Zoners: An APOLOGY is required today!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

A certain #41 CB Terrance Newman owes Coach Campo an apology for several reasons. I could not believe he shoved our coach on National TV!

#1 – Newman is supposed to be a professional and leader of our D.

#2 – Newman should set the example to our young CBs (Will Jenkins/Scandrick feel it is A-ok to shove our coaches in the future?:(

#3 – Most important, all High School kids need to hear an apology from Mr. Newman to his coach that even in the heat of battle it is NOT ever OK to disrespect your coach!

What do you Zoners think?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I think they have already worked it out given the fact that a few seconds later they were in DB discussions on the bench and that making a public apology would be a poor idea.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3095487 said:
Zoners:

A certain #41 CB Terrance Newman owes Coach Campo an apology for several reasons. I could not believe he shoved our coach on National TV!

#2 – Newman should set the example to our young CBs (Will Jenkins/Scandrick feel it is A-ok to shove our coaches in the future?:(

#3 – Most important, all High School kids need to hear an apology from Mr. Newman to his coach that even in the heat of battle it is NOT ever OK to disrespect your coach!

I think it was the heat of the battle, soon after showing the blowup on the sideline the camera also showed Newman and Ball sitting down listening to Campo. I think there are many things taking place on the sideline viewers do not see

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Both men probably were "professionals" and worked things out during the heat of battle.

However, Terence Newman should probably sit out a quarter, a half or an entire game.

You just don't shove your Coach.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I am still trying to find out exactly what happened. It seems everyone is being tight-lipped.

Nav22

Reaction score
Yeah, this will totally give Jenkins and Scandrick the green light to rough Campo up as much as humanly possible. It'll definitely be a weekly problem for us from now on.

But hey, if Joe DeCamillis can keep coaching after the practice bubble collapsed on him, I figure Campo can tough it out through his weekly beatdown from our DBs.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;3095498 said:
I think they have already worked it out given the fact that a few seconds later they were in DB discussions on the bench and that making a public apology would be a poor idea.

I agree that they have already worked it out, however the fact is that Newman did it......heat of the game or not......he did a wrong.

He should be a man/leader and say he was wrong OR something to that affect.

A public apology would be a good idea for the simple fact the wrong doing happen in a public environment.

I only played sports on a High School level, however, you should never disrespect your coach on any level much less the professional level--PERIOD.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3095487 said:
Zoners:

Understand your thinking, but its in the heat of the battle. Now Newman does need to show better control while playing and on the sidelines. Example, this is a vet, suppose to be a leader on the team but remember the kicking the football a few games ago.

Newman cant do that!

Yet, just like wade said, its the heat of the battle, which needs to be kept in house and the locker room. Making it public would only add fuel to the fire. So, you cant do that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Yesterday, I was very critical of Newman. But having re-examined the play, even though Newman shouldn't have done what he did, he was merely shoving Campo's hands away from him. Saying he shoved, as in pushed, Campo isn't quite accurate.

True be told, in an emotional situation like that, Campo shouldn't have put his hand on Newman. Even so, Newman shouldn't have pushed his coach's hands away.

As such, a small fine - not a suspension - is warranted, IMO.

Manster68

Reaction score
I was very disappointed by that too. Hopefully, Hostile is right and they got it worked out.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3095513 said:
I agree that they have already worked it out, however the fact is that Newman did it......heat of the game or not......he did a wrong.

A public apology would be a good idea for the simple fact the wrong doing happen in a public environment.

I only played sports on a High School level, however, you should never disrespect your coach on any level much less the professional level--PERIOD.

what he needs to do if needs to be done, is for newman to apologize in front of the team in the locker room, where no media is etc. Then, you let it go. Hopefully, newman learns from it.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;3095498 said:

I believe in owning up to your mistakes. They were in DB discussions because that is their job.

I didn't even see what happen, but from what it sounds like Newman should address the public. He isn't the guy down the street. He plays for one of the highest profile teams on the planet. There are a lot of kids that look up to him, and he owes to every single parent of those kids.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I only played in High School, however, you should never disrespect your coach--PERIOD.

Phil Simms argued with Parcells quite a bit I don't recall any apology offered or even one expected. Was Newman wrong? Yes he was. He could have continued or started pouting he didn't he put it behind him and sat and listened to what Campo had to say

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
It happens. The Tuna once said that he and a player got into a fist fight. It is not excusable but football is emotional and sometimes tempers flare. No apology is needed.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
TheSkaven;3095505 said:
I am still trying to find out exactly what happened. It seems everyone is being tight-lipped.

I'll tell you what happened.

Newman set in a zone and didn't play the receiver and when he did that he gave up a 1st down on 3rd and long. Campo then went off on him which I think is completely awesome.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;3095529 said:
I'll tell you what happened.

Newman set in a zone and didn't play the receiver and when he did that he gave up a 1st down on 3rd and long. Campo then went off on him which I think is completely awesome.

I agree. Coaches are doing their job on the sidelines regardless of what some fans may think.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score

I disagree 100%. The sideline is not a "public area." Not one of us know what was said by either guy. The fact that the cameras caught it is coincidental.

They should have handled it behind closed doors and they have.

The public has no right to an apology.

starman22

Reaction score
TheSkaven;3095505 said:

I think this was a result of the 27 yard pass play that Newman gave up. I believe we had them in 3rd and long, we got a lot of pressure on Campbell, he scrambled and I guess Newman was sucked in toward the LOS and let his reciever go too early. I know was saying a few choice words when he did it, and Campo had every right to get in his face about it. I also thought he was just pushing Campo's hands away.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;3095520 said:
I believe in owning up to your mistakes. They were in DB discussions because that is their job.

I didn't even see what happen, but from what it sounds like Newman should address the public. He isn't the guy down the street. He plays for one of the highest profile teams on the planet. There are a lot of kids that look up to him, and he owes to every single parent of those kids.
You are going by what it sounds like in stating this firm opinion?

As with Crazy Cowboy, I disagree 100%. No public apology. I think that is a horrible idea in fact.