Zoners: An APOLOGY is required today!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bbgun;3098078 said:
Remember when Willie Blade shoved Parcells for grabbing his facemask in anger? Me neither.

http://apse.***BANNED-URL***/contest/2003/writing/dailyart/1221parcells5.jpg
No passion from the bum. No wonder he couldn't hack it.

I don't remember Parcells coaching games in his short pants.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RoadRunner;3097671 said:
Phil Simms never, EVER shoved Parcells. Hell, Parcells cut Bryant for throwing a jersey at him.

What Newman did is highly unprofessional. He needs to sit out a game for suspension, eat a 15 grand fine, and publicly apologize.

You’re entitled to your opinion. I do think Newman was wrong but I think people are trying to make more of it than there is. It was the heat of the moment and everything went back to normal a few minutes later.

Sometime I think making a big deal out of something is more damaging than letting it go.

If the Cowboys do reprimand Newman then it should be in house not a public flogging all that will do is create harsh feeling because no human wants to be put on public display and in the end those who do not care for Newman will not change their tunes so what did you really accomplish?

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3096886 said:
I agree. He is holding Newman accountable for his play. If Newman failed to carry out is assignment then it is the coach’s job to let him know it. This is not personal it is football. Had Newman continued or was pouting I would be concerned but shortly after the blowup they show Newman and the other DB listening to Campo at that point the controversy was over with.

First, treat your player like a man if you are a coach. If you bump them and shout in their face, you should expect that player to be upset.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
T-RO;3096871 said:
I bet even Newman himself today would think it's pathetic that you would say this.

It's called chain of command, dude.

Coaches are supposed to challenge their players and knowing Campo it was along the lines of "You are better than this, Terrence. Do your frikkin job!"

Challenge, yes - bump and yell in their face, no... Hands off and treat them like professionals. Of course you can yell, but their is a fine line...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
el_chevo;3098353 said:
First, treat your player like a man if you are a coach. If you bump them and shout in their face, you should expect that player to be upset.

Well players should not walk away when the coach is talking to you do that and he is going to grab you. In the end this is turning into more than it is, this would be a major problem is Newman was out there crying about it but he has not done that, he has put this behind him and is moving on as is the organization only people that seem to have an issue with it are those people who are not part of this team. They have a right to an opinion but they are not member of the Cowboys this is a in house issue and should remain as such.

el_chevo

El Serrano
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3098361 said:
Well players should not walk away when the coach is talking to you do that and he is going to grab you. In the end this is turning into more than it is, this would be a major problem is Newman was out there crying about it but he has not done that, he has put this behind him and is moving on as is the organization only people that seem to have an issue with it are those people who are not part of this team. They have a right to an opinion but they are not member of the Cowboys this is a in house issue and should remain as such.

Agreed 100%

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3098361 said:

:hammer:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I think it's best if they just handle the situations themselves, however they're going to, and not worry about whether the fans know about it or not.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3095487 said:
Zoners:

A certain #41 CB Terrance Newman owes Coach Campo an apology for several reasons. I could not believe he shoved our coach on National TV!

#1 – Newman is supposed to be a professional and leader of our D.

#2 – Newman should set the example to our young CBs (Will Jenkins/Scandrick feel it is A-ok to shove our coaches in the future?:(

#3 – Most important, all High School kids need to hear an apology from Mr. Newman to his coach that even in the heat of battle it is NOT ever OK to disrespect your coach!

What do you Zoners think?

I think alot is made up by the media just to create something they can write about.

It waysn't a big of a thing. They will handle this behind closed doors where i also think it belongs.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
TwentyOne;3098715 said:
I think alot is made up by the media just to create something they can write about.

It waysn't a big of a thing. They will handle this behind closed doors where i also think it belongs.

THe biggest stink about it that I saw was raised here. Much discussion about fines, suspensions, public apologies etc. The media has given it fairly small attnetion. It's time to move on people. Nothing happening here.:damn:

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
Hostile;3095586 said:
We will have to because I do. I think the more you air dirty laundry in public as opposed to behind closed doors the worse the fans and media will make out the original problem to be. Did you not learn anything from the TO fiasco last year?

Horrible idea. Utterly awful.

YEPPERS

Stautner

Reaction score
In case anyone hadna't noticed, this is the 132nd post discussing a completely unremarkable incident.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Stautner;3098902 said:
In case anyone hadna't noticed, this is the 132nd post discussing a completely unremarkable incident.

I am so glad that this turned out to be absolutely nothing to the team, the players, the coaches, the organization and in the lockerroom.

NOTHING !!

Wade laughed when asked about it.

If things like this cannot happen on the sidelines of an NFL football game, .. where fast, huge, strong athletic gladiators are bashing heads in a contest, then we have become a society of pansies.

Thank goodness there are still some "mens men" around.

(is this 133?) :laugh1:

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Hostile;3095498 said:
I think they have already worked it out given the fact that a few seconds later they were in DB discussions on the bench and that making a public apology would be a poor idea.
It's two fiery guys and I think after giving up that big 3rd down conversion, both were angry and one set the other off, doesn't matter which way it went. It was over a minute later and that should be the end of it.

But I'm sure ESPN is drooling at the fact that they have "drama in Dallas" even without you know who..