Zero chance Rush takes Dak's job

jgboys1

Reaction score
When Dak gets back and he struggles then next training camp there unlikely but might look at Rush more seriously . I would be shocked
If Rush continues to play well I am sure another team will make him an offer that the Cowboys will not match. Cowboys can not afford to pay 2 QB's top dollar. The Cowboys have decided that Dak is their guy so they will live or die with Dak.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hate to break it to some of you but Cooper Rush isn’t our future.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Under no circumstance will the Cowboys sit Dak for Rush. They may delay his return for a week or two, but talking about replacing him with Rush, is ridiculous. How dumb would that make the Jones look? They care more about saving face than winning.
Of course.
Not sure how anyone can even entertain the thought.
Just not happening.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Under no circumstance will the Cowboys sit Dak for Rush. They may delay his return for a week or two, but talking about replacing him with Rush, is ridiculous. How dumb would that make the Jones look? They care more about saving face than winning.

Well, that is the whole problem in Dallas. The Jones boys have too much skin in the game on Dak. They annointed him with that huge contract and benching him in favor of a QB who they recently exposed to waivers is more egg than they can handle. You can bet it won't be the coaches making the call at QB.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
If Rush continues to play well I am sure another team will make him an offer that the Cowboys will not match. Cowboys can not afford to pay 2 QB's top dollar. The Cowboys have decided that Dak is their guy so they will live or die with Dak.
Cooper Rush Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, …

Cooper Rush signed a 2 year, $1,955,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including an average annual salary of $977,500. In 2022, Rush will earn a base salary of $1,035,000, while carrying a cap hit of $977,500.
So your probably right after this season

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
It would be best to start looking to trade Dak while his value is still there! The more he continues to s*** the bed (just like like Johnny Depps wife did), value will go down, there will be less/no interested parties, and we'll be stuck with his contract and bad play for a few more years!

Acceptablename

Reaction score
It would be best to start looking to trade Dak while his value is still there! The more he continues to s*** the bed (just like like Johnny Depps wife did), value will go down, there will be less/no interested parties, and we'll be stuck with his contract and bad play for a few more years!
:omg:

starfan1

Reaction score
How dumb would they look if Rush wins a few more games, Dak comes back and Dallas begins losing? While Dak is a better QB than Rush in most measurables, clearly something is going on that has allowed Rush to help Dallas succeed.
easier competition

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It will make the Jones look a lot more dumb if after 6 games we're 3-0 with Rush at QB and 0-3 with Dak at QB.
That will definitely trigger the QB controversy.
Some think that will be entertaining, and rather you're a lover, hater or somewhere just in between, a mid season QB controversy is never what you want to see happen.
Either way, I hope when they make the decision, they decide to stay with it.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
No way Jerry is gonna pay Dak 40mill to ride the pine.
Just look at his comment about zeke carrying the load
When Pollard is clearly the better RB.
This front office is an obstacle to overcome.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
That will definitely trigger the QB controversy.
Some think that will be entertaining, and rather you're a lover, hater or somewhere just in between, a mid season QB controversy is never what you want to see happen.
Either way, I hope when they make the decision, they decide to stay with it.
What happens if dak comes back and they start losing?
Gonna get real ugly real fast.
Fans will be upset.

BigD_95

Reaction score

I agree. I mean Pollard wont take Zeke's job even though he is clearly better

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
1) Dak has a no trade clause in his deal
2) The Cowboys are still stuck with a massive amount of dead money. It would make more sense to keep Dak on as a high dollar backup than trade him this year.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Rush is doing a fine job. And if he won a few more games he may earn a starting job somewhere. But it looks like we have a O-Line that has really improved. Dak comes back he should be just fine if our playcalling, O-Line and run game stays strong. Maybe a win streak again..
As long as Dak does not hold the ball for 10 seconds in the pocket.