Zimmer to unleash Double A GAP Package!

JBS

Reaction score
You won’t be seeing parsons sugaring the A gaps. It makes almost no sense. Those lbs drop into coverage just as often, if not more often than they actually blitz. It would be quite stupid to use parsons that way.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If Parsons is to be reinvented, can we get a version that is relevant past November?
He’s done virtually nothing in the playoffs. One sack and only 4 QB hits in four playoff games. :confused:

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Now that their opponents know (they already did), hopefully this will allow the LB-ers to get to the RB five yards downfield instead of 15 yards downfield.

They need DTs!! :facepalm:

Rayman70

Reaction score
The 31 other teams have decades worth of film on Zimmer running the double A gap stuff. Believe me, they expected it already before Fish said anything. Like always, Fisher is a day late and a dollar short. Brings nothing new to the fold.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Now that their opponents know (they already did), hopefully this will allow the LB-ers to get to the RB five yards downfield instead of 15 yards downfield.

They need DTs!! :facepalm:
exactly. We need at least 1 proven guy in the middle. Until we address this, we are in some deep doo doo. I do like 7th rounder Justin Rogers. Hes a big boy, an immovable object,takes up blockers so the linebackers can do their thang.I watched several Auburn games and Kentucky games, the kid is super strong and has a lower trunk like a dumpster full of dirt. We hear all the time all the hype about hidden gems, but in this case, its legit. Many guys had him listed as a late 4t or mid 5th rd guy. Sometimes good players slip between the cracks. He has a chance to be a rotational guy, pending camp and preseason.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if we address cb and DT still, and do it the right way, meaning resign Gilmore or sign Xavien Howard, then see what proven guy gets cut post June 1 at DT, we can be surprising this year actually.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Zimmer has plenty of his own flaws. You obviously aren’t familiar w his work in Minny
That's why I don't get all the ZIM IS HERE he's going to do this and that oh please, let's see what happens first

Buzzbait

Reaction score
That's why I don't get all the ZIM IS HERE he's going to do this and that oh please, let's see what happens first
People are just hopeful and optimistic. Personally I don't know how Zimmer could be any worse than DQ was.
What DQ did with that Green Bay game last year was the last straw as far as I'm concerned. I'm ready to give Zimmer a shot at it.
Not only that but I'm sick and tired of DQ's style of undersized DL players. Zimmer's already off to a better start.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Quinn certainly did improve the defense. However, I’m not sold Zimmer will take the defense to a level that’s needed for the Cowboys to go deep in the playoffs.
If you count sacks and turnovers Quinn certainly improved the defense but when you consider playoffs he failed miserably. Look at all the playoff loses under Quinn. Teams manhandled the defense repeatedly.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
He’s done virtually nothing in the playoffs. One sack and only 4 QB hits in four playoff games. :confused:
That’s because teams are running all over the Cowboys. Pass rush is moot at that point.

J-man

Reaction score
This sounds a lot like double secret probation

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
lol Zimmer didn't invent the double A gap. That was a Jim Johnson staple for years, and he didn't invent it.