Zierlein: Believe it's Bosa to Cowboys

btcutter

Reaction score
None of us know anything as gospel and we won't until 3 years or so of watching the picks perform. But the consistent scouting on Bosa is exactly the lower ceiling/higher floor I mentioned.

And Bosa's numbers are very good against second tier teams but average against the top teams, something that doesn't bode well for a big improvement against better players in the NFL.

Better teams know how to scheme against Ohio St. Over the course of his career in general he's done well. He's knock to me is that "bend" that everyone loves to talk about. He doesn't have world class bend around the corner ability but doesn't mean he can't do it especially when the opposing tackle also has to be very war of his bull rush and inside moves. That's what make him better.
I watched him, Lawson, Buckner. Really no comparison. Bosa far better hands down. Once this kids get an arm on you you are not getting away.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can only draft who's available. If there isn't franchise altering players in the top other teams can see that too. Why the heck would they trade with you ?

This theory of trading down sounds great but other teams aren't stupid. You need a trading partner. They will want a good deal too or else you better be ready to take a player or trade out for lesser value.

Yeah you're preaching to the choir. I said try to trade out. Because all it takes is one team to disagree and you have a trade offer.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I don't get the Greg Ellis comparisons. Not that Greg wasn't a good player in his own right for a while there, but I don't see the connection other than people don't expect Bosa to get double-digit sacks for whatever reason.

Agreed

8, 12.5, 7 sacks for Greg Ellis in his last 3 seasons. In todays nfl, thats worth like 8-10 mill a year.

Manster68

Reaction score
If Dallas uses the #4 pick - he better be a superstar.
If Dallas selects Bosa at #4 - he better produce like Demarcus Ware or Jared Allen.
You can say similar stuff for the other possible selections at #4.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dallas uses the #4 pick - he better be a superstar.
If Dallas selects Bosa at #4 - he better produce like Demarcus Ware or Jared Allen.
You can say similar stuff for the other possible selections at #4.

Those guys aren't in this draft. I'd be very happy with a sometime pro bowler at a position of need at four.