Zimmer to unleash Double A GAP Package!

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
I wonder if he realizes Mazi likes to stay frozen in his stance 2 to 3 seconds after the ball is snapped.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The Double A Gap concept only works if an offense respects the two interior tackles.

I know I would not respect whatever player they are going to send if I can simply erase one of the players inside.

It is nice to think about, but it will be extremely difficult to pull off with the current personnel.

pitt33

Reaction score
If Parsons is to be reinvented, can we get a version that is relevant past November?
The defense as a whole wasn’t relevant after November.

And there in lies the rub with having a defense built on speed and lacking size.

They wore down.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Is he releasing it in the Jones Party Bus ? ....... cause if so ........ gross

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Weren't we already doing this under the previous coordinator??? What a great way to tip off our opponents!!

23e.jpg

SB here we come baby!!!!

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Weren't we already doing this under the previous coordinator??? What a great way to tip off our opponents!!

It doesn't really tip off anything. Any team that's ever faced Zimmer knows what he runs. The Double A gap package is just an alignment. There are a variety of moves he can make with it.

I actually think he'll do a variation of it here because he'll want to "blitz" Parsons as a linebacker on most downs.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If you count sacks and turnovers Quinn certainly improved the defense but when you consider playoffs he failed miserably. Look at all the playoff loses under Quinn. Teams manhandled the defense repeatedly.
Everything we do well during the regular season doesn’t show up in the playoffs. The defense never shows up in the playoffs. I can’t remember the last we had a “great” defensive performance in the playoffs. Even in the blowout over Tampa in 2022, Brady still put up 350 yards and a couple of TDs. We bent but we didn’t break.

leeblair

Reaction score

I can't understand how suddenly Dan Quinn was so bad and now Zim is going to save the day.
I like Zimmer, but I really believe that those who are so anxious to declare him a bust are really trying and hoping to deflect blame from another issue and hoping to have all of the blame for last year and the year before fall on Quinn.
Sad.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
This Lb that everybody says we reached for - that guy was 100% a Zimmer pick and specifically selected to sugar the A gaps
Letting DC’s select picks got us Taco, Mazi, Nashon Wright and even trading up to take Eric Scott

sandbridge77

Reaction score
I can't understand how suddenly Dan Quinn was so bad and now Zim is going to save the day.
I like Zimmer, but I really believe that those who are so anxious to declare him a bust are really trying and hoping to deflect blame from another issue and hoping to have all of the blame for last year and the year before fall on Quinn.
Sad.
Cowboy fans love their coordinators, until they don’t