. Zeke is indestructible
Famous last words...

stuckindc

Reaction score
because Pollard got the ball in the second half after the game was out of reach and the Dolphins front was completely exhausted. If anybody pays attention, Zeke’s true impact is felt on defenses by the middle of the third onward.

he’s akin to Emmitt, in that by the end of the games, defenses are just pounded into submission. All Dak has to do is move the chains here and there.
absolutely agree..I was just saying that it seems Zeke is in his aggressive league leading rusher mode...slamming into defenders and getting through the he holes quicker and more violently...but it took him a couple weeks as he missed TC. But yes...I agree in how he wears down the defenses... I'm right there with ya