Zimmer to unleash Double A GAP Package!

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Quin is a good coach. Zimmer is a god coach. Dallas has some good-great players on defense. What will set Zimmer's defense here apart is what this defense does in the postseason if they can even get there.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Well said, and Parsons flexibility is the key to this scheme now, just as it should be, but more so now with some depth at LB and being able to move Bell back to his natural position at safety, the back seven improves.
We have added responsibilities for actual LB assistance now to allow MP to roam.
I do think Zimmer is going to want to play Parsons at linebacker (probably strongside) when we are in the 4-3, but I don't think he'll treat him as a linebacker. He's going to be the guy stepping into gaps and coming up on the edge while we have another player drop into his zone/gap. I will be surprised if he just makes him an RDE, although he'll probably be playing one of the end spots when we are in the nickel. I don't expect Parsons to drop in coverage that much or be hanging back to read and react and play the run, but we'll run "blitz" him and pass "blitz" him a lot while lesser pass rushers move into the linebacker responsibilities.

Proof

Reaction score
I bang whatever I want, he's not doubled every single play, have a great day!
no one has said he's doubled every single play. the numbers show he's doubled as much or more than anyone else in the league. but that's not even the point i was making. enjoy being incorrect though.