Zierlein: Believe it's Bosa to Cowboys

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
For sure. In a trade back that still keeps us in front of the Eagles, I agree. Never say never, as you said.

I am like you, I wanted the QB but I am flexible with options @4 and with reference to a trade down.

endersdragon

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of evidence that says Ramsey is our #1 prospect... the Rams trade just made it immensely more likely that Ramsey makes it to us (Chargers like him, but I think they like Tunsil more)... why would be pick Bosa?

conner01

Reaction score
I like Bosa and I think he will be a better player than most think. But either Ramsey or tunsil will be there. If Ramsey is there I think will be the pick, if tunsil is there then the option to trade down will be there. Either way as much as I like Bosa the value of trading down a few spots or the higher rated player in Ramsey would be hard for me to pass up.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Goff or Wentz is there at four and we pass on them, we will rue.....

What if Goff/Wentz is there, and we start a trade ware between SF and PHI and then trade the pick to SF for their #7 and their fourth and next year's #1. Then take Zeke, hope SF stinks, and use the two #1s next year to find Romo's replacement? That'd give us Zeke and a defender this year and the ammunition we'd need next year to get most of the way to Romo's replacement. Or we flip that future 1st to the Jets or the Titans along with our 2nd and try to get in position for Lynch?

Just throwing stuff against the wall to see if I can get anything to stick.

Kaiser

Reaction score
What if Goff/Wentz is there, and we start a trade ware between SF and PHI and then trade the pick to SF for their #7 and their fourth and next year's #1. Then take Zeke, hope SF stinks, and use the two #1s next year to find Romo's replacement? That'd give us Zeke and a defender this year and the ammunition we'd need next year to get most of the way to Romo's replacement. Or we flip that future 1st to the Jets or the Titans along with our 2nd and try to get in position for Lynch?

I would do that trade, even if Zeke isn't there there are good RBs in the 3rd and players equal to Zeke who will be available at 7.

Also there are teams that have Lynch rated higher than Good and/or Wentz on their boards, if the Cowboys rate Lynch highly they could take him at 7 and have the high upside QB to groom going forward.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would do that trade, even if Zeke isn't there there are good RBs in the 3rd and players equal to Zeke who will be available at 7.

Also there are teams that have Lynch rated higher than Good and/or Wentz on their boards, if the Cowboys rate Lynch highly they could take him at 7 and have the high upside QB to groom going forward.

Yeah, the move back to get Lynch/Elliot/Spence/Whatever makes it a lot more palatable. Maybe if the QB is there and it's not the one we want, we'll have a bit of leverage to do it. I think we might be as high on Wentz as some suspect (that's a wild-*** guess there). But if SF and/or PHI really want him. Or if Tunsil is there, you could see getting decent value next year in a small trade back. If we were to net a first in the deal somehow, that'd have me feeling better about not getting one of the QBs. Though we'd still need to sign somebody to compete with Moore.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Happy dance if true.....my guess it isn't though so I will sit sad, alone staring out my kitchen window wondering what might have been.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm on board since the Rams move pretty much puts QB out of the mix.

The board will doubtlessly be respectful and supportive once the pick is made.

I hear Risen's already ordered a Bosa jersey, while Stash is doing the Bosa shrug. (Oh, wait ... I think he's just shrugging.)

Catch will be on board because he's caught up in Wentz he'll convince himself we actually drafted him.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we're stuck and Ramsey is gone then I think it's Bosa.

Dallas would try to trade out though and take another DL or Zeke imo.

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score

something to think about.....Jerry Jones has never traded out of a Top 10 pick....odds say he will stay at 4

Q_the_man

Reaction score
I don't put any stock in Zierlein here, but I'd be ok with Bosa, too. He's a good player at a position of need and would be a safe picks for us. Hard to knock it too much.

I also think he ends up being a pretty dang good player in a rotation for a long time. The kind of guy who can get his own pressure and also help other players out along the DL. Don't know what the Marinelli reports might indicate, but I think we could do a lot worse in a draft with a lot of uncertainty in the top 5 picks.

Wasn't Claiborne suppose to be a safest pick? I don't want a safe pick. To me a safe pick means little to no upside, maybe solid starter. I don't want safe at #4 I want potential Stardom. I'll take a safe pick rounds 2-7

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wasn't Claiborne suppose to be a safest pick? I don't want a safe pick. To me a safe pick means little to no upside, maybe solid starter. I don't want safe at #4 I want potential Stardom. I'll take a safe pick rounds 2-7

I'm the opposite. Big contract, many needs. Let's just not miss. We can take risks later in the draft if we can't help ourselves.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I wonder what Marinelli really thinks of Bosa,he doesnt like dlinemen on the ground and Bosa is so hyper out there that he falls down a lot,its not a big flaw but i bet he doesnt like it .

gmoney112

Reaction score
I wasn't on board with Bosa really until I realized he's not even turning 21 until July.

I also rewatched part of the Michigan State game. For how good the OSU defense was, they were terrified of Bosa. 3 step drops, running away from him, double teams.

And he's 20. If you think he can play at a high level into his 30's, holding the LDE position down for 12 years, while playing some RDE when he gets better, and giving you a legit pass rush at under tackle on passing downs... It's hard to pass up.

I'd still take a QB -> Ramsey before him, but I think he's going to be a good pro. The weed stuff is worrisome though, but he did have the maturity to move out of Ezekiels place because he realized it was counter productive. The same guy so many on this board want.