Zero chance Tyron plays

nobody

Reaction score
Just seems like a good older player that doesn't want to get hurt before the playoffs and is taking it easy. You see it all the time. Does it suck? Yes. Do they need to move on from him? yes. But at this rate he'll be fully healthy if they make the playoffs.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
not "Zero" chance

VrxIyEk.gif

Is there a line that lets you bet he wont finish the game?

krs1bro

Reaction score
Please cut the cord already. We don't know else to say.....thank you for the past.

pitt33

Reaction score
I don't think he's sniffing the hall of fame. He was one of the best in the league in his prime when healthy, but the lack of longevity and lack of overall team success will hold him out, in my opinion.
I agree.

Some people on this site can’t imagine he won’t get in.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Didn’t Tyler Smith miss two games? Zach missed ones. Biadasz missed one.

I would argue that Tyron’s status reports have a bigger impact on the Zone than they do on the team.

We just love to get out the pitchforks
Tyron’s status doesn’t have a large impact on the team? That would suggest his absence isn’t that large of an issue, no?

They obviously have a big impact here bc it sheds light on the missed opportunity to move on from Tyron this offseason.

The pitchforks are an easy one here, not that difficult to see availability and sensible cap management when thinking of Tyron.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He’s making 6 million this year. He’s restructured his deal to the benefit of the team three or four times since he signed it ten years ago.

He’s got like a million coming next year with a couple million more deferred to it.

It’s been one of the best contracts the Cowboys have ever had.

Cutting every player who gets on the bad side of the Zone isn’t good cap management.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Hasn’t played a snap in 3 weeks and still can’t even practice. I would rather they IR him now and revisit him come December
Next man up. The fuhrer decided to keep re-signing a washed up but future HOF’er who hasn’t played a complete season in forever.

How bout them Rangers!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I have a long leash because I love the guy, but it’s getting ridiculous.

He won’t be on the team next year.
Should not be on the team next year .
But you know how we like our guys.
Jerry has a hard time saying good bye.

T-RO

Reaction score
Is Tyron even that good when he does play? Am I missing something?
Top 20% of Left Tackles. Easy. Still at his age and situation. PFF and all manner of pundits will tell you the same.

That's why the Cowboys hold onto him. They hope he can deliver in some big games and be there come playoff time.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
Honestly, I’m tired of his unreliable broken down body.

Hang it up Tyron.
Why should he? As long as the idiot GM keeps paying him to sit out games I would keep going to. They should have moved on from in the off season and drafted accordingly.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Tyron is going to be questionable status every week, what is so unsettling about this news?
We are likely down to our 3rd string rookie tackle against one of the best defensive fronts in the league?

Creeper

Reaction score
I just plan on him not playing. 2 games on, 2 or 3 games off seems to be his regular schedule now. If he plays this week, I will be pleasantly surprised. But regardless of what the Cowboys say, I am planning on seeing him in street clothes Sunday.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Unbelievable. Hasn’t played a snap in 3 weeks and still can’t even practice. I would rather they IR him now and revisit him come December
you gotta put yourself in a corner with the zero chance literally would say he's out it does not say that on his status therefore he has at least a 1% chance to play if not 5050 as it stands and what is it your business anyway on what the coaches decide to do with the roster the players and how they list them and whether they should be on the team or not you might wanna get over yourself and that goes for everyone in here it's ridiculous the man wants to play he took a huge pay cut when he's on the field he's still one of our better left tackles for now and we'll just move on from here....

No amount of whining complaining in public is going to change that fact you know nothing about what goes on with the status of a player and saying zero and have to have a special thread for it it's just makes you an extra special poster... :facepalm: :popcorn:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Since Dak entered the league in 2016, Tyron Smith has not played a full season for the Cowboys due to injuries.

This is not a Tyron Smith issue. This is a front office issue. How many years in a row would the average GM count on a player who continually breaks down before making plans to draft his replacement?

What is the difference between cutting the player and eating the dead money, or keeping the player on the roster as the player stands in street clothes and continues to take a roster spot?
Tyler Smith was already drafted and already played left tackle he's already here that was a total fail of a statement and I Asim Richards looks like a quality player, we don't know yet but when we see him play we'll figure it out they have drafted many many many offensive lineman over the last five seasons there's a whole bunch with potential sitting on this team right now

care to complain harder and try harder to be wrong because they're here in an emergency they're here they wanted to get their best five on the field and they felt like at the time that was tyron Smith and with Tyler moving over now playing at a high level at left guard he can easily go back out to left tackle if needed...

I would leave him there though, and again we don't know Richards could have a bright future here yeah we're gonna have to take a few lumps I mean the guy gets on the field for the first time as a rookie he's gotta play through it all players have to most of them are not NFL ready day one but don't act like they have not drafted players they literally drafted Tyler Smith two years ago to be tyrone's replacement he's here already what's your point what's anyone's point for making posts like this in the first place we need a zero chance Tyrone plays post all by itself from some fan who doesn't know anything about the inner workings of roster status for gametime...

And before you come back with nonsense that I keep hearing that you have to draft one in the first round you have to have a can't miss player for left tackle because you surely can't build them anywhere else in the draft or has undrafted free agents that would be already proven wrong on this team other teams you cannot have 5 Pro Bowl players along the line you cannot have Pro Bowl players at all starting 22 positions or their backups it is just not possible with a hard salary cap and a 53 man roster limit therefore some of the players I mentioned have a shot to fill these positions we're debating here today...
Just wanted to make sure some of you just kept that top of mind when you keep thinking they could just go draft a Pro Bowl player and hit on them right away and that we should do it at every position even though it's not always possible to do so...

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
you gotta put yourself in a corner with the zero chance literally would say he's out it does not say that on his status therefore he has at least a 1% chance to play if not 5050 as it stands and what is it your business anyway on what the coaches decide to do with the roster the players and how they list them and whether they should be on the team or not you might wanna get over yourself and that goes for everyone in here it's ridiculous the man wants to play he took a huge pay cut when he's on the field he's still one of our better left tackles for now and we'll just move on from here....

No amount of whining complaining in public is going to change that fact you know nothing about what goes on with the status of a player and saying zero and have to have a special thread for it it's just makes you an extra special poster... :facepalm: :popcorn:
Take a look at the definition insanity and get back to me. Seriously though, no intent to get into it with anyone on here, we are all on the same team. Hope you have a wonderful weekend